Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarpet Crawlers Live in Liverpool 28th Jan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet Crawlers Live in Liverpool 28th Jan
    Posted: January 09 2012 at 13:48
Hi peeps!

Just to let you know The Carpet Crawlers will be performing a 'home' gig at the O2 Academy Liverpool on Saturday January 28th.

It is our first show back since we came off our recent European tour and the band is sounding better than ever!

We will be performing our usual mammoth show of around 3 hours covering a huge chunk of Gabriel era material complete with full costumes and THREE 12-string guitars! ;)

And after a short break covering the Collins era with all the classics and some surprises and the usual double drumkits and our biggest lightshow to date.

Here's a rough clip from our last show at De Boerderij in October, not great quality but you get the idea.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75rS6lw ... re=mh_lolz (Suppers Ready Pt1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KAZgYCp ... re=related (Suppers Ready Pt 2)

It'd be great to see some of you guys there and if there's anyone fancies travelling over, either from across the UK or even overseas, we have a special rate with The Holiday Inn Hotel Liverpool City centre which is 2 minutes from the venue and right in the middle for all the usual tourist attractions, so if you're interested you can contact me on bri @ carpetcrawlers . com (without the spaces of course!)

Take care and hope to see you soon!

Brian.

www.carpetcrawlers.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWj4PpjA1lc
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 14:08
I wish you all the best, and certainly no ill whatsoever, but that clip of Suppers Ready, to me, epitomised all that is wrong with this fad for tribute bands.

It's not the quality of the recording that's poor (although it is ropey), it's the fact that the last section of Supper's Ready is supposed to be an emotion packed, deeply personal, heart wrenching, and explosive testimony, not a bloody singalong.

If Gabriel were dead, he would be spinning in his grave. As it is, I prefer to have the memory of seeing him play it live, and also my Genesis recordings to keep me going. The real thing, in other words.

SorryUnhappy
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 14:37
Difficult to judge the quality of that interpretation with this poor sound. I think they did a good job pretty faithful to the original althought no singer can replace Gabriel's voice.
 Post Reply Post Reply