Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAna Never

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ana Never
    Posted: March 09 2011 at 05:45

Ana Never, a band from Subotica (Vojvodina, Serbia) exists since spring 2002. Shaped in a spirit of friendship and sensibility, it emerged out of exploration and experience of music and life of its three members, Srdjan Terzin (guitar), Dejan Topic (guitar) and Goran Grubisic (drums), who were friends since they were children. Inspired by music they listened to and motivated by their intimate emotions and fears, they started creating music which represents an unpretentious trial of multidimensional expression of emotions, thoughts and visions. It is a drift from decadence, what can be found in emotional and intellectual life of in these people in small scale, as well as in a more general sense, in the field of spirituality and life in general. Aware of their (lack of) qualities, but also deeply aware of the success that this longing for affirmation (of themselves, as well as of the, so called, artistic truth) brings, they did, after all, succeed in realizing themselves as a band, despite the resignation, defeatism and apathy that defines these souls from the Pannon mud.

After a year of their existence as Ana Never, Ivana Primorac (on bass) had joined them. This refined the content of their music, sublimated them as a band into an (now not so fragile) esthetic reference. Not long after that Ivan Ckonjevic joined the band, as the third guitarist. This completed the group and crystallized the soundscape of their music in that time. Back then they have been working on the music for A Diary of a Morphinist, a theater play based on a Csat Geza novel, directed by their friend Bane Filipovic. As a integral part of the consort, Ana Never performed whenever A Diary of a Morphinist is played…

With the help of their friends, they recorded the lo fi material for the first album, in Subotica, in July of year 2005. They didn’t quite succeed in their wish to sublime what they have started. What they have recorded is a realistic, but also a bit pale, confirmation of the floating anxiety and breaking down of a warmth that could exist in it all, inside of us and around us. It is also a verification of their longing for unstained recovery from it all. From year 2006 on their shows, when there are technical possibilities, like steady part of a band’s performance, there are video projections of band’s close friend Branislav Filipovic little movies and video works.

On 1st April of year 2006 the first album is self-released. After the release of their 1st record, Ivana simply moved away, geographically and she moved away from a band, as well. And now she’s totally focused on her solo project. So band nowadays works as a quartet + occasionally video operator… And in spite of anxiety and everyday life, they still have their quiet, but strong longing and insidious urge for making some more songs, concerts, records, videos…

Knowing that there is no line between the existence and nonexistence of Ana Never as a band, band lives in hope that in the end it will not convert into a pitiful sole existence, and that it will continue living as a thought about something small and beautiful. The sparkle of hope, a grain of consciousness that every song could be the last one, uncertainty in the damned tranquility, awaiting… Extending the steps into the swamp of all-devouring self-abandonment…

In year 2011 Fluttery records practically and officially (re)released Ana Never first record from 2006. Also band after some quiet hiatus and in new line-up is working on few new records that will be released in near future.

http://www.myspace.com/AnaNever
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 07:48
Did you write the bio, Nikola?

Excellent stuff BTW, I'm taking this suggestion to the Post-Rock Team for evaluation.
AstralliS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 08:07
Nope, I've just used the already written biography from the band's last.fm profile.

Glad you've liked it :)
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 08:20
Awesome band!!! i saw them in live concert few years ago, pure beauty, they released new EP few days ago, you have my YES vote Smile  
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 08:24
Awesome, only 2 hrs & 35 minutes between the band suggestion and the team clearance! Clap

I'm going to take the info from the bio in the OP and use it for PA's own bio, and add them today.
AstralliS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 08:30
Hell yeah! :D Thank you!

By the way, that EP is the same EP they've released in 2006, so it's just re-released on Fluttery Records. I've talked recently to a drummer of the band and he confirmed that they are working on new material.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 09:18
Added. This "EP" is 50 minutes long, I added it as a studio album. 
AstralliS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 09:33
Thank you!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 09:48
I'm a looking forward to your review. Stern Smile

Wink
AstralliS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 09:55
Actually I was about to do an interview, but surely I'll come up with a review too, just don't know when :D Preparing new volume of compilation and also planning to release a live collaboration between Consecration and Temple of the Smoke, they've done 3 years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply