Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRated albums and later reviewed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 04:46
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

I didn't get bored so much.But I want to say something that I wanted to say it for a long time.I know that you don't want me here.I don't know why.But I know that you don't have sympathy for me.I don't have problem.I have come to this conclusion because when I create a poll there's not big participation(mostly because I create polls for "obscure bands and subjects").But even when I create polls for famous bands happens the same thing again.If I'm wrong,tell me.But that's the way I feel.

Perhaps people would be more willing to read your posts if you put a space after your punctuation marks. 

Do you think that this is a so big problem for the others in order to not reading my posts?If it is,all you are f**king crazy.Bullsh*t!

Sonorous Meal show every Sunday at 20:00 (greek time) on http://www.justincaseradio.com
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 04:58

Do you think that this is a so big problem for the others in order to not reading my posts?If it is,all you are f**king crazy.Bullsh*t!

I can tell you that it certainly deters me from making it to the end of your posts. With the limited experience of one human lifetime I cannot ever tell you what it is like to truly be another person, but I imagine that there are others who feel the same way. It also doesn't help that you insist on using non-standard size/font. 

Or there's a conspiracy and they didn't invite me to the meetings, I don't know. 
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:01
Fascinating thread.

But seriously, I know of no conspiracy either and it saddens me that you are depressed.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:03

I can tell you that it certainly deters me from making it to the end of your posts. With the limited experience of one human lifetime I cannot ever tell you what it is like to truly be another person, but I imagine that there are others who feel the same way. It also doesn't help that you insist on using non-standard size/font. 

Or there's a conspiracy and they didn't invite me to the meetings, I don't know. 

What do you say? Every time I write with Arial font and size 3.
Sonorous Meal show every Sunday at 20:00 (greek time) on http://www.justincaseradio.com
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:06
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Fascinating thread.

But seriously, I know of no conspiracy either and it saddens me that you are depressed.

Dont' worry mr Cownie. I fall into depression many times in a year.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:09

Fascinating thread.

Even with that wonderful Greek sunshine? Although Athens is a terribly crowded city. I didn't enjoy my stay there.

Edited by Snow Dog - April 13 2011 at 05:10
Paravion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:11

Ok,I don't like very much to insert white spaces after commas.That's why I don't do it.But you don't answer me.Does it count this review or not?  

...What? How can you not like putting a space after punctuation? That is how English works.

You did not adequately answer why you are disregarding one of the central aspects of English grammar to make your reviews significantly more difficult to read.
Not exactly a central aspect of English grammar, more what may be labeled an ortographic convention.

Quote I don't like very much to insert white spaces after commas.That's why I don't do it.
LOL
I like such linguistic idiosyncrasies. More of this kind, please. 

Actually spaces are a relatively new invention. We assume people have been using spoken language pretty much since the beginning of mankind (spoken language doesn't have spaces), written (alphabetic) language originated approx. 2000BC (some logograhic versions earlier). Spaces were invented approx. 900 AD, so almost 3000 years of writing without spaces and 1000 years of writing with spaces. 

I don't find Prog Geo's posts difficult to read. The punctuation and upper-case letters are sufficient to indicate sentence stop. But if you want to be prog reviewer (for whatever reason) I'd suggest that you use spaces after punctuation anyway - in many cases, it just is a good idea to play by the rules..

Edited by Paravion - April 13 2011 at 05:28
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:13

Fascinating thread.

Even with that wonderful Greek sunshine? Although Athens is a terribly crowded city. I didn't enjoy my stay there.

Logical. Yes, even with the greek sunshine.By the way, today is a very shiny day here. You must not forget that in Brazil there's a depressive black metal band which is called Thy light. Generally I have a problem with the aura and the atmosphere of the world.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 05:41

Ok,I don't like very much to insert white spaces after commas.That's why I don't do it.But you don't answer me.Does it count this review or not?  

...What? How can you not like putting a space after punctuation? That is how English works.

I agree that observing a space is a basic rule that should be observed by everyone... Makling legible post is the most common courtesy to others, especially if you want tobe answered....ConfusedOuch

HP,  
Mind you, he's not the only one doing this.... Our future top reviewer (a matter of weeks nowWink)  systematically doesn't observe this rule either...

Funnily enough,  he does put a space after a coma or a semi-comaConfused, just not after the dot.

I'd also suggest most everyone reviewing to use paragraphs to structure the reviews.

Edited by Sean Trane - April 13 2011 at 05:47
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 06:27

I have rated some albums in 2010.But I reviewed them this year.For example I had rated Marrow of the spirit and before some minutes I reviewed it.In this case,does this review count for the 30 reviews which need to become a prog reviewer?

I guess it counts. On your collaborator page the review is registered:

Nevertheless, when I view the review page, this review is dated Nov. 10 (apparently the date of the rating; the review id. suggests the same).

Edited by someone_else - April 13 2011 at 06:27
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 07:06

I didn't get bored so much.But I want to say something that I wanted to say it for a long time.I know that you don't want me here.I don't know why.But I know that you don't have sympathy for me.I don't have problem.I have come to this conclusion because when I create a poll there's not big participation(mostly because I create polls for "obscure bands and subjects").But even when I create polls for famous bands happens the same thing again.If I'm wrong,tell me.But that's the way I feel.

So what? I make many polls for bands and there is normally no a lot of participation. And NO we do not not want you here, there are many people, though, that would be better off leaving the forum, but you're not one of them (yet).
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 07:14
Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

So what? I make many polls for bands and there is normally no a lot of participation. And NO we do not not want you here, there are many people, though, that would be better off leaving the forum, but you're not one of them (yet).

For sure I'm not.If I would like to leave the forum,I had already done it.
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 07:16

Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

For sure I'm not.If I would like to leave the forum,I had already done it.

Good to know.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 07:23
So,I want to know.With this type of writing that I use,how many reviews need to become a prog reviewer?
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 07:26

So,I want to know.With this type of writing that I use,how many reviews need to become a prog reviewer?

It isn't the qauntity but the quality.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 07:47
Keep writing. Try to expand the reviews a little. Practise makes perfect.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 09:09
As you can see it's very difficult for me to review albums (not only because of my english level) and it will take very long to become a prog reviewer. So,how long does it take to become a VIP member? Which are the rules about this?
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 10:08

As you can see it's very difficult for me to review albums (not only because of my english level) and it will take very long to become a prog reviewer. So,how long does it take to become a VIP member? Which are the rules about this?

Don't know.....but this has been answered more or less in this thread.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 10:34
Οk. Thanks. No, I haven't taken an answer about VIP member title yet. Except Plainview's reply.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 10:36
^Well thats it. What more do you need to know?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>