Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmon Duul II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 11:25
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

Below and excellent interview for the Düül fans. You might put Yeti or Tanz on while reading, it's a boggling 7 pages long Smile

http://www.thewire.co.uk/articles/60/?pageno=1     Thank you very much, as you can see i don't only listen to the Moodies LOL

Edited by jean-marie - May 15 2011 at 11:26
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 11:47
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

Below and excellent interview for the Düül fans. You might put Yeti or Tanz on while reading, it's a boggling 7 pages long Smile

http://www.thewire.co.uk/articles/60/?pageno=1

Read that back in '96. Too bad The Wire Sucks.

The name Amon Duul does have some meaning actually. Amon Ra was the Egyptian sun god and Duul was the Turkish music god. So I guess they were in their commune stoned out of their minds when they came up with the name. Another magazine article from way back a critic refers to the original Amon Duul in concert as as " A half an hour of musical nothing". Those who have heard those late sixties albums will probably agree which is why they split into two factions, one more concerned with ploitical rhetoric and the other, Amon Duul II, more concerned with making music. Although I like the relentless directionless jamming era of the band I prefer the more mature melodic period that culminated with the epic Made In Germany. If you listen closely or follow along with the lyric sheet you'll find that they recruited Hitler as their drummer on this ficticious sojourn through German history. What was good about Amon Duul II was their excellent English diction. Try and understand what bands like Birth Control or Jane are trying to say.
One of their best jams IMHO appears on the 2007 Revisited Records Carnival In Babylon CD as an 18 minute  bonus track  entitled Tatzelwumloch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12