Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs NATO going to help the rebels win in Lybia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Is NATO going to help the rebels win in Lybia?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [50.00%]
2 [25.00%]
1 [12.50%]
1 [12.50%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 01:59
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

When the UN is against a war, it is usually because they won't be getting any $$ with it.

Precisely my point!

The UN was giving food, plus various aid, to Iraq in exchange for allowing the country to sell its oil (curse that liquid!) so the UN had a very real interest to not see Iraq be toppled.

Yeah, it can be a disgrace sometimes.

From what I've heard, some economical crisis of the 20th century were fabricated in order to justify oil extraction in expensive places, such as Alaska, the Northern Atlantic, etc.

Thank God BR isn't as oil-dependant as the US (anymore) or we would be royally f**ked.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 02:04
It's curious how many people seem to forget that the mighty UN is just a collection of governments, the same governments that can rape and kill to gain power and money. Why people believe there is some kind of moral superiority in a decision coming from the UN is beyond me. It's as if, somehow, a meeting of the Five Families of La Cosa Nostra would be morally impeccable because it comes from a consensus among all five of them...
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 02:05
I always thought it'd be lulzy if the ICJ or ICC tried OPEC with collusion.

But yeah Caio, like we said man UN is good in theory but just nothing about it in real life makes any sense or is realistic.
As you mentioned to me in that PM only way it could really do it's job would involve making them an unstoppable machine! (Which no one wants so chill TeoLOL)

As for oil dependence, yeah its a sh*tty situation. Another reason to step up the alternative fuel solution amirite?
Besides just from a realistic standpoint, it wont be there in another 100 years. Might as well get crackin now.

Edited by JJLehto - May 29 2011 at 02:07
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 02:21
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

It's curious how many people seem to forget that the mighty UN is just a collection of governments, the same governments that can rape and kill to gain power and money. Why people believe there is some kind of moral superiority in a decision coming from the UN is beyond me. It's as if, somehow, a meeting of the Five Families of La Cosa Nostra would be morally impeccable because it comes from a consensus among all five of them...

I don't find it so unfathomable. After all, it was the UN who was responsible for setting the standars of human rights in contamporary society with the Human Rights bill of 1958. Most other laws on the subject (passed on nations) use that bill of rights as its measiring stick / template.
cannon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 02:37
UN=United Nothing

I was very knieve about the UN until I talked to a former employee. At that time I was deeply saddened and dissappointed from what I heard. The UN security council is basically hog tied. Russia and China pretty much vote against the rest of the members.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 04:36
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

The media and our leaders have made so many people believe for many years, that the UN is on the side of humanity, and when the security council vote to impoverish or bomb a nation, it's for humanitarian reasons. People fall for it. Every time. The double speak is incredible, but so many people feel that the decisions of their leaders alone can not always be trusted on the world stage - and with good reason - so, they prefer leaders with similar such dubious credentials to congregate and make decisions together.

It is possible to confuse co-operation with collusion.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 09:48
In general, the police bullsh*t just needs to stop.  America needs to stop lying to their citizens and to other nations by pretending they actually care about freedom worldwide, when their real motives are completely selfish.  It's about control over people who hate America, rightfully so, and about oil.  It's disgusting to see how people here have actually gotten used to these "conflicts" in the middle-east, and have accepted these wars as normal, along with all the lives lost from it.  It's terrible that America, along with much of Europe, is falling apart internally, yet they continue to mess with issues that don't concern them. 

Freedom is won by the people, not by another government.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 10:39
Originally posted by Eärendil Eärendil wrote:

In general, the police bullsh*t just needs to stop.  America needs to stop lying to their citizens and to other nations by pretending they actually care about freedom worldwide, when their real motives are completely selfish.  It's about control over people who hate America, rightfully so, and about oil.  It's disgusting to see how people here have actually gotten used to these "conflicts" in the middle-east, and have accepted these wars as normal, along with all the lives lost from it.  It's terrible that America, along with much of Europe, is falling apart internally, yet they continue to mess with issues that don't concern them.  Freedom is won by the people, not by another government.

I agree there is a certain amount of desensitization to conflict because there is so much of it about. The extent to which we are involved is worrying. The situation in Yemen is now almost as bad as Libya in terms of being perilously close to civil war, but it's barely making the news, although I guess that may change in the days ahead. It's reported there, that rebels, including Al Queada fighters have ceased a southern town. It will be interesting to see how the NATO 'One world army' deals with that one.

