0 [0.00%]
3 [6.38%]
2 [4.26%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 09:22

I don't believe the 9/11 conspiracies because all the conspiracy people manipulate the data JUST as much as the people in control. I can't even trust the conspiracy people.

Also the Illuminati is based off a science-fiction series. That's stupid.

But...

I do believe there is something like an Illuminati but it's not the same as that stupid f**king fictional story.

And while I don't really believe the 9/11 theroies. I DO NOT BELIEVE OUR GOVERNMENT IS ABOVE KILLING IT'S OWN CITIZENS FOR POLITICAL GAIN. WE DO STUFF LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME ON MUCH SMALLER SCALES.

I don't really think a lot of these conspiracies are real, but I would not put it past those f**ks.
GaryB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 11:40
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by GaryB GaryB wrote:

I know that many people do not believe in conspiracies.
Wasn't the Watergate cover-up a conspiracy?
What do the doubters say about that?
Watergate was not a conspiracy theory - it was a conspiracy that was uncovered.
I didn'y say Watergate was a conspiracy theory, I said that the Watergate cover-up was a conspiracy.
The intent of the post was to respond to people who claim that conspiracies do not exist.
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 11:43
Watergate is a good example of how hard it is for a conspiracy to remain secret for very long. That's why I tend to disbelieve any conspiracy theory: not because I think people lack the malice and cunning to conspire, but because I think they lack the competence to keep it from leaking out.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 12:34
Satanic murder cult hoax!  In the 80's, supposedly Devil worshippers were posed at daycare centers in San Antonio. Young people performed ritualistic killings across the U.S. and it was linked to the influence that "Heavy Metal" music had on their minds. I find all of that to be farce when Senator Gore's wife (who threw a hissy), put "Heavy Metal" artists on the stand..while sitting and rubbing shoulders with the record executives who forced bands to use disturbing album covers...for example the famous Norman Rockwell painting with a mother serving dinner to the family..except in this case she would be serving a dead baby.

Record executives made a fortune off "Heavy Metal" music with sadistic lyrics and covers. The public at large looks upon the "Satanic Panic" era as being a joke. The press had a field day..however that is all about the nature of being a journalist. So as a result , a majority of people found the posing in daycare centers to be a hoax. Actually in the world of elderly and wealthy Satan worshipper sects, this is a method of "hiding in plainsight" and has been applied for hundreds of years, dating back to the original countries it derived from. The press had a field day with everything! That doesn't make facts untrue.

Young kids during that era and even today...form their own cults. Are my eyes green?LOL  They would mostly worship in the wooded areas of their hometown or find abandoned buildings as such and they made themselves feel special. Every so often , a youth will be selected to join an elderly and wealthy Satan worshipper sect. The youth may have his own Satan cult that meets in the woods. He has been the only youth selected to join the elderly sect...so the other members of the his cult are left out completely. Some ritualistic killings have led police to believe that a young group of Devil worshippers is closely connected to an elderly sect. Which in some cases the youth who is convicted of this crime will take he/she's own life rather than turning in the elderly sect. That usually occurs in prison.

Lilith Sinclair, who was a priestess for the "Church of Satan" was interrogated in the summer of 1971 for the ritualistic killing of a boy in our school. This was the pre-"Temple of Set" ..which was a large group of cult members that decided to revolt against the "Church of Satan". This happened prior to Michael Aquino's joining of forces with Lilith Sinclair to form the "Temple of Set" in 72'  Lilith Sinclair stated to the police and the press.."Everytime the police discover a youth murdered in a ritualistic killing I am to blame. "I have nothing to do with young people who take drugs and are searching for attention". So....there are elderly and wealthy sects in the U.S who migrated to the U.S. many years ago. That is not farce at all.  They have in fact sacrificed youths in rituals. Parents who are concerned over the odd personalities of their children concentrate on the senseless patterns in their life...such as symbols, dangerous music, making attempts to justify the behavior and addressing it. This is okay within itself depending whether or not the child is following in some degenerate's footsteps...however it would be very unlikely that the average parent would even consider that a judge in a courtroom would belong to a Satan worshippers sect or a doctor for that matter. In that sense....a majority of society is on the wrong path to serving real justice.

