Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 3 favorite Iron Maiden albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which one do you like the best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [49.18%]
21 [34.43%]
8 [13.11%]
2 [3.28%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2012 at 10:22
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by far.
Iván

I'm with IVAN in this one.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Earthmover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earthmover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2012 at 12:38
Seventh Son, if only for the title track.
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2012 at 23:08
7th Son
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2012 at 23:18
7th son is Maidens best overall album. It is not their most advanced work musically, but it just sounds feakin fantastic. From the moment I hear the intro to MOONCHILD I'm transported into 7th heaven. Its a beast. I give it a 5/5
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2012 at 23:26
I'd have to go with Powerslave out of these 3 Headbanger
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 00:08
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

An excellent choice as well. Terrific album. Best album cover too. My favourite
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 03:15
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

In reality, there's 3 quality Maiden albums here to choose from, but hats off to 'THE X FACTOR' - my true favourite Maiden album ever........yeah, I know it's Blayze............
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 03:22
If all of Powerslave was as mindblowing as the two opening and closing tracks it would very possibly be my all time favourite album or very close. But something like Back  in the Village for example doesn't belong on a five star masterpiece. I prefer Seventh Son and BNW for the more consistent brilliance, Seventh Son is my favourite, followed closely by Somewhere in Time and BNW.
The Jester View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 04:29
None of the above.
My most beloved are the 3 first ones.
The 2 with Paul Di Anno, and the first with Dickinson.
But 4th comes Powerslave, so if I have to choose from this list, Powerslave it is! Smile
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)
HarbouringTheSoul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarbouringTheSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 09:56
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It has its weaknesses, but it remains one of my Maiden favorites. The opening salvo of "Moonchild" and "Infinite Dreams" is pretty much unbeatable (although "Where Eagles Dare" and "Revelations" equal it). On Powerslave, I love "Aces High", the title track and of course "Rime of the Ancient Mariner". The rest is all quite good, but doesn't compare. Brave New World is an immense disappointment. I like "Ghost of the Navigator", but otherwise I hear an album sorely lacking in energy, melodies and good riffs but with an excess supply of ludicrous one-sentence choruses (which, granted, also mars the title track of Seventh Son).

My personal favorite of all Maiden albums is probably Piece of Mind.

Edited by HarbouringTheSoul - November 07 2012 at 09:56
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 01:47

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

In reality, there's 3 quality Maiden albums here to choose from, but hats off to 'THE X FACTOR' - my true favourite Maiden album ever........yeah, I know it's Blayze............

Listen, I'm an X Factor fan as well. That album is very understated indeed. Does not get the respect it deserves. Dave Murray is fantastic on that album. My favourite performance from him. :)
Cthulhu42 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cthulhu42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2012 at 06:59
This is a tough one; I like all three of these fairly equally.

My own favourite Iron Maiden album would probably be Number of the Beast though.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 05:13
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
addictedtoprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addictedtoprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 05:28
Powerslave
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 05:52
Very amusing - this poll has been resurrected and every time I see it I immediately jump in excitement and proclaim THE X FACTOR. I love Maiden with all my heart, and indeed Bruce is far and away more superior beyond Blaze's aspirations, but The X Factor really 'speaks to me' in all its dark and doomy atmosphere..............it would never be the same with Bruce. The X Factor all the way............
And I can't wait to catch them live in May..................
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 13:06
I love all of these, but Powerslave is probably my favorite.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 18:45

Very amusing - this poll has been resurrected and every time I see it I immediately jump in excitement and proclaim THE X FACTOR. I love Maiden with all my heart, and indeed Bruce is far and away more superior beyond Blaze's aspirations, but The X Factor really 'speaks to me' in all its dark and doomy atmosphere..............it would never be the same with Bruce. The X Factor all the way............
And I can't wait to catch them live in May..................

Way to go Tom. Now you got me spinning X's today.
Such a great album. Enjoy them in concert. I'm seeing them April 3rd. Gotta a good seat too. :)
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 05:41
Brave New World is actually my favorite Iron Maiden album, just edging out Number of the Beast and Final Frontier.
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 05:57
As good as Number is, I can't help but think it's quite overrated - commercial even, but it is certainly excellent no doubt. Clive Burr totally nails it.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 06:01

As good as Number is, I can't help but think it's quite overrated - commercial even, but it is certainly excellent no doubt. Clive Burr totally nails it.

For 1982 it was not commercial, in fact it was quite ground-breaking.

some of their recent work has become overrated IMO - Dance of Death and The Final Frontier. They're nothing special if you ask me but boy, they got rave reviews.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>