Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Professor Anthony Moore for RIO/Crossover/Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProfessor Anthony Moore for RIO/Crossover/Related

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professor Anthony Moore for RIO/Crossover/Related
    Posted: February 11 2012 at 17:09
I must admit I'm surprised not to find Anthony Moore in a progressive rock archive. I've only got and heard one of his solo albums (Flying Doesn't Help) which is a great listen, reminding me a little of The Work with it's post-punky RIO vibe. For me it would fit at the crossover end of RIO. However, as I've confessed, I don't know all of his solo work. Web-sites consistently refer to his work as progressive though.

Here's a link for those that don't know him - http://music.yahoo.com/anthony-moore/albums/flying-doesnt-help--115921

If Anthony Moore is not considered RIO enough, could he be considered him for Crossver? If not (I'm trying to cover all basis here) how about Prog Related? His bio can be found on Wiki so I won't replicate it here (and you probably know of him anyway), but this is a link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Moore . Needless to say, his work with Slapp Happy, Henry Cow and connections to Faust alongside his solo endeavours place him as an important character within the progressive rock universe. Add to this his writing credits with Pink Floyd, work with Kevin Ayers and, well ... simply being married to Dagmar Krause should get him all the votes he needs Wink

Personally I think he would fit in RIO (listen to a track like War (or any others really)), but I'll wait to be shot down Cry

Edited by Bosh66 - February 11 2012 at 17:12
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 18:32
Any more samples? Yahoo music seems to be derping hard and won't play for me.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 02:17
Yep, just realised he's got a Last FM page -

I'd suggested RIO as a category given his background and the fact that you still hear some of the RIO sound in his solo work. Arguably this is more art rock with a pop reference and crossover could be more suitable.

His Flying Doesn't Help album by the way was issued under the pseudonym  A. More.

Ta.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 22:26
Listening to "Out" now... definitely more fit for Crossover than RIO by far. I'll alert the team.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 05:50
Agreed Andy. Thanks!
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2015 at 13:24
so what happened?not yet added?when the right time comes guys?
 Post Reply Post Reply