Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Caravan to release 40th Ann. "Land of grey & pink"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCaravan to release 40th Ann. "Land of grey & pink"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 20:23
Bad music? Would you be so kind to explain to me the concept of "bad music"?  Are there bad notes?  Bad melodies? One thing is NOT liking a band or artist and another thing is calling it bad... It's so easy to be a nobody and thrash an artist... This kind of comments is what keeps PA from being a serious source and not a fan base site... 
Ricardo Otero Jr.
Harry Hood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 21:25
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Sorry, but Golf Girl is probably in the top 10 worst songs on PA for me.

Come on dude, really? That's pretty harsh, considering how many songs are feautred on this website. I can easily name ten songs worse than Golf Girl off the top of my head.

Lucky Man
Bungle In The Jungle
Mr. Roboto
Keep Talking
Dogs Of War
Taste Of My Love
The Great Debate
Farmhouse
Drown With Me
Thick As A Brick
Thinking About You

And honestly I could probably come up with more.

I hated Golf Girl a long time ago. It grew on me though. At worst it's one of the better "joke songs", at best it's a catchy opener to a fantastic album.

Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 08:19
Ok yeah, that's not really true, I was just being hyperbolic. I'd probably rather listen to Grey and Pink instead of Images and Words again. But if one were to make a list of Musical Things That Annoy Henry, Golf Girl would check off a lot of them. 
if you own a sodastream i hate you
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 14:08
Originally posted by Harry Hood Harry Hood wrote:

Thick As A Brick

I see what you did there.
cemego View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 13:46

Everybody settle down!  Steve Wilson is a young guy who likes this old music.  A lot of prog music fans are such music snobs and that's why progressive music is not as widely accepted as we all would like.  Steve Wilson has EXCELLENT taste in classic prog music.  If you look at his personal website, he puts a list of albums that he is currently listening to and there is always some great progressive music classic he is involved with.  The guy has great taste for his age and a very open mind to some of the things we revere as classic or standards within the progressive music genre.  Let somebody with the facilities to do the work appreciate this music by remastering/reissuing it.  Its a wonderful testament to a person's good taste whether you like Wilson's music or not.  YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THE RESPECT.

(and besides, i personally believe that steve wilson is one of the few people out there that is keeping progressive music fresh and is steering it in the right direction.  you got to give him respect for that.)

listen to streaming stuff! no commercials!

http://wmom.servemp3.com:8000/listen.pls
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 14:41
Yeah we are an arrogant snobbish oppionated bunch here sometimes....leave Wilson alone for goodness sake. As for the regurgitating of old classics for this anniversary or that anniversary........well they make me feel like regurgitating....all this "bonus' bullsh*t has been oversold on all these re-released. I mean afew years ago we had the 'best of' Pink Floyd. What a jokeAngry

When I got a Cd version of " Thick As A Brick" the last thing I needed to hear was Ian Anderson doinga 10 minute interview at the end of 3 or 4 bonus tracks.....
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12