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 12:50

I know that many people do not believe in conspiracies.
Wasn't the Watergate cover-up a conspiracy?
What do the doubters say about that?
Watergate was not a conspiracy theory - it was a conspiracy that was uncovered.
I didn'y say Watergate was a conspiracy theory, I said that the Watergate cover-up was a conspiracy.
The intent of the post was to respond to people who claim that conspiracies do not exist.
I don't think anyone says conspiracies don't exist - that would be irrational - if you have examples then that would be interesting to read to see exactly how those people came to that conclusion. The people (like myself) who dismiss outlandish conspiracy theories like every single one listed in the OP do not deny that conspiracies exist, when a group of people conspire to do something in secret that is a conspiracy - when something happens and people imagine all kinds of possible scenarios based upon circumstantial (at best) evidence that is a conspiracy theory - two different things.
What?
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 12:57
Wonder of wonders, I agree with Dean.
GaryB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 13:14
I am not going to get into a long quote after quote after quote discussion with you.
You responded to my very short post by saying that Watergate was not a conspiricy theory.
I did not use the word theory anywhere in my post.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 14:17
^ That's fair enough - I'm not interested in getting into discussions that don't exist, just that when people say conspiracies don't exist they are implying "conspiracy theories" - not proven conspiracies or cases such as the Barclay's bank  traders conspiring to rig interest rates which (based on current findings) looks like amassing enough evidence for criminal prosecutions. When you say "...that many people do not believe in conspiracies. Wasn't the Watergate cover-up a conspiracy? What do the doubters say about that?" in a thread about conspiracy theories the only assumption I can draw is you are referring to real and imagined conspiracies - I merely pointed out that Watergate does not fall under imagined conspiracies.

Edited by Dean - July 25 2012 at 14:17
What?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 14:33
Roswell was a coverup.  What people don't realize is that it was Roswell, Georgia. And like any really good conspiracies, no one knows about it.

What makes it even better is that I was working at a firm called Arcana and we did the interim city hall for Sandy Springs when they became their own city, located off Roswell Road, and Arcana doesn't exist anymore.

I could tell you more but I'd have to kill you.

Dee dee dee dee.  Dee dee dee dee...

Edited by Slartibartfast - July 25 2012 at 14:41
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

GaryB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 14:54
Hey Dean
I hear what you're saying and I probably shouldn't have said "many people".
We all know that sometimes in conversations about things like conspiricies or aliens or whatever, someone will say that they don't believe that what ever you're talking about exists. They're probably just taking the opposite side of whatever subject the group is talking about.
When it comes to conspiracies, I am concerned about the ones that we don't know about.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 15:05
^ aren't we all - you just have to temper things that can and do happen with things that are highly improbable.

I think it would be very foolish to categorically state that aliens do not exist - mathematically the odds are in favour of life existing somewhere in the Universe as well as on Earth, however I find it highly unlikely that a race of beings with the advance intelligence and technology necessary to traverse astronomical distances in space would come here just to mutilate cattle and make a few interesting geometric patterns in crop fields.

Edited by Dean - July 25 2012 at 15:06
What?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 18:34

The JFK assassination is one of the most popular conspiracy theories because there were so many unanswered questions about the actual shooting. Could one shooter get off the number of shots fired in just a few seconds using a single-shot bolt action rifle and hit a moving target?   -Yes; especially a Marine trained in sharpshooting and rapid bolt-action as Oswald was.

Is the "single bullet theory" (magic bullet) believable?   - It's well within the realm of possibility, but frankly it's not as important as we tend to think; the fact that one bullet may have passed through both men tells us little about how many shooters there were.  Oswald could easily have gotten off four shots and the Warren Report simply guessed wrong.

