Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nocturne in D Fart Major: lewd bass sounds in prog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNocturne in D Fart Major: lewd bass sounds in prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 14:57
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

The problem is ... will people listen to it and compare and appreciate good/bad/indifferent things out there?

Because there is some bass playing out there that is above and beyond reproach ... but I seriously doubt that we are even thinking of folks that play the Stick, or folks that experiment, and folks that told the bass to get screwed!

Thanks moshy

Edited by Triceratopsoil - February 16 2014 at 22:49
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 16:34
hipster jazz, etc.

The problem is ... will people listen to it and compare and appreciate good/bad/indifferent things out there?

Because there is some bass playing out there that is above and beyond reproach ... but I seriously doubt that we are even thinking of folks that play the Stick, or folks that experiment, and folks that told the bass to get screwed!
As always, moshkito's post is incomprehensible yet somehow also deeply profound.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 16:36
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

hipster jazz, etc.

As always, moshkito's post is incomprehensible yet somehow also deeply profound.

sounds like a prophet to me!
There be dragons
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 16:49
Maybe Eliyahu Hanavi.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 12:09
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

hipster jazz, etc.

Who's the greater fool? ... the one that supposes or assumes, or the one that did not ask?

It wasn't meant to be imcomprehensible. I just did not want to say something about any specific band ... I can not honestly say that there are no disgusting bass players out there any more than excellent bass players, although I do have a preference for the bass in some musics as opposed to most rock'n'roll idioms, where, it is generally boring!

Someday we might have someone listen to David Darling and Terje Rypdal in Eos ... very simple bass, with some effects and too pretty to be enjoyed here. I like the bass in Carmen, which was John Glascock, just before he was stolen by Jethro Tull, which brought Carmen to an end. I think the bass in AD2 is the most unusual of all music's out there. Holger Czukay's first 2 solo albums are phenomenal with bass on bass on bass on bass with sound effects weirdness and basses soloing on top of basses soloing and then more basses ... and on one of the next albums he has a fun time with Jah Wabble doing some bass crazy stuff.

But then, if you like trully disgusting but great fun bass sounds, you have not heard Bootsie! ... or you are in dire need of a serious dose of Maggot Brains!

But none of you are ever going to listen to any of those suggestions ... otherwise you would have something else to say other than boring and useless posting!

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 12:52

But then, if you like trully disgusting but great fun bass sounds, you have not heard Bootsie! ... or you are in dire need of a serious dose of Maggot Brains!

This logic is flawed at best.

Who's the greater fool?

if you have to ask, it's you.

Now please, can you make your own blog thread if you want to spew incoherent gibberish, and leave mine alone?
The Neck Romancer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 14:00
Hi,

Wow ... I, at least, had the consideration to read each paragraph in detail ... and make an effort to add to it ...

Sorry to hear, that even what someone from the very area, site, and work, was quoted, and you specified that he is invalid to the discussion when it was brought up on the same paragraph, and I merely tried to clear it up because what it said was nebulous and unclear, and not meaningful whatsoever.

AND it was no less than an idea, than what I wrote ... !!!

I'm just sad that you have to turn this into personal stuff, and never read what is being stated ... and see if there is any merit to it ... but that's ok ... I know when I'm not wanted and people like you don't give a sh*t anyway!

Thanks ... and you are welcome to remove this thread ... since there is not enough intelligence to read it and discuss it and a quotidian study of the genre and ideas is nto something that you accept as valuable and important!!

Don't bother replying Dean ... I'm not logging in again to this site ... it's a waste of time amidst people that don't believe a world exists, and that anyone else could possibly have a different opinion!

Good night!
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 19:34
Led Bib are cool.

Moshkito what the f**k are you talking about? You've always been slightly insane but now you seem to have fully lost it. I won't mock as it is a genuine possibility that you have full on Dementia
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 04:31
Mentioned before, i wouldn't call it disgusting but definitely heavy weighted, here is primus.

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 08:55
Originally posted by Lima96 Lima96 wrote:

Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

Originally posted by colorofmoney91 colorofmoney91 wrote:

Mother of god. I approve of this blog.
And by the way... some ugly bass lines:

Yeah, that bass takes the biscuit. It's all over the place though I had to laugh as soon as this started my wife jumped out of her chair and the cat went flying! LOL!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 13:19
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

Mentioned before, i wouldn't call it disgusting but definitely heavy weighted, here is primus.

Primus was among the first bands I loved
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 14:28
^^ They were too one of my earliest. Started out with Frizzle Fry who knocked my ass down!! Beer
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 14:32
My first was Antipop, and then Sea of Cheese (which I liked a lot more than Antipop back then).  Now my favourite is The Brown Album, which coincidentally has probably their nastiest production Heart
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 14:42
I like the brown album, and like you said has the nastiest production, BUT in a negative way. The drums are recorded in distortion, and i'm sad to say it ruins the album. I have always wondered if that was on purpose or just a big f**k up?!

Edited by sagichim - April 07 2012 at 14:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 15:16
I personally find the effect pleasing.  I think it was on purpose
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 15:23
Well yeah, i'm sure it was on purpose, no way their recording engineer would miss that. Anyway it's my least fav by them.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 13:38
EPISODE 2: Russian Circles' Geneva

Today's episode is brought to you by Moshkito, who loves metal.

With each release, Russian Circles has gotten dirtier, denser, and waller of sound.  Geneva is a sadly underlooked album of theirs, featuring a striking blend of crushingly heavy distorted guitar, bass and drums, and smooth posty ambiance.  The ridiculously low and loud bass absolutely grinds.  At times it sounds slick, like a string section, and at other times it's closer to a low-flying Boeing.
I could have just as easily gone with their most recent effort, Empros (which by the way is magnificent), but figured Geneva was a better culmination of the ugliness they had been starting to hint at with Station.  Enjoy.

Sorry Youtube's quality blows, I didn't feel like uploading a better copy than this guy's video.

Until next week, don't forget to JUMBARUMBADUMGHSGD

Edited by Triceratopsoil - April 10 2012 at 13:40
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 13:51
Oh yeah.... a bass with distortion is outrageous, a bass with distortion and fuzz is a bliss.
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 15:36
Is SZEWP some kind of onomatopoeia? 

Anyway, Empros is awesome and I listen to it frequently, and Russian Circles is becoming one of the 2-3 post-metal bands I ever want to listen to. After hearing your posted track, I now know I should check out Geneva. I love that rattling bass in the repetitive middle section of the song, and the ending actually does sound like a Boeing.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 16:11
I will assume that SZEWP stands for: Sounds Zealots Emasculate Warr Products.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>