Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSerbian instrumental Prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 03:25
I didn't have a clue there were so many prog bands in Serbia,although I'm from Belgrade..I've heard about a lot of them before,but I didn't know if they were classified as prog..
Btw some very close friends of mine have a prog band..I used to play,but now I'm just a huge fan..I'ts called Drum..I posted about them in the Unsigned bands section..You should really check it out..
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 03:31
WO0 is a guitar & synth player from Belgrade , Serbia http://herbariumrecords.bandcamp.com/album/woo-six-for-screening (free download) 
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7256

Edited by Svetonio - April 03 2012 at 03:38
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 04:55
Originally posted by Gentle Gryphon Gentle Gryphon wrote:

I didn't have a clue there were so many prog bands in Serbia,although I'm from Belgrade..I've heard about a lot of them before,but I didn't know if they were classified as prog..
Btw some very close friends of mine have a prog band..I used to play,but now I'm just a huge fan..I'ts called Drum..I posted about them in the Unsigned bands section..You should really check it out..
I checked them, months ago, when you posted a topic at "Unsigned Bands". Yes, they're good, in my opinion; they would to record a digital album and to put this at amazing Bandcamp.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 10:38
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 07:41
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2012 at 08:18
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

http://davidmaximmicic.bandcamp.com/album/bilo-20
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6769

Both EPs are great, but Bilo 1 is much better IMO.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 00:51
Ana Never's 2012 album, a post-rock masterpiece Small Years http://ananever.bandcamp.com/album/small-years

Edited by Svetonio - May 12 2013 at 02:03
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 12:52
Hi,

on the soundtrack to the film "Before The Rain" there is an outstanding piece with some electronics by someone named "Anastasia" ... anyone know anything about this one at all? ... I have never been able to locate anything else by that group/person.

Thanks a great bunch

(Excuse me, if it is not of Serbian descent, btw!)
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 23:29
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

on the soundtrack to the film "Before The Rain" there is an outstanding piece with some electronics by someone named "Anastasia" ... anyone know anything about this one at all? ... I have never been able to locate anything else by that group/person.

Thanks a great bunch

Anastasia is the band from Skoplje, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_(band)

Edited by Svetonio - November 24 2012 at 01:33
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2012 at 11:27
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

Svetonio, Fitness is amazing!  I'm downloading the EP right now.  Are the other songs that are on the full length version available anywhere on the internet?
Hi Todd!

Fitnes' debut album is now avaliable in its entirety  (13 tracks, free download)  : http://fitnes.bandcamp.com/album/udarci-i-varnice

Enjoy!

rgds
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2012 at 11:47
Thanks so much! I've just downloaded it. Can't wait to hear it!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2012 at 21:54
Was curious of this thread, so now I have just downloaded Fitness and will give it some spins and let you know.  Serbia is not a place I would have thought of first for music, but that is what is so great about this site, people from around the globe sharing their love of music.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2012 at 11:01
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Was curious of this thread, so now I have just downloaded Fitness and will give it some spins and let you know.  Serbia is not a place I would have thought of first for music, but that is what is so great about this site, people from around the globe sharing their love of music.
That the Internet has made it possible, so I can to recommend to you this instrumental EP for free download also: http://tripcycle.bandcamp.com/album/beep

I hope you will like Tripcycle, a band from Novi Sad, Serbia, because they're very original, such as Fitnes, but different; a lot of fun anyway.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2012 at 11:05

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Thanks a great bunch

Anastasia is the band from Skoplje, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_(band)

Very sad website ... can't even purchase any of the CD's ... totally sad! The mix and the work is outstanding, but I am not sure that most rock fans can appreciate cultural mixes like this one!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2012 at 19:28

That the Internet has made it possible, so I can to recommend to you this instrumental EP for free download also: http://tripcycle.bandcamp.com/album/beep

I hope you will like Tripcycle, a band from Novi Sad, Serbia, because they're very original, such as Fitnes, but different; a lot of fun anyway.

Thanks Svetonio, after giving each one a couple of plays, I find Fitnes was very good, can hear many influences in the guitar playing.  However, I must say that I really enjoyed Tripcycle more.  You are correct, they have an original approach and their style is something that captured me.  Do they have more albums out?

I find it interesting or coincidence that each group had a song with a similar title, Spectar and Spektar.  Is there something to that in Serbia?

Thanks for mentioning the city they were from, I have not heard of Novi Sad before and searched it in maps today, city on the Danube or Dunav River, quite interesting.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 02:38

Thanks Svetonio, after giving each one a couple of plays, I find Fitnes was very good, can hear many influences in the guitar playing.  However, I must say that I really enjoyed Tripcycle more.  You are correct, they have an original approach and their style is something that captured me.  Do they have more albums out?

I find it interesting or coincidence that each group had a song with a similar title, Spectar and Spektar.  Is there something to that in Serbia?

Thanks for mentioning the city they were from, I have not heard of Novi Sad before and searched it in maps today, city on the Danube or Dunav River, quite interesting.
Tripcycle released only Beep EP debut, not full lenght album yet.

Glad that you like them! Spektar means *spectrum* in Serbian. We write as we speak, so it's correctly spelled - spektar, no spectar;  as Fitnes is correctly spelled in Serbian, no two *s* as well.

I'm going now to recommend you that live jazz/rock album by Belgrade's band Metak Za Zlikovca ( translate "A Bullet For A Criminal"), as part of so called "New Belgrade Scene" and/or "Manekeni Bigza" the project,  for free and legal download (mp3): http://www.manekenibigza.org/?p=25

Also, a young Kikinda's fusion band called Super Confusion deserves to be mentioned in this thread:

Sadly, there's nothing by them at Bandcamp yet..

Edited by Svetonio - December 05 2012 at 03:44
Trick of the lamb View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 08:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY82yGGeNSA
Here's a cool jazz\rock instrumental by a band from Pozega from a couple of years back...
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 08:55

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 09:10
http://archive.org/details/siro544WindThroughForever-AstronautDepression

Almost forgot about this one, absolute masterpiece of space rock\experimental prog also from Pozega. Bear in mind that this is a one-man project! 
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 20:01

Tripcycle released only Beep EP debut, not full lenght album yet.

Glad that you like them! Spektar means *spectrum* in Serbian. We write as we speak, so it's correctly spelled - spektar, no spectar;  as Fitnes is correctly spelled in Serbian, no two *s* as well.

I'm going now to recommend you that live jazz/rock album by Belgrade's band Metak Za Zlikovca ( translate "A Bullet For A Criminal"), as part of so called "New Belgrade Scene" and/or "Manekeni Bigza" the project,  for free and legal download (mp3): http://www.manekenibigza.org/?p=25

Also, a young Kikinda's fusion band called Super Confusion deserves to be mentioned in this thread:

Sadly, there's nothing by them at Bandcamp yet..
Thanks again.  I have been listening toMetak Za Zlikovaca and enjoying it, very good.  I also must add that I have been listening to Fitnes a bit more and it has grown on me and like it more than my earlier post.  I did check out the Super Confusion links and is another good jazz/fusion style band.  Hope they release something soon.

There seems to be a nice ground swell of new artists in your country, curious as to what the past music of the 70s through 80s or 90s was like in your area?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>