Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really like your review !!
    Posted: April 26 2017 at 19:38
^Thanks! Even non-fans of APP might find value in hearing those Chateau sessions. Anderson states that he felt naked releasing them without the intended finishing touches, but I found the stripped down rawness refreshing. Particularly when physical distress was at the source.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 04:12
Cool review on the Wilson remixed APP by Tapfret today. I'm still not a fan of the album but it was an excellent read!
"I see no hope, but what if I'm wrong." - Pete Seeger.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal and Heavy Prog Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 16:18
^ Yup, it's quality stuff
"Prog-gnostics" show - every Saturday 2-4pm UK time on http://www.justincaseradio.com, the first progressive radio in Greece
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 09:35
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'll be seeking out some Barock Project after reading K. Rowland's review. Thumbs Up

ME TOO...Wink
"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 05:01

I'll be seeking out some Barock Project after reading K. Rowland's review. Thumbs Up

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 11:35
Live Phil by Tszirmay sounds like a winner with plenty of choice Roxy covers. Thumbs Up

Edited by SteveG - April 05 2017 at 11:36
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2017 at 04:17
Live At Carnegie Hall by VianaProgHead. I couldn't have said it better. Thumbs Up
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2017 at 04:18
Thanks Ken. I've honestly haven't listened to the early Strawbs albums in many, many years as I do tend to get bored with repeated listening after a couple of years. Every album from Dragonfly up through to Ghosts was still a delight and, in some cases, a revelation. Yes, Cousins and company should do a fully combined H&H and Ghosts concert similar to what Renaissance did with the full album Turn Of The Cards and Scheherazade concerts a few years ago. No one is getting any younger, me included, and the quicker, the better.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2017 at 16:13
and, just to close the loop, fine review of Strawbs "Ghosts" Steve.
We just have to convince Mr Cousins to do a tour playing the entire album, before it's too late
Note that in this case I think the bonus cut is wholly dispensable, though not terrible
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 14:51
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Thank you my brother, I knew that you would appreciate this one.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 14:50
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

great review of Hero and Heroine, Steve
I never knew it was about a day in Cousins' life.  It's amazing what it has become in the intervening years, especially for a band that never hit it really big, at least in America
Thanks Ken. If I'm quoting him correctly, Cousins meant that the songs were "themes" that he assembled for a day's emotional adventure, but the result is the same. A great album.

Edited by SteveG - March 23 2017 at 17:10
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 12:12
and those with no homes to go to, please dig yourself holes
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 11:42
great review of Hero and Heroine, Steve
I never knew it was about a day in Cousins' life.  It's amazing what it has become in the intervening years, especially for a band that never hit it really big, at least in America
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2017 at 12:40
Good words today from both Rivertree and K Rowland on Vangough's album Warpaint. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 12:32
Ah, good. I was going to send you a PM, but it looks like someone beat me to it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 09:46
sorry the link above was broken.  I fixed it
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 05:16
Cool. I'm looking forward to it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2017 at 10:45
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Wow Ken! The Ancient Veil! What a blast from the past. I'll bypass this one based on your excellent review, but it's great that these old timers are getting some ink. Thumbs Up

Thanks Steve!

Here is a more favorable review just for balance
I'm going to review the latest from Narrow Pass shortly.  They definitely have more rock aspects and this one has contributions from John Hackett.  The storyline is also more interesting

Edited by kenethlevine - March 19 2017 at 09:45
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2017 at 09:41
Wow Ken! The Ancient Veil! What a blast from the past. I'll bypass this one based on your excellent review, but it's great that these old timers are getting some ink. Thumbs Up

Edited by SteveG - March 17 2017 at 09:48
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 09:04
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

fine review of Strawbs "Bursting at the Seams", Steve.  It's an album that's unfairly dismissed around here.   But I would have liked to hear your thoughts on the bonus tracks.  With those on Grave New World adding nothing to the original, even detracting, I find both "Will Ye Go" and "Backside" to be Strawbs at their best.  
Thanks Ken. I'm not a I fan of either track with the traditional "Will You Go" (Wild Mountain Thyme) done better by many others, but they are harmless enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic