Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecommend some Styx Please!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 02:20
I like Styx. I don't love them but I do like them. The Grand Illusion is their only album I have though.
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 09:52
everything from 72-78 i call prog rock
pjt View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 17:33
Now there's one album that nobody is likely to recommend, and that's Kilroy was Here. It's rather far from being a prog masterpiece, but I still love it. I thnk the 2.06 it got is rather harsh, to me it's closer to 3. I love Mr. Roboto for being a very good prog pop song, High Time is also a good song, and Heavy Metal Poisoning is just mad. Just Get Through This Night is the closest thing to prog, in a rather 80's pop with traces of prog style.
All in all, with an open mind, it's rather nice to listen to it, especially after a real prog concept album's crushing weight.

Edited by pjt - August 15 2013 at 17:34
4 8 15 16 23 42
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 00:22
Originally posted by pjt pjt wrote:

Now there's one album that nobody is likely to recommend, and that's Kilroy was Here. It's rather far from being a prog masterpiece, but I still love it. I thnk the 2.06 it got is rather harsh, to me it's closer to 3. I love Mr. Roboto for being a very good prog pop song, High Time is also a good song, and Heavy Metal Poisoning is just mad. Just Get Through This Night is the closest thing to prog, in a rather 80's pop with traces of prog style.
All in all, with an open mind, it's rather nice to listen to it, especially after a real prog concept album's crushing weight.

'Don't Let It End' is miles better than 'Babe'.  And I gave Kilroy a 2 star review coz I thought I'd be banished from the archives if I gave it a 3 Embarrassed..........       A 'guilty pleasure' you may call it, although I think the horn arrangement in 'High Time' is dopey........... oh, I just remembered something - the last 30 secs or so of 'Cold War' reminds me of 'Planets' era Eloy.

Edited by Tom Ozric - August 18 2013 at 02:48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12