By the way, that bullet was not dug out of Connally's thigh by a doctor. It was found on the gurney, laying next to Connally after he arrived at the hospital.   - This was odd, but again tells us little about what actually happened. Oswald - or just someone shooting from the Book Depository - could have, and likely did, get off more than three shots.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an "Oswald Did It" person, but the handling of JFK's body was so poor and the autopsy so limited, the massive parietal and frontal damage seen in Bethesda and the fact that it conflicts with the very simple large hole in the rear skull seen in Dallas may only indicate the head was damaged in transit (a good reason for the Feds to cover-up a botched autopsy)

Edited by Atavachron - July 25 2012 at 18:38
GaryB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 20:37
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

The JFK assassination is one of the most popular conspiracy theories because there were so many unanswered questions about the actual shooting. Could one shooter get off the number of shots fired in just a few seconds using a single-shot bolt action rifle and hit a moving target?   -Yes; especially a Marine trained in sharpshooting and rapid bolt-action as Oswald was.

Is the "single bullet theory" (magic bullet) believable?   - It's well within the realm of possibility, but frankly it's not as important as we tend to think; the fact that one bullet may have passed through both men tells us little about how many shooters there were.  Oswald could easily have gotten off four shots and the Warren Report simply guessed wrong.

By the way, that bullet was not dug out of Connally's thigh by a doctor. It was found on the gurney, laying next to Connally after he arrived at the hospital.   - This was odd, but again tells us little about what actually happened. Oswald - or just someone shooting from the Book Depository - could have, and likely did, get off more than three shots.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an "Oswald Did It" person, but the handling of JFK's body was so poor and the autopsy so limited, the massive parietal and frontal damage seen in Bethesda and the fact that it conflicts with the very simple large hole in the rear skull seen in Dallas may only indicate the head was damaged in transit (a good reason for the Feds to cover-up a botched autopsy)

Oswald was not trained in sharpshooting. In the Marines he had the same basic training that anyone going through boot camp has. Bolt action rifles have not been used in military basic traing since before WWII so he had no special training with that type of rifle. This type of rifle was never intended for rapid fire.
I can't come up with any possible way that the same bullet could wound the governor in the arm, chest and thigh.
If his arm was in front of his upper body then one bullet could go through the arm and into the chest. If his arm was in front of his lower body then one bullet could go through the arm and into the thigh. Either way, you have one bullet causing two wounds, not three.
During the testing, army shooters were not able get off three shots in the allotted time so how is four shots likely?
Again, you have to understand the function of a bolt action rifle. We're just talking about number of shots in an allotted time (and we're not even discussing accuracy and a moving target).
How did the bullet get onto the gurney when it was supposed to be in the governor's chest or thigh? Or was this a different bullet than the one that wounded the governor? A loose bullet from the seat or floor of the limouzine would certainly have to be considered when determining number of shots fired and number of wounds.
The investigations were handled poorly but could that have been intentional? It's better to appear incompetent  than than to appear guilty of a cover-up.
And lastly, someone made certain that Oswald was not able to give his version of what happened.
I wonder what he did say in the two days before he was eliminated? Surely he was thoroughly questioned during that time.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 20:52
Of course he was questioned but no recordings were made and the few notes taken are unaccounted for.   Oswald was absolutely trained in sharpshooting as all Marines are, unlike Army (he even trained on moving targets shaped like men in cars).   We know from his wife that he would practice rapidly working the bolt, and though not a great shot by Marine standards, was a good one.

As for ballistics, it is a more complex subject than it appears and a lot of researches assume they understand how bullets behave and what kinds of wounds they create based on previous misinformation.   If the question is could a bullet pass through two people causing multiple wounds, the answer is without a doubt yes.  If the question isis that what actually happened, we don't know, but again it tells us little about how many shooters or who they were because the Warren Commissions findings were a theory as stated up front in the Report, and they simply could've been wrong about Oswald only being capable of firing three shots.  

