Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really like your review !!
    Posted: April 24 2016 at 09:28
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Stalvern Stalvern wrote:

Oh man, everything that this guy wrote is incredible.  It's the friggin' Time Cube of music reviews.
(Seriously, everything.  Each review has its own special nugget of... whatever is up with him.)

Question

These reviews are embarrassing and bizarre, even troubling.  

Shocked

Next time someone tells me they like Metallica, I'll just tell them it's an island-based perversion.

On the other hand, he may be onto something - I like Metallica (first three albums) and I'm an island based pervert LOL

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO / Avant / Zeuhl Team & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2016 at 08:29
Hug

Sooo glad you can give me appreciation of my humble review ... actually, TD's "Electronic Meditation" is one of my musts all of the world.

Anyway. Islands is my favourite album of KC regardless of its tree stars. 
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 13:18
Wholeheartedly agree John! Keishiro's reviews are some of my favourite things to read. It also helps that too am one of those psych heads who jump at anything featuring wah wahs and folks on acid.
Have some clappies my Japanese guruClapClapClap
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2016 at 12:17
Gotta mention Damo's reviews. I messaged him about them a month or so ago about how much I appreciate his positive reviews for many of those early Psychedelic and Krautrock albums that are much maligned, and today I see his appreciation for Tangerine Dream's debut which I feel is very much under appreciated except for us Psychedelic heads of which Damo and I are long standing membersBig smile. But then I see his Hermann Szobel review and yay! He's finally on the site. great news!
Keep it up Damo!
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 18:47
Originally posted by Pastmaster Pastmaster wrote:

Been really enjoying Modrigue's Eloy reviews. While we disagree on some things (I personally really like Destination), I'm glad to see another who really loves Floating! Clap

always nice to see Eloy reviews to bring some deserved attention back to them, and Modrigue's are fine reviews that reflect an appreciation of the story of Eloy and their contributions to prog.  I consider Destination their worst album, and Floating also one of their worst, but it really doesn't matter;  it's great to hear other views eloquently stated
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 17:07
shame I had to break the always fun  'I really hate your review' thread in setting the never to be broken PA's record for most hated, loathed, and reported to the admin team review ever seen by this site.

until I made a mockery of the hate of few isolated malcontents by seeminghaving half the forum (or half those who had not reached puberty it seemed at the time) demand my review be removed, me get banned or forced to listen to DT albums for all eternity...it was quite the thread. Shame I had to break it by scoring the perfect 'hated' review.
Cristi View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2016 at 06:10
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Please try this one: http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=31048

oh god!
this guy makes my reviews sound good LOL
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2016 at 04:18
^ They are incredibly bizarre LOL
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2016 at 03:32
Originally posted by Stalvern Stalvern wrote:

Oh man, everything that this guy wrote is incredible.  It's the friggin' Time Cube of music reviews.
(Seriously, everything.  Each review has its own special nugget of... whatever is up with him.)

Question

These reviews are embarrassing and bizarre, even troubling.  

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2016 at 02:34
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Bucklebutt View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucklebutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2016 at 22:37
^ link isn't working for me

Edited by Bucklebutt - April 19 2016 at 22:38
Stalvern View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalvern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2016 at 20:57

Edited by Stalvern - April 20 2016 at 08:38
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2016 at 00:48
Been really enjoying Modrigue's Eloy reviews. While we disagree on some things (I personally really like Destination), I'm glad to see another who really loves Floating! Clap
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2016 at 13:42
Good one Mr Keishiro

A fantastic psychedelic waterfall it is.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2016 at 22:50
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Great review from Nick of the new Arena DVD, even if the experience was less than enjoyable!

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1532898

Needless to say, the DVD is still winging it's way to me in the post as we speak!

Thank you captain lovely.

Arena can still deliver the goods, but the production side killed them and I was pretty let down by that. For 20 yrs Arena Deserve better from their label.
You'll find some love for the DVD. The venue is kind of neat.
Also, Arena are getting old!! I wonder how much longer this band really has.
Oh and the interviews are hilarious. Both Nolan and pointer seem a little frustrated with their Q&A 's from their interviewer.    

Most of all. I never thought I'd have to Hand out a crummy 2 star review for one of my favored bands. It was a sad day in nick land. :(
Raving and drooling I leaned on his neck with a screeeeeeeamm! ;)
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2016 at 16:33
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

John's review for Komara. Man you know I sahre your sentiments about this one, such a unique album!

Thanks Sagi but I owe you one for recommending it in January, thanks! I'm glad our tastes are so similar man.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2016 at 13:53
Great review from Nick of the new Arena DVD, even if the experience was less than enjoyable!

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1532898

Needless to say, the DVD is still winging it's way to me in the post as we speak!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2016 at 06:25
John's review for Komara. Man you know I sahre your sentiments about this one, such a unique album!

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.."
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 16:35
^ Yep--  to the point, honest, and funny.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 11:52
Tony R's Dream Theater review.......love the line about the long suicide note

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
  Share Topic