Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What was the big  fact of all your Prog.Rock fan?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat was the big fact of all your Prog.Rock fan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the big fact of all your Prog.Rock fan?
    Posted: October 25 2011 at 18:06

Well , I began listen Prog. Rock since when I was a teenager ,but now I'm 52 years old.
I remember, my debut album was "Selling England by The Pound" , and I became a passionate  of Genesis fan , of course by prog. rock style.
Ever living in a country which a visit of  a Prog. Rock big band ,many years ago was very hard appears.
One day I was reading a Newspaper and suddenly in the frontpage, " Genesis in Rio, date 14/05/77" II  I couldn't to IThe Show was wonderful , I was sitting behind Chester Thompson and Phil Collins , one is left-handed, and during the solo of Los Endos, was great ,the drummers turned to opposited sides, reminding a mirror, the sound was bombastic, the stadium was shaking..
In the beggining of the same show I saw Patrick Moraz n the Special Chairs and I asked him an autograph and he gave me! My God!!
TheMasterMofo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 18:17
I think that my biggest moment of being a prog fan came when I went to New York City to see Dream Theater play their 20th anniversary show for the filming of the Score DVD on April 1st, 2006. Just walking around on the street and seeing fellow DT fans in the days leading up to the show, having it rain and busting out with a big "It's raining, raining on the streets of New York City!" that only DT nerds would understand, and then standing outside of Radio City Music Hall before the show and seeing Jordan Rudess and his family pop out of the trailer right beside where we were standing...

It was an awesome time! Finally, its awesomeness culminated when I saw myself in the DVD in the very last scene of the second disc.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 20:34
 i listened to a lot of heavy rock in the seventies, and did not click with prog at first
         then a friend lent me his copy of Triumvirat's Illusions On A Double Dimple, and after that there was no turning back! i was convinced i was missing out by ignoring prog, and things mushroomed from there
          first real prog concert was ELP in Ottawa in January of 1993-great and memorable show-their first time in Ottawa
 Post Reply Post Reply