Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really like your review !!
    Posted: August 20 2017 at 09:48
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Damn, ninja'd by John/Mellotron Storm's fine Djam Karet `Sonic Celluloid' review, I was literally going to post one for it myself once I left work!

Will wait til his moves off the front page!

Glad I beat you to it Michael, your a tough act to follow. Looking forward to your thoughts.Big smile
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2017 at 22:54
Damn, ninja'd by John/Mellotron Storm's fine Djam Karet `Sonic Celluloid' review, I was literally going to post one for it myself once I left work!

Will wait til his moves off the front page!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2017 at 05:32
Another fascinating and diverse homepage (including Bucket Face Wink) . Kudos to all. Clap 
"I'm spacing out. I see silences between the leaves."- lyric from the song Chimacum Rain by Linda Parhecs, who at seventy still claims to never have taken a single drug in her life.
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2017 at 14:15
Great Secos E Molhados review on the front page! Clap

when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2017 at 11:58
lots of good reviews by the Crow, special kudos for an intelligent and positive review of COLLAGE "Moonshine", acknowledging its weaknesses while praising its glorious strengths 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2017 at 06:23
Cool, diverse group of albums on the homepage today. Damn good stuff by all. Thumbs Up
"I'm spacing out. I see silences between the leaves."- lyric from the song Chimacum Rain by Linda Parhecs, who at seventy still claims to never have taken a single drug in her life.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2017 at 05:10
Igor's Elder review really made me look forward for their concert next month... on the same stage owned by Stoned Jesus last year ;)
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 04:11
Very good home page today with the usual stellar reviews from The Crow, VianaProghead, tszirmay and the Aussie-Byrd-Bro. Clap
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 10:39
The lenght of that review is totally justified, there's so much happening!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 10:28
I have to admit, lately I've been loving writing up about vinyl releases - Intro, side a, side b, conclusion - and out after four paragraphs! Helps me restrain myself from my more self-indulgent and long-winded urges!

(although my Moogg review the other day was another longer one - just can't help myself!)
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 10:23
I like both kinds of reviews, sometimes I just want to have a general idea of the album and after listening I compare notes with the longer reviews. I've been trying to write more descriptive reviews but halfway through I find that I don't have that much to say about the album :P
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 10:01
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Yeah, you always deliver the goods, Tymon, well done, mate! I've noticed you and Sam talking this one up a lot lately, so I'll definitely have to investigate it.

Oh, and don't be dissing the longer reviews, for some of us those are our bread and butter!

Thanks a ton, Michael! Wink This album I reviewed might actually be a good place to start.

LOL The more I write reviews, the longer I find them to be. And I do like long reviews, both reading and writing them. I like it when reviews actually follow the album as it progresses or describe the pieces individually and also have an overall view on what the album sounds like, like your reviews for example. So I try to put that in my reviews and they just turn out long by themselves. LOL

Edited by ALotOfBottle - July 14 2017 at 10:03
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 09:47
Yeah, you always deliver the goods, Tymon, well done, mate! I've noticed you and Sam talking this one up a lot lately, so I'll definitely have to investigate it.

Oh, and don't be dissing the longer reviews, for some of us those are our bread and butter!
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 08:59
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Marvelous review, Tymon! Clap

Thank you very much, Sam, I really appreciate it! Smile It's also one of my longer ones, if not the longest I've ever written.
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 08:47
Marvelous review, Tymon! Clap
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2017 at 05:46
Putting this thread back on track :P

Nice review of Lion Shepherd. I would only need to change Spain to Portugal in the second paragraph and that could be my review as well :D

Uwe's Cosmic Ground review was a good read too, I ordered it this morning :)
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2017 at 02:04
At least he writes that "the musicianship is awesome, the prog music equally the best around at the moment" (ok, it's at its best hardly more than a platitude, and for him not a reason to give more than one star). Nevertheless it is a poor, hooligan-style review by someone who cannot tell right from wrong. He even misspells the artist's name, even though it can be read on the front cover.

Edited by someone_else - July 11 2017 at 02:07
When I have proved that I'm not a robot, access may be denied.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 23:59
Well, generally a good starting point when writing reviews about music...would be to write about the actual music on the disc!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 21:27
Do we dare start a "Your Review Really Sucks!!!!" thread? LOL
I personally don't understand why someone bothers to write a review and then rant about something they obviously took no time to understand. It's laughable but part of the diverse charm too. Nobody should take these things too seriously Stern Smile
Rooms of mushrooms rarely mush too much
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 19:50
^ Indeed... Ermm

Might be worthwhile to list it in the reviews reporting thread?
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
  Share Topic