Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMagenta - unique UK gigs 30th and 31st March

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magenta - unique UK gigs 30th and 31st March
    Posted: March 27 2012 at 13:05

The Factory in Porth - Friday 30th March. Doors 7pm, band onstage at 7.30pm

Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk

Montgomery Hall in Wath upon Dearne - Saturday 31st March Doors 6.30pm, band onstage at 7pm

Tickets: www.classicrocksociety.co.uk

We’re all very excited about the upcoming gigs as they are going to be very special and unique performances for us that are unlikely ever to be repeated. In the second half of the evening we’ll be performing a full Magenta set featuring songs from Revolutions to Chameleon. However we'll be opening the evening with some very special performances from the Magenta family.

The evening kicks off with a set of songs from Rob Reed's first prog project Cyan.

“I’d written some of these songs when I was still in school and eventually got to release them under the Cyan umbrella some twenty years ago, but never got to play them live” explains Rob. “To finally get to perform them after all these years is going to be a very special experience for me and also for the select group of fans who have been with me since the early days".

Chris Fry adds “Cyan is where the Magenta story started for me back in the late nineties when Rob asked me to play on his ‘The Creeping Vine’ album. To finally get to play some of these songs live is going to be a big thrill for me."

After the Cyan set there will be some songs from Rob’s ChimpanA album.

“If you haven’t heard the ChimpanA album, you’re really missing out on something special. We never got to play the album live, so to perform some tracks for you is going to be very exciting to say the least”, says Rob.

Next will see several songs played from Christina’s "Broken Lives and Bleeding Hearts" album.

“These two gigs are going to be very special to me because it's a rare chance for me to perform some of my solo album. Performing it in front of our home crowd at both Porth and for the CRS will make it extra special.” says Christina.

“These are great songs," says Rob "and they’ll be a pleasure and a relief to play amongst all the prog madness.”

Following a short break Chris Fry will mark the release of his long-awaited debut album  "Composed", with a set of songs from the album alongside his brother Dan.

“As many of you will be aware, my solo album has been a long time coming, but I hope you’ll agree it has been worth the wait. It's been great to record the album alongside Dan and then to get to play it with him is going to be a huge thrill."

To mark the release of "Composed", Chris will be available at both gigs to sign copies of the album.

More information, including a Youtube album sampler, can be found at www.chrisfry.co.uk

or you can also pre-order at www.magentashopfront.com/page6.htm

See you all soon.

Magenta

www.magenta-web.com

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 13:07
That Porth one isn't too far away but it's kinda late for me to think about going now.

Hmm...maybe
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 13:10
Now if I had known about this earlierUnhappy
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 15:09
Magenta are great live. Chris Fry especially is fantastic. Please go and see them!
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 21:21
Too bad I'm in Canada I would love to see this gig!!
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:03
Its true.  The Chimpan A album is something special. Who's gonna sing the Steve Balsamo parts?
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
 Post Reply Post Reply