Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 07:50
^Should have said Cup title.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 19:43
Season final this weekend. Forcast is to rain all day Sunday, though it should be dry for qualy. A good thing too as it seems the hard tyres don't like the hot tempretures, they're overheating into oblivion after only a handful of laps on all cars. Hamilton was fastest in practice ahead of Vettel, though it looks like the Ferrari's are bang on the pace this weekend, they seem to like bumby old tracks more than Tilkedromes.

Sauber anounced Esteban Gutierrez as their second driver for next year today, sadly that pretty much means that Kobayashi wont be on the grid next year, and it's looking like Kovalainen will join him.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 22:18
Damn, that is very sad. But F1 is brutal...

Well, a rainy race could provide the potential chaos needed for an upset.
Maybe its just my fandom but I expect Alonso to win this weekend. Which of course is not enough for the title on its own but if Vettel gets squirrely in the rain...

Edited by JJLehto - November 23 2012 at 22:18
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2012 at 23:21
I must admit, I like the name, but have never heard of him. Has Gut been successful in gp2 or similar other series'??

Sucks for Kam though. Heard on F1 debrief that Pic is going to Caterham replacing everyones other favorite finn, and Senna has no ride atm (I want to say they said a rookie was taking the spot...but I was still catching up on the Pic/Kov news Embarrassed)

Rain would certainly make it interesting! Looking forward to it either way.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 10:13
Wow, I had no idea SPEED was no longer gunna be carrying F1 after this year Cry
Very sad.

Well, glad it went to NBC at least. My first thought was Fox Angry I liked the announcers and the coverage was good, hope NBC keeps all the post race stuff. I know many times on Fox the race would end and they'd blow over the post race to go to whatever sh*t they had up next...like "Mom is 57 looks 27!" or, even worse Fox News!

Oh! And farwell Michael Schumacher, again, for real.
Almost forgot this would be his final race, the second half of his season has gone so poorly.
If Wikipedia is true...sounds like his heart just isn't in it anymore. Surprising, he was always so dedicated, guess after all this time even he no longer wants to do it.

Edited by JJLehto - November 24 2012 at 10:14
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 14:14
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

I must admit, I like the name, but have never heard of him. Has Gut been successful in gp2 or similar other series'??

Sucks for Kam though. Heard on F1 debrief that Pic is going to Caterham replacing everyones other favorite finn, and Senna has no ride atm (I want to say they said a rookie was taking the spot...but I was still catching up on the Pic/Kov news Embarrassed)

Rain would certainly make it interesting! Looking forward to it either way.

Esteban was a race winner in F3, the first GP3 champion and finished third for ART/Lotus in GP2 this year. He's quick but a little inconsistent, to be honest the only reason he finished ahead of his rookie team mate this year was because James Calado was suffering from severe food poisoning at the series final in Singapour.

Pic is indeed on his way to Caterham on what is thought to be a multi year deal, he'll most likely be replaced at Marussia by Max Chilton who finished 4th in GP2 this year. It's not set that Kovy is on his way out but his best chance lies in the team securing 10th in the championship again this year, so they hav eto finish 12th or higher tomorrow ahead of the Marussia or HRT's for that to happen. If it's a wet race then it's possible, but if doesn't happen then he's probably gone.

Great qualy, half a tenth between the McLaren drivers, looks like Alonso is beting on a wet race. 

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 14:20
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Wow, I had no idea SPEED was no longer gunna be carrying F1 after this year Cry
Very sad.

Well, glad it went to NBC at least. My first thought was Fox Angry I liked the announcers and the coverage was good, hope NBC keeps all the post race stuff. I know many times on Fox the race would end and they'd blow over the post race to go to whatever sh*t they had up next...like "Mom is 57 looks 27!" or, even worse Fox News!

Oh! And farwell Michael Schumacher, again, for real.
Almost forgot this would be his final race, the second half of his season has gone so poorly.
If Wikipedia is true...sounds like his heart just isn't in it anymore. Surprising, he was always so dedicated, guess after all this time even he no longer wants to do it.

I postedabout the NBC anouncement a couple months ago, keep up!Wink

From what I gather Schumy was undecided, he liked the idea of racing on but not with another dog of a car. The problem is that he's no longer the undisputed king of F1, he's just another competent driver and Merc got tired of waiting so signed Hamilton who is a great driver, making Schumy's decision for him.