If you don't buy the Report, than how can you buy the 'Only three shots were possible' scenario?

Edited by Atavachron - July 25 2012 at 23:21
GaryB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 21:03

^ aren't we all - you just have to temper things that can and do happen with things that are highly improbable.

I think it would be very foolish to categorically state that aliens do not exist - mathematically the odds are in favour of life existing somewhere in the Universe as well as on Earth, however I find it highly unlikely that a race of beings with the advance intelligence and technology necessary to traverse astronomical distances in space would come here just to mutilate cattle and make a few interesting geometric patterns in crop fields.
I was raised in a Christian family. When I was a young boy, if had asked my parents about aliens (or spacemen as we called them) I would have been given a look that could only be interpreted as saying "We want a DNA test".
My pet theory is that there is a strong chance that aliens exist and they have been monitoring us for years.
They just feel that we are too stupid to bother with. Don't give up hope though because maybe in another thousand years they may consider us worthy of contact. Maybe.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 23:02
Conversely, there is also evidence that no one was shooting from the Depository; the police who checked the whole building just after the shooting reported no smell of gunpowder in the building including sixth floor, which presumably would've been noticeable on a warm Texas afternoon.   Several of the ear-witnesses who's Warren report testimony says they heard gunshots from the sixth floor have now stated their testimonies were altered and misrepresented.  Many of them were black and didn't want to make a fuss about it when the Report came out in '64.   Only one person standing directly across the street said they actually saw a man (vaguely fitting Oswald's description) with a rifle in the sixth floor window, and the Commission used it as one of their cornerstones.  An excellent example of highlighting evidence that supports a predetermination, rather than weighing all of the empirical evidence to come to a conclusion.

Here's the really difficult aspect of the case: Oswald had to have been involved or known something was afoot, because he fled the Depository, went home, got a loaded handgun and left again.  This is suspicious and not the behavior of an innocent man.  It would also appear quite likely that he was both a true Communist and an informant for the FBI/ATF; highly intelligent with a mastery of Russian almost unheard of for a young American; broke, depressed, confused and gullible; and had married a woman whose uncle was a Russian Intelligence officer.

Something very bizarre was going on with this young man and I suspect the truth behind the case lies somewhere between the theories--  Oswald may've been a knowing player in the crime and at the same time monitoring the plotters for the Feds.

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 23:14
Why are the Protocols of the Elders of Zion listed as a conspiracy? They were a forgery, that's a different story. If someone actually believed nowadays that they are real, an entire conspiracy theory could be created about the whereabouts of tbe aliens who abducted said person's brain.

Big Pharma drug conspiracy? It is not a conspiracy when it's obvious.

I read a quite crazy new conspiracy theory the other day. The Batman murderer apparently was paid and trained and financed by the FBI. Yes, even I can see how incredibly idiotic this one is.
GaryB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 00:44
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Of course he was questioned but no recordings were made and the few notes taken are unaccounted for.   Oswald was absolutely trained in sharpshooting as all Marines are, unlike Army (he even trained on moving targets shaped like men in cars).   We know from his wife that he would practice rapidly working the bolt, and though not a great shot by Marine standards, was a good one.

As for ballistics, it is a more complex subject than it appears and a lot of researches assume they understand how bullets behave and what kinds of wounds they create based on previous misinformation.   If the question is could a bullet pass through two people causing multiple wounds, the answer is without a doubt yes.  If the question isis that what actually happened, we don't know, but again it tells us little about how many shooters or who they were because the Warren Commissions findings were a theory as stated up front in the Report, and they simply could've been wrong about Oswald only being capable of firing three shots.  

If you don't buy the Report, than how can you buy the 'Only three shots were possible' scenario?

