4 [16.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 16:30
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Why? Do you go to hospitals where nurses make it a habit of having sex with patients? Besides, the questions are for gathering patient data.

Sexually transmitted diseases can be spread through means other than sex!? And the possibility of having an STD is even more relevant for patients.

Yea, I dunno, seems like maybe it should placed somewhere other than a list of vices tho. It is pertinent information, I guess because of STDs, however. I mean, I personally think sex without love is a vice, but that's my personal viewpoint; it's up to the individual to draw their own lines on where sex fits into the scheme of morality.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 16:32

Why? Do you go to hospitals where nurses make it a habit of having sex with patients? Besides, the questions are for gathering patient data.

Sexually transmitted diseases can be spread through means other than sex!? And the possibility of having an STD is even more relevant for patients.

Um, no. That's why they are called sexually transmitted diseases.  Aside from blood transfusions, but we do not run about giving our own blood to patients.  If they were spread that easily we would all have them and it would be a non-issue. If you are concerned about STD's being transmitted casually I would advise wrapping yourself in some impermeable membrane when in public.
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 16:47
Yea, but you work with lots of sharp implements that you stick into ppl so potential for bodily fluid exchange is there.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 16:50
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I've never had it, but I assume it would be disappointing.
This.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 16:57
Originally posted by Deathrabbit Deathrabbit wrote:

Yea, but you work with lots of sharp implements that you stick into ppl so potential for bodily fluid exchange is there.

And who do you think that risk truly applies to? I'll give you a hint, its not the patient.
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:07
Yea, but its still a possibility I'm sure. Don't tell me you can't conceive of someone, especially a new hire making a mistake like that. Plus, even if there wasn't it'd still have to be there as a legal ass-covering measure.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic. Back to why sex ruins everything ever. LOL

Edited by Deathrabbit - August 09 2011 at 17:08
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:12
I find I am unable to adequately commit to interpersonal human relationships, sex or otherwise. Press your space face close to mine, love. Freak out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah.
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:20
*Zoidberg Voice* Are you coming onto me?
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:25

And who do you think that risk truly applies to? I'll give you a hint, its not the patient.

Which is another reason that it's a good question to ask the patient (which is what you're actually doing)!
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:35

Which is another reason that it's a good question to ask the patient (which is what you're actually doing)!

Well, of course. And for the record (at least in this state) we are subjected to a number of titers/serologies to ensure we are free of the most heinous bloodborne pathogens (hep c, etc.).
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:44
No- I like Star Trek

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:50
Originally posted by Alitare Alitare wrote:

I find I am unable to adequately commit to interpersonal human relationships, sex or otherwise. Press your space face close to mine, love. Freak out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah.

I see a common thread amongst you guys. For one thing, quit over analyzing everything. It is alienating to others and for the individual, does nothing to promote true self-examination.  You guys are all young. I was in the same place at one time. The path to strong interpersonal relationships starts with a quality inTRApersonal relationship. Self-actualization is more than just jargon.  One thing women really love is to be listened to; listened to and truly heard. Can't be done when your own thoughts are constantly eating at you. You are a loudspeaker for your own self-worth and well being, projecting it onto others and the world around you.  There is more than just sex. Your occupational health depends on it as well. I'm sure it seems trite, but give yourselves time. Eat healthy and exercise. I'm not talking about 400 crunches, simply walk. You guys are clearly intelligent, just try not to use it as a hammer. Things will fall into place.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:52
I see you haven't met Dustin yet.
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 17:52
I'm not that young...kinda wish I was.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 18:00

I'm not that young...kinda wish I was.

Given the younger crowds responses in this thread and recalling my own experience, I miss it not one bit. I like where and who I am. Of course it is rather hot outside. Somewhere with a little more cool air and rain would be nice.
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 18:42
I'm not some lonely dunderhead that's had sex once and it was a failure. I've been having consistent sex for the past couple years (sometimes as much as three or four times a day). I know all of that self-actualization garbage by heart. Tell me how that helps you when your girlfriend just took 20 ambien and is so mentally spaced that she begs to steal her dad's wallet and card.

Or tell me how all that self-help nonsense is applicable to each human being, without accepting the differing psychological compositions of all humans? How does it help when your fiancee just tried to kill herself by overdosing on Advil PM? I mean it was only eight of them and she didn't even have alcohol in her system. The poor girl, she was just tired of life, is all. 

Personally I thrive on my feelings toward myself. I love myself just enough to like being me, and I hate myself just enough to never want to stop improving (in my eyes). I have found the balance that works for me. It's other people that I can't handle very well. At times I want to hug every human being that ever cried as if they were my only child. I don't know what I'll be tomorrow, but I'm always happy with what I am, today. 

Tell me how losing five pounds and eating apples and smiling in the mirror helps you when your mother talks about killing herself, or when your girlfriend tries to chop her arms off with an X-acto knife or when your fiancee has a bipolar episode or when your two year old stepson is lying in the floor screaming because we don't got any goddamn pretzels and all anybody can do is cover their eyes and cry and shake in the corner. Please connect the dots in which I have proffered.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 18:57

Well, of course. And for the record (at least in this state) we are subjected to a number of titers/serologies to ensure we are free of the most heinous bloodborne pathogens (hep c, etc.).

OK then. So what are we arguing about again?
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 19:05

OK then. So what are we arguing about again?

Sex, apparently.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 19:16
Originally posted by Alitare Alitare wrote:

I'm not some lonely dunderhead that's had sex once and it was a failure. I've been having consistent sex for the past couple years (sometimes as much as three or four times a day). I know all of that self-actualization garbage by heart. Tell me how that helps you when your girlfriend just took 20 ambien and is so mentally spaced that she begs to steal her dad's wallet and card.

Or tell me how all that self-help nonsense is applicable to each human being, without accepting the differing psychological compositions of all humans? How does it help when your fiancee just tried to kill herself by overdosing on Advil PM? I mean it was only eight of them and she didn't even have alcohol in her system. The poor girl, she was just tired of life, is all. 

Personally I thrive on my feelings toward myself. I love myself just enough to like being me, and I hate myself just enough to never want to stop improving (in my eyes). I have found the balance that works for me. It's other people that I can't handle very well. At times I want to hug every human being that ever cried as if they were my only child. I don't know what I'll be tomorrow, but I'm always happy with what I am, today. 

Tell me how losing five pounds and eating apples and smiling in the mirror helps you when your mother talks about killing herself, or when your girlfriend tries to chop her arms off with an X-acto knife or when your fiancee has a bipolar episode or when your two year old stepson is lying in the floor screaming because we don't got any goddamn pretzels and all anybody can do is cover their eyes and cry and shake in the corner. Please connect the dots in which I have proffered.

I don't know what to tell you. You are 21 and know everything and reject that which you "know". This Springer world that you live in is one you can only deliver yourself from.  And none of it has squat to do with sex. And you know that.
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 19:47
Yeah, I just wanted to bust your chops. All that stuff is true, but whatever. Besides, how can you judge my world as being a 'springer' world? You're superior to me, right? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>