However the situation to keep a close eye on is Pakistan. Militants stormed a naval facility there last week, and British press reported that Obama has said he would put troops on the ground there, with or without the consent of Pakistan, if their nukes came under threat. This coincided with a warning from China, after the alleged killing of OBL, that the US MUST respect Pakistani sovereignty, and any attack on Pakistan would interpreted as an attack on China.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 11:21
Originally posted by cannon cannon wrote:

UN=United Nothing

I was very knieve about the UN until I talked to a former employee. At that time I was deeply saddened and dissappointed from what I heard. The UN security council is basically hog tied. Russia and China pretty much vote against the rest of the members.

yes, that's because either one of them will have their sphere of influence affected if the US, UK and France decide to do anything funny east of Bosphorus.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 11:25

UN=United Nothing

yes, that's because either one of them will have their sphere of influence affected if the US, UK and France decide to do anything funny east of Bosphorus.

Quite right.
As many in the world want...the time of the US being the sole superpower on Earth is quickly coming to an end.
The result?
Now we can have a bunch of superpowers running the world!
YAY!Big smile

Wait....

But hey freedom is all about choice right? If you are a small or developing country America isn't your only colonizer! You can choose to be indebted to the US, Russia, China, Indonesia in a few years. Hell Caio, even your Brazil will be getting in on it!

Edited by JJLehto - May 29 2011 at 11:34
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 12:52

UN=United Nothing

Quite right.
As many in the world want...the time of the US being the sole superpower on Earth is quickly coming to an end.
The result?
Now we can have a bunch of superpowers running the world!
YAY!Big smile

Wait....

But hey freedom is all about choice right? If you are a small or developing country America isn't your only colonizer! You can choose to be indebted to the US, Russia, China, Indonesia in a few years. Hell Caio, even your Brazil will be getting in on it!

It's getting back to the place it was about 150 years ago, during the Empire of Brazil. Back then we were the most powerful nation of the southern Hemphere, had the seventh biggest economy, the third or second most powerful navy and the southern part of the continent (Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina) were completelly controlled by us (politically). But then the army performed a ridiculous coup on the turn of the century that threw the nation in a descending spiral that we still didn't recover from.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 20:30
Well you guys are on your way!
All other countries in South America thought they'd be politically and economically independent but Brazil is back! Cool
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 18:39

All other countries in South America thought they'd be politically and economically independent but Brazil is back! Cool

Yes, most other countries in South America are hugely dependent on us now. Aregentina, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay have at least one third of their exports directed to us, with Venezuela not far behind. The one whoi's most dependent is Bolivia, I think.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 18:55

Yes, most other countries in South America are hugely dependent on us now. Aregentina, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay have at least one third of their exports directed to us, with Venezuela not far behind. The one whoi's most dependent is Bolivia, I think.

Indeed. I was also being a bit silly of course, modern colonization isn't cool Cry

Though I know the US and Brazil has had a....lukewarm relationship, can we finally be friends in our co-ruling of this side of the Atlantic?

Edited by JJLehto - May 30 2011 at 19:21
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 19:27

Indeed. I was also being a bit silly of course, modern colonization isn't cool Cry

Though I know the US and Brazil has had a....lukewarm relationship, can we finally be friends in our co-ruling of this side of the Atlantic?

Sure, but you is better gonna share dat nukes then, Merrika ma boi!
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 19:29

How bout we both run for President? We will have a great relationship, share nukes and dominate the America's.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 19:37

How bout we both run for President? We will have a great relationship, share nukes and dominate the America's.

Sounds like a plan. Now all I have to do is please all the local oligarchies and debunk the four major parties untill 2014 . . . Nothing that I can't do. Cool
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 19:46
Let's keep on topic, gentlemen. Please. Back to topic

Edited by Atkingani - May 30 2011 at 19:48
Guigo

~~~~~~
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 19:54
:C

OK then, I've seen that NATO is going to provide the rebels with 30 tacticall helicopters and that one of the five defecting generals said that Gaddafi's resourses will last for another 4 months only.

Edited by CCVP - May 30 2011 at 19:59
cannon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 20:28
The Colonel is going down.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>