I was going to respond to this earlier but I decided to have dinner instead.
I have no idea where you got your information about Oswald's military background.
Oswald went through basic (very basic) training, then to Radar school. After completing that, he was sent to a permanent duty station where he was a Radar Operator. He served as an operator until he was released from service.
I don't know where you came up with "trained on moving targets like men in cars". No one gets specialized training like that (especially in the late fifties) except elite special forces or snipers and he was definitely not one of those.
The fact that he practiced (on his own) rapidly working the bolt only shows how little he knew about rifles. You see, bolt action rifles have not been used to train troops since before WWII. So not only did he have nothing more than basic rifle marksmanship in the military, he had no training at all with a bolt action.
Ballistics and types of wounds have nothing at all to do with this. What part do they play?
I have already stated that it is very possible that one bullet could have passed through Kennedy and then through Connally's arm and then into his chest. But, one bullet could not have passed through Kennedy and then through Connally's arm and into his chest  and then into his thigh. How could that have happened?
No, the evidence does not tell us how many shooters there were. But I think it clearly tells us that Oswald did not act alone.
I don't think I said that I "buy the Report" because it is all crap. I did not say that I bought the "only three shots were possible" scenario. I said that there was no way that four shots were "likely" (your words).
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 01:22
Let's put it this way; Oswald had reasonable-to-good skills with a rifle, enough to shoot accurately, qualifying with moderate skill as a Marine Sharpshooter.  This is a matter of military record.   The shot from the Depository to the limousine was not that difficult for someone who'd been practicing, and looks bigger in photographs than it is.

My point is not that Oswald acted alone, but that one person shooting from the rear could have caused the wounds on both JFK and Connally.   Further, if you wanted to pin an assassination by rifle on someone, they're ability to shoot accurately better be on record.

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 01:30

I was raised in a Christian family. When I was a young boy, if had asked my parents about aliens (or spacemen as we called them) I would have been given a look that could only be interpreted as saying "We want a DNA test".
My pet theory is that there is a strong chance that aliens exist and they have been monitoring us for years.
They just feel that we are too stupid to bother with. Don't give up hope though because maybe in another thousand years they may consider us worthy of contact. Maybe.
Ah....no. That is so highly improbable it tends towards being practically impossible.

Aside from the problem of getting here there is the problem of knowing which star with planets to chose to visit. Aliens will have the same problems we have in looking for and detecting life on other planets - because of the distances involved they will not be able to hop from solar system to solar system looking for signs of life. The best chance they have is the one we use - listening for radio waves that cannot have been made naturally - and to detect us using that method means they have to be within a radius of 50 light years of us (assuming that once they detected our signal they launched a light-speed vessel to visit us) - that's a total of 133 star systems - with such a small number the probability of intelligent extraterrestrial life living on one of them is ridiculously small. That is assuming they have light-speed capability, which is also highly improbable - if we are more realistic and assume they have sub-light-speed capability then the number of stars that could have planets that could have intelligent life that detected our radio waves and then launched a sub-light-speed vessel in our direction drops dramatically from 133 to zero. Seriously. It's zero. The closet star system is Alpha Centauri at 4.39 light years away - in "real" terms that's 25,806,614,165,900 miles - Apollo 10 reached a maximum speed of 24,790 mph - it would take it 118,789 years to reach Centauri - for a Centauri alien to have detected the first radio signal we ever transmitted, then jumped into a spaceship and got here in 96 years they would have to travel at 30 million miles an hour. I'm not saying that's impossible, but it is so highly improbable it's as good as impossible.

I'm going to put my neck out as say that faster than light speed travel for any object with mass is completely impossible. I can pass a camel through the eye of a needle - it's really easy - I just need a sharp set of butchers knives, an industrial strength blender and a hyperdermic syringe - putting the camel back together the other end is slightly harder - light-speed (eg wormhole or somesuch) travel would be much like that.

Edited by Dean - July 26 2012 at 01:40
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>