Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I really like your review !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 21:26
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, Guldbamsen, Octopus 4, neu!mann, Slartibartfast, Warthur, saltyjohn, Eetu Pellonpa, Rivertree and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews.

I've got all you guys review/ratings pages favorited, to see of you've wirtten a new review.Clap  Theres also plenty of other good reviewers, that I don't follow really, cause they don't review stuff that generally gets me all excited. But for the most part I think the people at PA are good reviewers. Better than any review I've seen on Itunes.Dead

SaltyJon Wink

In all honesty, I'm surprised (and pleased) that anyone reads mine.  I don't think myself a very good reviewer, and I'm certainly not a frequent one.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 22:26
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, Guldbamsen, Octopus 4, neu!mann, Slartibartfast, Warthur, saltyjohn, Eetu Pellonpa, Rivertree and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews.

I've got all you guys review/ratings pages favorited, to see of you've wirtten a new review.Clap  Theres also plenty of other good reviewers, that I don't follow really, cause they don't review stuff that generally gets me all excited. But for the most part I think the people at PA are good reviewers. Better than any review I've seen on Itunes.Dead

SaltyJon Wink

In all honesty, I'm surprised (and pleased) that anyone reads mine.  I don't think myself a very good reviewer, and I'm certainly not a frequent one.

I wish you would review more. Your review of http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=357962 got me to order the album, and you also got me into The Claudia Qunitet.

@Alan. Well, if you say so...      that reminds me, I have a couple of reviews I've written down, and been meaning to post.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 22:52
Originally posted by Anthony H. Anthony H. wrote:

The reviewers who I follow are Colorofmoney, Damo, Phillippe, Mellotron Storm, Anthony H, Conor, Snobb, Holy Moly, and Dobermensch. Mainly cause they review stuff I have a big interest in, and I've found some amazing stuff, thanks to their well wirtten reviews

Thank you including me on that list of fine reviewers!

How on earth can I not like your reviews with such a perfect line as this?

"One does not exactly have to be a John Zorn scholar to know that a Zorn album entitled Music for Children has absolutely nothing to do with the auditory entertainment of the prepubescent."  LOL
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site and Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 09:36
WowEmbarrassed

Thanks to all of the nice people in here, I really appreciate the sentiments. I t feels great to know that somebody actually reads the front page. It has always been the main attraction to me - and it still is. Even if I don't log in for a day, I'll always manage to read the reviews. We have some inspired writers up in this placeClap

And thank you Sagi - this is a great idea for a thread, especially seeing as nobody ever uses the review discussion for anything other than highlighting the bad ones. 

I won't start a list of reviewers here, because I'm afraid I will leave someone out of the equation, and that would genuinely make me feel horrible.

I will however highlight 2 reviews that always make me laugh like an insane person:

Iain's one of The Residents - Commercial Album: http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=170895

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Post/Math Rock Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 11:20
There are a lot of really talented writers on this website, and all of my favorites were already mentioned. I hope everyone keeps up the work and continues to populate PA with wonderfully articulated reviews. 

Edited by Horizons - June 23 2012 at 11:21
I Will Write Peace All Over Your Wings And You Will Fly Around The World
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 19:37
I loved cromson87's review of Human, by Death. Nice going, man!
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 20:49
This is one of my fav reviews (out of many) personal and critical, great stuff:

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2012 at 01:39
Dear Andy Webb, 

I disagree of your views on the Flying Colors album. Now I have to haet u and you don't deserve to be called Drim Feater fan anymore, k? >:( 

Sincerely, 

Your (ex-)BFF

Mr. Kayo Dot.

Edited by CCVP - June 30 2012 at 01:40
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorofmoney91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2012 at 11:27
LOL
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2012 at 12:03
I love Atomicrimsonrush's reviews. Even when they're 7000 words and about releases I'm not even interested in. I usually read them all. Also I like Alan's review <3, and Guldbasemen's reviews, and Rune2000's. Plenty of others as well.
There be dragons
Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 01:40
Anybody ever get "constructive criticism" from band members?
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 01:51
did you?
There be dragons
Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 02:45
Yes, I was informed that a Les Paul sounds nothing like a Stratocaster. 
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 03:34
pwned
There be dragons
Grape_Jam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape_Jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 10:03

I really like Dayvenkirq's review of The White Album. Mostly because I agree with most of it LOL

Eetu Pellonpää View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpää Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 11:49
Among many wonderful reviewers, I would like to point out Michael Neumann's reviews; Especially his essays on krautrock records posted earlier this year show in my opinion great insight on subject and writing talent.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 12:08
I try to read as many reviews as I can, but I miss a lot.  But I will always stop and read a review by Mellotron Storm (John), because I can always count on him to tell me what I need to know about the album.

In general, we have a very high caliber of reviewers here.  It's very rare that I come across a thoughtless review.  So kudos to everybody, I guess. Heart
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 12:13
^ Seconded re: Mellotron Storm's reviews for sure!
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2012 at 12:53
I really liked Easy Living's review of Silhouette's Across the Rubicon! I'll probably check that album.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site and Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2012 at 13:00
Yeah I thought it was very good as well, and I probably won't check it out - which then means that he is able to entice me even when the music he is writing about is something I have little or no interest in. Brilliant reviewer

Edited by Guldbamsen - July 14 2012 at 13:11
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
  Share Topic