Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - maudlin of the Well release limited Edition BoxSet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmaudlin of the Well release limited Edition BoxSet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 18:57
I ordered Part the Second and I don't even have a turntable, I'm such a hipster/fanboy. 

And I think that most motW fans don't have turntables, the albums in CD format would sell a lot more.
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 02:08
Originally posted by OzzProg OzzProg wrote:

Originally posted by Polo Polo wrote:

And to be honest, I'd kill for a remastered 4-cd boxset containing all motW albums.

I'm torn. agree that having the vinyl and digital copy is the best of both worlds. But I love having CDs to listen to in the car! (yes, yes, I know you can burn to CD-R, but it isn't the same!)

I don't have a portable digital music player.  I listen to CDs exclusively in the car and at work, and almost exclusively at home.  I did download PtS a few weeks ago, but I've only listened to it once.  I'm just a CD guy!  Am I going to way of the dodo?  I hope not.  I would get all motW if I could get them on CD.  If not, well...
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 08:51
Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

And to be honest, I'd kill for a remastered 4-cd boxset containing all motW albums.

I'm torn. agree that having the vinyl and digital copy is the best of both worlds. But I love having CDs to listen to in the car! (yes, yes, I know you can burn to CD-R, but it isn't the same!)

I don't have a portable digital music player.  I listen to CDs exclusively in the car and at work, and almost exclusively at home.  I did download PtS a few weeks ago, but I've only listened to it once.  I'm just a CD guy!  Am I going to way of the dodo?  I hope not.  I would get all motW if I could get them on CD.  If not, well...

I used to listen to CD's in my car all the time, until my cd player broke.  Then I bought a good mp3 player (not an ipod, a cowon) and haven't looked back.  Plus you can't look at the cd package or even the disc itself when you're in the car, so a burned disc works just as well.
DreamInSong View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 09:36

I ordered Part the Second and I don't even have a turntable, I'm such a hipster/fanboy. 

And I think that most motW fans don't have turntables, the albums in CD format would sell a lot more.

I did the same thing! LOL  I actually bought my turntable a month later to finally listen to it, haha, but now that I have one, I get most of my music on vinyl.

It is definitely worth it, even just to see the larger artwork Tongue CDs are still good for the car (unless you can hook up your MP3 player), and those rare occasions where the CD has something to offer the LP doesn't (Marillion's 2CD version of Marbles with the excellent "Ocean Cloud", or their deluxe version of Happiness is the Road with the massive collection of Antonio Seijas artwork); however, I think in the long run, you'll find LPs to be a more rewarding experience. Oh! That is unless you can get a surround sound version of the album, in which case get the DVD-A / Bluray Audio... and the LP Big smile
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 12:14
Originally posted by papashawn papashawn wrote:

Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

I used to listen to CD's in my car all the time, until my cd player broke.  Then I bought a good mp3 player (not an ipod, a cowon) and haven't looked back.  Plus you can't look at the cd package or even the disc itself when you're in the car, so a burned disc works just as well.

Hope I don't get myself arrested, but I look at the CD packages in the car all the time.  At stop lights only, of course!!Embarrassed
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 13:02
I've decided. I would buy a CD box set. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to throw money at you (even more... euhg...).

It seems that a lot of people share this opinion (Hint hint hint hint!)

Edited by OzzProg - October 22 2011 at 13:02
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 14:34
I would also prefer a CD reissue instead of a vinyl reissue. 
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2011 at 12:57
Ordered!  This sounds amazing (especially the signed poster).  I really like the idea of having each record a different color based on the interludes too.
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 08:17
You people should just go out and find the albums on CD!  There are a few still floating around out there Wink
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 08:38

If you were a hipster you would own a turntable.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 13:52
I agree with DreamInSong, the only digital formats I've purchased recently (or even the past 5 years) have been SACD or DVD-A for the hi-res or surround audio.  Once I bought a turntable, I didn't look back.  I've got about 200+ cd's, and well over double that in vinyl (but I only started truly collecting in 2008).  Yes, an affordable CD box with all their albums in it has its merits, but I guess in my case, i wouldn't know where to put it after I ripped the audio onto my computer.  Wink
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 14:50
I've tried buying this but paypal refuses to accept either of the credit cards I tried to use. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get paid next and hope that it doesn't sell out in the meantime.

RE: CDs vs. Vinyl, I find I much prefer CD.I tried vinyl out and I do enjoy them, but the extra maintenance required and the cost associated with them (especially when shopping online) I find to be a deterrent from me fully switching over, and most things I listen to are easier to find on CD. So while I do buy vinyl, I prefer to get CD where available. (For some releases, I do get both though)
The Neck Romancer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 14:53
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

If you were a hipster you would own a turntable.

I've had a can of Pabst once.

Originally posted by NecronCommander NecronCommander wrote:

You people should just go out and find the albums on CD!  There are a few still floating around out there Wink

But but but I need a remastered version of the debut Cry

Edited by Polo - October 24 2011 at 14:55
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 14:54
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

I've tried buying this but paypal refuses to accept either of the credit cards I tried to use. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get paid next and hope that it doesn't sell out in the meantime.

RE: CDs vs. Vinyl, I find I much prefer CD.I tried vinyl out and I do enjoy them, but the extra maintenance required and the cost associated with them (especially when shopping online) I find to be a deterrent from me fully switching over, and most things I listen to are easier to find on CD. So while I do buy vinyl, I prefer to get CD where available. (For some releases, I do get both though)

Not sure what's going on with Paypal and Canadian customers.  This is the 3rd time I've heard that.  Very strange.  Let me know if it still doesn't work and we'll figure something out.

As for CD's, I just don't like that you can make them at home with a computer.  At least with Vinyl, you can't make that yourself.  That said, at the request of the artists I'm working with, I'll be releasing a few CD's in the near future.  They'll be in nice digipacks with booklets or extra art panels.  Just no stale jewel cases.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 15:00
I could use a Terzij de Horde CD Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 15:01
Digipacks can be absolutely wonderful, I suspect this hate for CDs often comes from people who haven't held a nice digipack in their hands. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 15:04
Digipaks > super jewel cases > jewel cases.

Alex, I wish the Coyote digipak wasn't so fragile. The other digipaks I've got are all wonderful though.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 15:07
^ Did something bad happen to it? :( Mine's in perfect condition. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 15:09
I lent it to a friend and she accidentally ripped one inch off the front cover. 
Blood Music View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 05:23
Toby Driver speaks.

http://tobydriver.blogspot.com/2011/10/maudlin-of-well-bath-leaving-your-body.html

These are selling like insanity.  Nearing our pre-order goal.

---

Hey Polo, what's the problem of ordering from Finland to South America?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>