FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMetropolis pt. 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metropolis pt. 2
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 00:58

Does anyone know where i hear or could find information on Dream Theater's - Metropolis Pt. 2?

After Falling Into Infinity, DT fans where asking and demanding for a sequal to the cleverly named Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper, which is on their great early release - Images and Words. DT decided that they would write a sequal, in attempts to create another long "Change of Seasons" type of song. During these tours, DT performed the song Metropolis Pt. 2. When the record company asked DT for another record, they wanted to do a double LP, but they were rejected. Searching for a new idea for the next record, DT decided they would expand Metropolis Pt. 2 into a full length concept album, which became Scenes From A Memory.

So i ask again, does anyone know where i can find a recording or information of this limited song "Metropolis Pt. 2"?

Strangers passing in the street by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me. And do I take you by the hand and lead you through the land and help me understand the best I can
The Letter M View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 01:17
Only Portnoy would have it, because, AFAIK, it's not been officially released, if the actual song was ever recorded properly and not in parts.

-Marc.
I know what I like and I like what I know. I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will. If I die tomorrow, I`d be alright because I believe that after we`re gone, the spirit carries on.
SirPsycho388 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 02:08
I think the song may have only appeared live.
Strangers passing in the street by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me. And do I take you by the hand and lead you through the land and help me understand the best I can
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 02:52
I guess it's very close to Dance Of Eternity ... for me, that song is Metropolis Pt.2.
Valarius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 03:26
Ask Mike.
 Post Reply Post Reply