Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really like your review !!
    Posted: Yesterday at 14:51
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Thank you my brother, I knew that you would appreciate this one.
"I see no hope, but I could be wrong." - Pete Seeger.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 14:50
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

great review of Hero and Heroine, Steve
I never knew it was about a day in Cousins' life.  It's amazing what it has become in the intervening years, especially for a band that never hit it really big, at least in America
Thanks Ken. If I'm quoting him correctly, Cousins meant that the songs were "themes" that he assembled for a day's emotional adventure, but the result is the same. A great album.

Edited by SteveG - Yesterday at 17:10
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:12
across the plateau no clouds storm the sky
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:42
great review of Hero and Heroine, Steve
I never knew it was about a day in Cousins' life.  It's amazing what it has become in the intervening years, especially for a band that never hit it really big, at least in America
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2017 at 12:40
Good words today from both Rivertree and K Rowland on Vangough's album Warpaint. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 12:32
Ah, good. I was going to send you a PM, but it looks like someone beat me to it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 09:46
sorry the link above was broken.  I fixed it
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 05:16
Cool. I'm looking forward to it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2017 at 10:45
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Wow Ken! The Ancient Veil! What a blast from the past. I'll bypass this one based on your excellent review, but it's great that these old timers are getting some ink. Thumbs Up

Thanks Steve!

Here is a more favorable review just for balance
I'm going to review the latest from Narrow Pass shortly.  They definitely have more rock aspects and this one has contributions from John Hackett.  The storyline is also more interesting

Edited by kenethlevine - March 19 2017 at 09:45
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2017 at 09:41
Wow Ken! The Ancient Veil! What a blast from the past. I'll bypass this one based on your excellent review, but it's great that these old timers are getting some ink. Thumbs Up

Edited by SteveG - March 17 2017 at 09:48
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 09:04
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

fine review of Strawbs "Bursting at the Seams", Steve.  It's an album that's unfairly dismissed around here.   But I would have liked to hear your thoughts on the bonus tracks.  With those on Grave New World adding nothing to the original, even detracting, I find both "Will Ye Go" and "Backside" to be Strawbs at their best.  
Thanks Ken. I'm not a I fan of either track with the traditional "Will You Go" (Wild Mountain Thyme) done better by many others, but they are harmless enough.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 07:57
fine review of Strawbs "Bursting at the Seams", Steve.  It's an album that's unfairly dismissed around here.   But I would have liked to hear your thoughts on the bonus tracks.  With those on Grave New World adding nothing to the original, even detracting, I find both "Will Ye Go" and "Backside" to be Strawbs at their best.  
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2017 at 10:26
Kev Roland was awesome on the homepage today. I didn't have time to finish reading his last review and I'm looking forward to doing so later this evening. Great stuff! Clap
Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2017 at 18:12
VianaProghead has a very nice summary of the qualities of "One Hour by the Concrete Lake". Its my second favorite POS after "Be". A very under appreciated work. 

Nice job Clap

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2017 at 08:42
Kepler62...........Djam Karet.......Swamp of Dreams........excellent

Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 23:18
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Ok SteveG,  your last review convinced me I need a Strawbs album. Do you suggest this one or an earlier release?
I'm so biased, that it's hard to say. Wink Seriously, you can't go wrong with either Grave New World or Witchwood, IMHO. They're both good in that they're not similar. Kind of how prog used to be, back in the day.

At $7.79 each I just threw them both in the cart. 
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 22:12

Looking forward to THAT review!Clap

Edited by tszirmay - March 08 2017 at 22:13
"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 22:11
OoooooooH! Hero & Heroine! My all-time fave rises to the top once again. 
"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 19:11
Don't read much album reviews nowadays but that Grave one was excellent, Steve.

And the best is yet to come with the Bursting/Hero/Ghosts masterpieces.
across the plateau no clouds storm the sky
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 14:50
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Ok SteveG,  your last review convinced me I need a Strawbs album. Do you suggest this one or an earlier release?
I'm so biased, that it's hard to say. Wink Seriously, you can't go wrong with either Grave New World or Witchwood, IMHO. They're both good in that they're not similar. Kind of how prog used to be, back in the day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic