This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 08:42
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by frippism frippism wrote:

Well the only thing I can say is that Israelis don't seem to follow these laws... right now it is the implementation of these laws that is going on- we're not really good at that. 

I would say you're metaphor's rather extreme, but it's specific to where I am, not as much to where you are. The point is that people smoke in closed public spaces, constantly, and in public places in general.
Then you have a problem with law enforcement in your country, not with smokers that visit this website. Everywhere I have been that has a smoking ban it is strictly enforced, even in countries like France and Italy - so my perspective is not so much of where I am but everywhere I've been.

^when i used to live there they smoked in the hospitals. I couldn't believe it.!Confused
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 08:45
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Well the only thing I can say is that Israelis don't seem to follow these laws... right now it is the implementation of these laws that is going on- we're not really good at that. 

I would say you're metaphor's rather extreme, but it's specific to where I am, not as much to where you are. The point is that people smoke in closed public spaces, constantly, and in public places in general.
Then you have a problem with law enforcement in your country, not with smokers that visit this website. Everywhere I have been that has a smoking ban it is strictly enforced, even in countries like France and Italy - so my perspective is not so much of where I am but everywhere I've been.

^when i used to live there they smoked in the hospitals. I couldn't believe it.!Confused

yeah it's gotten better LOL, at least they don't smoke in hospitals anymore. But yeah ciggs are everywhere. 
There be dragons
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 08:49

yeah it's gotten better LOL, at least they don't smoke in hospitals anymore. But yeah ciggs are everywhere. 
...in Israel. They are not "everywhere".
What?
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 08:54

No, I don't smoke. I called it a day almost 10 years ago.

frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 09:00

...in Israel. They are not "everywhere".

yeah that's what I mean!
There be dragons
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 09:10

Originally posted by tamijo tamijo wrote:

Im not in doubt that you dont like it, that was clear.
But the question is, is it my problem, that you got this neurosis, beliving a little cigarette smoke, might be a real danger to your helth.
You may be the kind of person, avoiding any kind of risk, not using cemical soap, never driving cars, only eating
biodynamic food, using only biodynamic cloths ect.
In that case, you are generally paranoid, sad story.
You may also be the person, doing everything as most people do, in that case, Your problem is a tobacco neurosis.

In any case, its your problem, not mine.
We are all gonna die, smoking or no smoking, and we are ganna have a lot more fun, if we allow each other a little space, and some respect.

Im fine with smoking outside, but im sick of this "perfect world", constantly trying to force everyone to be the same.  

Why do you think I'm enforcing everybody to be the same? There's a reason why I support something like gay marriage and oppose public smoking. Gay marriage doesn't affect me directly in any way, I'm just allowing more freedom to other people, without getting any actual physical damage. 

Smoking doesn't have any benefit to anyone- in any physical way. Cars take from one place to another, cellphones can save lives, and connect people, and bad food is another story altogether. Cigarettes, are just bad- there's nothing real about them that's good, nothing that benefits you. The social pan of smoking is again- another story.

As I've stated before, I don't really think the minimal exposition I have to cigarette is what will kill me. I do say, that public spaces, particularly closed public spaces- the amount of cigarette smoke I have to inhale is disgusting- and when it's too much does hamper my current health (not saying it gives me cancer, just makes me nauseous). It also smells bad and makes me and everyone around me smell like sh*t. Is that fair to me?

Basicly im not sure we disagree, smoking is not great for anything but the pleasure of smoking, we agree.
Smokers should not be allowed to smoke in planes, busses, resturant, hospital, we agree.

What i dont understand is why make a fuzz about it, just because i hate the smell of heavy parfumes, im not all over the place about it, i just pull off a bit some times.

On a side note i dont know why smokers, should not be allowed to run, smokers bars. Its just like with other theme bars (Gay - S/M - Soda only - ect., if you dont like it, dont go there.
Seen from a helth view, you should not go to Bars at all, risks a all over those places. 

Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 09:21

Im not in doubt that you dont like it, that was clear.
But the question is, is it my problem, that you got this neurosis, beliving a little cigarette smoke, might be a real danger to your helth.
You may be the kind of person, avoiding any kind of risk, not using cemical soap, never driving cars, only eating
biodynamic food, using only biodynamic cloths ect.
In that case, you are generally paranoid, sad story.
You may also be the person, doing everything as most people do, in that case, Your problem is a tobacco neurosis.

In any case, its your problem, not mine.
We are all gonna die, smoking or no smoking, and we are ganna have a lot more fun, if we allow each other a little space, and some respect.

Im fine with smoking outside, but im sick of this "perfect world", constantly trying to force everyone to be the same.  

Why do you think I'm enforcing everybody to be the same? There's a reason why I support something like gay marriage and oppose public smoking. Gay marriage doesn't affect me directly in any way, I'm just allowing more freedom to other people, without getting any actual physical damage. 

Smoking doesn't have any benefit to anyone- in any physical way. Cars take from one place to another, cellphones can save lives, and connect people, and bad food is another story altogether. Cigarettes, are just bad- there's nothing real about them that's good, nothing that benefits you. The social pan of smoking is again- another story.

As I've stated before, I don't really think the minimal exposition I have to cigarette is what will kill me. I do say, that public spaces, particularly closed public spaces- the amount of cigarette smoke I have to inhale is disgusting- and when it's too much does hamper my current health (not saying it gives me cancer, just makes me nauseous). It also smells bad and makes me and everyone around me smell like sh*t. Is that fair to me?

Basicly im not sure we disagree, smoking is not great for anything but the pleasure of smoking, we agree.
Smokers should not be allowed to smoke in planes, busses, resturant, hospital, we agree.

What i dont understand is why make a fuzz about it, just because i hate the smell of heavy parfumes, im not all over the place about it, i just pull off a bit some times.

On a side note i dont know why smokers, should not be allowed to run, smokers bars. Its just like with other theme bars (Gay - S/M - Soda only - ect., if you dont like it, dont go there.
Seen from a helth view, you should not go to Bars at all, risks a all over those places. 

Yeah with that I can agree. If there's a bar that's theme is smoking, then yeah sure. I don't think law will allow such a thing though.
There be dragons
Failcore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 09:32
I go thru bouts where I will smoke about a pack a week, then maybe for a few months, nothing at all. I also enjoy hookah.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 09:38
I don't but my wife does.  If there's good ventilation, there is peace.

I find it rather amusing that some local places are banning smoking outdoors in parks.  I'm thinking smokers need to be outdoors and get fresh air.   Now fines for dropping your butts on the ground would make more sense.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:01
I don't know what vehemently rabid non smokers have to worry about - all that riding such a high horse to the moral high ground must result in the cleanest air possible

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:14
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Now fines for dropping your butts on the ground would make more sense.
We have that - my daughter has been caught twice and she got no sympathy from me (or any help paying the fines) - I carry a pocket ashtray, they're cheap, they don't make your pocket smell and they work.

Edited by Dean - May 24 2012 at 10:55
What?
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:39
Vicky and I use similar ones; cannot stand it when in the countryside or fishing or in a beauty spot of some kind when you see cigarette ends everywhere; as Vicky says, "leave nothing but a footprint & take nothing but a photograph"

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:40
i don't smoke, but i wish i could afford a smoking tuxido
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:52
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

i don't smoke, but i wish i could afford a smoking tuxido

Looting may help
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:58
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Vicky and I use similar ones; cannot stand it when in the countryside or fishing or in a beauty spot of some kind when you see cigarette ends everywhere; as Vicky says, "leave nothing but a footprint & take nothing but a photograph"
Before when you picked up your fag-butts and put them in a tin you were a vagrant, now you are a law-abiding citizen. Isn't modern society a wonderful thing. Approve
What?
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 11:04
No, I don't. For one, I'm an asthmatic, but also it never really apealled to me. I really don't understand why people start smoking these days with all of the information there is now on how dangerous it can be. Then there's my 80 year-old grandfather, who has smoked constantly since we was a teenager, and has no health issues. Strange.
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 11:22

Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Before when you picked up your fag-butts and put them in a tin you were a vagrant, now you are a law-abiding citizen. Isn't modern society a wonderful thing. Approve

Its rather interesting to me how in different nationalities, different words mean different things. In some places in the world, fag is a cigarette, or a pile of sticks, or in the US, a very derogatory name! So, on first glance, I thought you were calling Jim a nasty name!
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 11:56
I have smoked things, and I will probably do it again. However, by no means do I smoke. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 11:56
Peter: What the hell is he talking about?
Englishman: Oh, it’s Cricket. Marvelous game, really. You see, the bowler hurls the ball toward the batter who tries to play away a fine leg. He endeavors to score by dashing between the creases, provided the wicket keeper hasn’t whipped his bails off, of course.
Peter: Anybody get that?
Cleveland: The only British idiom I know is that “fag” means “cigarette.”
Peter: Well, someone tell this “cigarette” to shut up.
-Family Guy
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 12:21

What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>