Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUpcoming Meshuggah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming Meshuggah
    Posted: October 26 2011 at 07:58
Well I´ll be damned!Dead I was under the impression that the album would be released in the fall October or November, but now after reading an interview with Mårten Hagström I now know that it´s supposed to be released in early spring.
Boy am I pissed and dissapointed. I was and still am really looking forward to this album. I WANT IT NOWBig smile
I´ve never been a fan of the waiting game.LOL
I like my eggs boiled and that´s it!
I Love Internet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2011 at 08:01
But luckily I´ve got a couple of truck loads of other new music to wade through.Hug

irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2011 at 08:19
Originally posted by I Love Internet I Love Internet wrote:

Well I´ll be damned!Dead I was under the impression that the album would be released in the fall October or November, but now after reading an interview with Mårten Hagström I now know that it´s supposed to be released in early spring.
Boy am I pissed and dissapointed. I was and still am really looking forward to this album. I WANT IT NOWBig smile
I´ve never been a fan of the waiting game.LOL

How much do you love Internet now? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LOL
I Love Internet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2011 at 12:27
Well if wasnt for internet i might not even know about the whole progressive rock thing so... i´d say still love internet quite a bit.

Again I see that either I am or you are an idiot (I believe its me) since I cant see what you are laughing at. Or maybe Im just blind.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2011 at 22:27
Originally posted by I Love Internet I Love Internet wrote:

Well if wasnt for internet i might not even know about the whole progressive rock thing so... i´d say still love internet quite a bit.

Again I see that either I am or you are an idiot (I believe its me) since I cant see what you are laughing at. Or maybe Im just blind.

Don't worry about me man, I just take things too far sometimes. Smile

And I'm looking forward to the upcoming Meshuggah album. It'll be worth the wait if we get another great one from them crazy Swedes! 
adace1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2011 at 03:48
I seriously can't wait either but at least we had some Meshuggah-esque releases this year from Textures, Uneven Structure and Volumes (among others) to whet the appetite.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 05:53
I can't believe not one of the albums by this pioneering Metal band is in the 'Top-20' of the Prog-Extreme genre.
For all the lack of knowledge I possess and what little I know of these Tech Metal bands, whether or not the band members themselves are familiar about the older bands or not, I hear lots of Zeuhl elements in Meshuggah, and King Crimson elements in Gorguts. Perhaps it's my over-active imagination, but from the many Tech bands I've looked into, these 2 are the ones that really 'move' me. And Behold -The Arctopus. I do focus on Bass so that may explain a chunk of my interest.......
I don't go for the 'growl' vocal, it just comes across as a frad immature, juvenile, a disgruntled teen whose angry at life in general, mindless Punk-rage...........just 'angry' vocals that seem to fit the music perfectly, and probably more 'pretentious' than ELP.   So, Hammond/Moog histrionics Vs. Death Growl........... Even ground, I'd say.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 07:38
Bumping thread..........
I'm becoming deeply immersed in Meshuggah's brand of Prog-Metal (if it's truly even 'Prog' at all.....) but it's rather complicated music to grasp, the musicians themselves are up there with the best, and I'm really enjoying what these guys do over any other 'Death Metal' band. Maybe coz they're Swedish and the members pursue other musical avenues as well. Bassist Dick Lovgren is more Jazz oriented than anything.
Here we have an Extreme Metal band that surpasses most other acts in this area.
Seems not many Proggers like these guys. I've not come across any Death Metal dudes (not that there's been many at all) that have heard of these guys either. What a well kept secret Meshuggah is. Heaps of YouTube stuff available - even a 'behind the scenes' episode that shows them having a lot of insane fun (and possibly tripping.....)
What a group......
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 10:47
^I love Meshuggah, I'm not sure why they don't get much talk here, maybe they're a bit too extreme for most people on here? Anyways, I especially love 'Contradictions Collapse', 'Destroy Erase Improve', and the two most recent ones.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2015 at 15:16
^ The 'Psykisk Testbild' EP from '89 is already awesome. I'd love to have that on vinyl .....
I am expecting Santa to bring a dbl White vinyl issue of Koloss - been youtubing that album for weeks now.
What helps in digging this band is that upon watching interviews/demonstrations by individual members, they aren't 'heavy' messed-up folks, they are talented and highly creative musicians that play this music from the heart, they're not Satanists, they're not 'evil', they're not even too far removed from Magma's idealism. I love their sound - and another band, Gorguts, (and indeed anything with Colin Marston) seems to resonate with me.
There's an insanely funny parody of Jens Kidman on YouTube - 'what does Jens Kidman do when he wakes up' or something to that effect. Totally hilarious, LMAO every time.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2016 at 02:57
The gang from Umea are set to release a BRAND NEW album in Autumn (Fall). This time around, they've decided to use 15 stringed Guitars !! Is there no stopping them ??
Looking forward to this, BIG TIME
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 20:16
The Violent Sleep Of Reason - ordered the dbl Turquiose vinyl edition already. Comes in many variations (just like the new Opeth 'Sorceress' album). Such 'gimmickery' seems to work with us vinyl nuts
I hope this new one is as good as the last.......
 Post Reply Post Reply