Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy Dream Theater is the Best Prog band!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Dream Theater is the Best Prog band!!
    Posted: July 02 2005 at 16:43

Ok, guys. This is actually a fake thread, so you guys can sign the petition:

www.one.org

Sign and tell your friends.

Ed_The_Dead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 16:45
Heheehehe... What a dirrrrrrty trick!!!
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 16:47

Originally posted by Ed_The_Dead Ed_The_Dead wrote:

Heheehehe... What a dirrrrrrty trick!!!

No 'tis for a good cause.

GET UP ON YOUR ASSES AND STOP SPENDING OUR HUNDREDS A MONTH ON PR000000G CDS AND SIGN THAT PETITION!

Jus' Kiddin', but yea... Sign it.

Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 17:18

I signed it.

SonicTemple View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 17:29
done!!
Fire Woman, your to blame!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 17:30

Ow our favourite Lady's singing in London Now...

King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 18:28

PINK FLOYD!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes it was so awesome.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 19:02

Ow yeah...... David was awesome!!!!

Ow and btw what did they play first? I was late... I was watching from the begining of "Money"...

Edited by Ed_The_Dead
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 19:13
Breathe
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 19:17
I must state my unequivocal objection to this posting.  Dream Theater is in no way the best prog band.  And just in case someone may think otherwise, I have actually read the posts in here.  Just my attempt to use humor to voice my disagreement.
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 07:30

“WE BELIEVE that in the best American tradition of helping others help themselves, now is the time to join with other countries in a historic pact for compassion and justice to help the poorest people of the world overcome AIDS and extreme poverty. WE RECOGNIZE that a pact including such measures as fair trade, debt relief, fighting corruption and directing additional resources for basic needs – education, health, clean water, food, and care for orphans – would transform the futures and hopes of an entire generation in the poorest countries, at a cost equal to just one percent more of the US budget. WE COMMIT ourselves - one person, one voice, one vote at a time - to make a better, safer world for all.”

Why do we need to sign this declaration? I am already committing myself to making a better, safer world. You know how? By not fighting. BTW this declaration is written to Americans only... why? A bit strange...

Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 07:35
Originally posted by Joren Joren wrote:

“WE BELIEVE that in the best American tradition of helping others help themselves, now is the time to join with other countries in a historic pact for compassion and justice to help the poorest people of the world overcome AIDS and extreme poverty. WE RECOGNIZE that a pact including such measures as fair trade, debt relief, fighting corruption and directing additional resources for basic needs – education, health, clean water, food, and care for orphans – would transform the futures and hopes of an entire generation in the poorest countries, at a cost equal to just one percent more of the US budget. WE COMMIT ourselves - one person, one voice, one vote at a time - to make a better, safer world for all.”

Why do we need to sign this declaration? I am already committing myself to making a better, safer world. You know how? By not fighting.

Nice one Joren,that'll really help to put food on the tables of Africa!

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 07:37

The single reason why the african people are so poor and so many children are dying each second, is the absence of birth control. As long as the people there continue to have so many children while KNOWING that they have little chances of surviving, the poverty and misery will not subside.

That is my opinion, and I stand by it.

sideways View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 07:47
How about an effective organization or effort to get our homeless off the streets, fed, and given the medical treatment they need.
"Who would wish this on our people?..And proclaim that his will be done" Sacrificed Sons - Dream Theater
boo boo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 07:48
done. =)
sideways View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 07:58

Originally posted by boo boo boo boo wrote:

done. =)

you Da Man!!!!

"Who would wish this on our people?..And proclaim that his will be done" Sacrificed Sons - Dream Theater
Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 08:13
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Originally posted by Joren Joren wrote:

Why do we need to sign this declaration? I am already committing myself to making a better, safer world. You know how? By not fighting.

Nice one Joren,that'll really help to put food on the tables of Africa!

I'm sorry if I sounded like an asshole there. But what I'm trying to say is: how can signing this petition help to put food on the tables of Africa? Is this what they are going to present to the leaders at the G8. If so, I am certainly willing to sign. The goal of the petition was not clear.

EDIT I just realized that I didn΄t read the trest of the website thoroughly...  I just signed.

I still don΄t understand why the declaration is only talking about the U.S. though... Could someone explain

Edited by Joren
barbs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 09:45

Done - good idea KoL

Joren
Do a search for 8live and you will get other sites to sign for other countries as well. Tony Blair has been one of the few leaders to actually support this concept so I think Britain will stand behind it. The US however is the country with byfar the greatest amount of wealth to give. If the world was only 100 people, 6 would own 61% of the world and they would all come from the US.
Eternity
barbs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 09:58
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

The single reason why the african people are so poor and so many children are dying each second, is the absence of birth control. As long as the people there continue to have so many children while KNOWING that they have little chances of surviving, the poverty and misery will not subside.

Mike, I appreciate why you might say that, however, that does not take into account the incredible mismanagent of funds in some of those countries. There has been over a trillion dollars of aid to Africa in the last 20 years and unfortunately because of corruption and cronism the people who should have benefited from it most quite often didn't get to see it.

The  reality is that there should be a concerted effort on not just an economic front but a political will for govt for the people by the people with integrity within govt and an honest agenda for social change to work on Aids and birth control (as you suggest) to provide health, education and economic security including proper resource management (they are still fighting in Nigeria over oil rights) and each country be assesed for potential for industry and viable job creation. But the first thing they need is fresh water and food in their stomachs.

Eternity
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 10:10
Originally posted by barbs barbs wrote:

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

Mike, I appreciate why you might say that, however, that does not take into account the incredible mismanagent of funds in some of those countries. There has been over a trillion dollars of aid to Africa in the last 20 years and unfortunately because of corruption and cronism the people who should have benefited from it most quite often didn't get to see it.

The  reality is that there should be a concerted effort on not just an economic front but a political will for govt for the people by the people with integrity within govt and an honest agenda for social change to work on Aids and birth control (as you suggest) to provide health, education and economic security including proper resource management (they are still fighting in Nigeria over oil rights) and each country be assesed for potential for industry and viable job creation. But the first thing they need is fresh water and food in their stomachs.

All you're saying is true. I just think that all attempts to really change the situation will fail until the underlying problem is solved. If all the problems that you mentioned were solved, Africa would still be a poor continent, because there simply are way too many people living there, compared to their natural resources.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>