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 14:33
And Alonso's already gained a place for tomorrow. Maldonado missed the weigh bridge in qualy (thought I saw him run a red light with an official pointing at the first garage) and received a reprimand. This being his 3rd of the year means that he gets a 10 place grid drop so will start 16th.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 15:45
Keep up? Pffft I forget PA exists from time to time.
Those are beautiful and wonderful times btw

I was always a believer in everyone racing for their best. So glad to see McLaren didn't take it easy and hope they don't in the race. Spoiler or not if Hamilton races the best, its up to others to beat him! No one should have to move over for the title contenders.

Though it will pretty much eliminate any hope for Alonso if McLaren hold the top 2 but eh...he already has a long shot.
I may finally watch the Senna movie tonight to prepare for Brazil and the season finale.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 18:03

I may finally watch the Senna movie tonight to prepare for Brazil and the season finale.
Dude, I've had that in my Netflix queue for the longest time.  It might be time for me to watch it, too.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 18:05
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

Dude, I've had that in my Netflix queue for the longest time.  It might be time for me to watch it, too.

Neither of you will regret it, such a great film.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 23:25
Same,  I thought my Netflix may go away. When I got my PS3 it was just on there, no idea why. Maybe a free trial? But its been months and is still going, and I havn't paid for itLOL
It was a used system, I think someone never took their Netflix off it, I'll consider it a gift!

Gunna check it out now.

I wont update till much later, going right to a handegg game after the race.
Go Alonso! May the racing gods rain fortune upon you.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 10:05
OH sh*t

though of course he's fine.
Vettel could drive into a wall and somehow be unscathed
Edit: Hamilton showing McLaren what they're missing? I think Hulkenberg is showing McLaren what they are missing! What a move to take the lead.

Edited by JJLehto - November 25 2012 at 10:31
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 11:24
Is it terrible I am mildly happy Hami's last race at McLaren ends like this?
I used to love him, I really did, but god he's become such a smug t**t

Oh Hulk no idea what he was thinking...well this is huge huge news for Alonso! 

Edited by JJLehto - November 25 2012 at 11:25
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 11:56
Wow! What a finale. Congrats to vettel, he wasn't the most consistent driver but yet again he did what was needed. Helluva hot streak when it mattered most. sad end to Schumacher's career. Here's to 2013!
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 12:42
What a race, congrats to Vettel on becoming the youngest ever triple champion. Amazong racing though, especially from Hulk who I dont think deserved that penalty, the move was definitely on and it was only as they reached the wetter part further into the braking zone that he started sliding.

Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 12:56

Exciting race! I have to admit feeling sorry for Alonso, when you take into consideration the competitiveness of the car he has been driving I think he was the best driver this season but OK, a title is won not only by the driver but as a driver + car + team (+ luck), so congrats to Vettel.

Shame that such a great drive by Hulkenberg ended in such an unlucky way, he had the position well gained, but as we saw all along the race sliding the rear was so easy out there.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 13:46
Excellent race and end to the very exciting 2012 season.  One of the better seasons in recent years, definitely.  And I'm thrilled that Button ended the season with a fairly dominant win.  Couple that with Jeff Gordon winning the Sprint Cup finale at Homestead and I'm pretty damn happy right now.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 17:55
^Jeff certainly made up for the previous race.

Also, Robert Kubica was in action this weekend as well in the Rally du Var, a French national rally thats often used as a warm up for the Monte. He was leading by 5 minutes from Freddy Loix, an ex Mitsubishi and Peageot works driver, when he crashed on the penultimate stage. I get the feeling that he may want to switch to rallying full time in the future.

Edited by sleeper - November 25 2012 at 17:57

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2012 at 03:30
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

^Jeff certainly made up for the previous race.

Also, Robert Kubica was in action this weekend as well in the Rally du Var, a French national rally thats often used as a warm up for the Monte. He was leading by 5 minutes from Freddy Loix, an ex Mitsubishi and Peageot works driver, when he crashed on the penultimate stage. I get the feeling that he may want to switch to rallying full time in the future.

Good to hear he is back in a car! Of course I'd like to see him back in F1, but as long as he is doing something that is a victory in itself.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 37383940>