Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kamelot Announces New Singer
    Posted: June 26 2012 at 07:17
Great news!

I love both bands. Tommy should be a pretty good fit for Kamelot.
lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 05:34
They made a good choice.
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2012 at 14:44
Kamelot has announced a new singer, and it is Seventh Wonder frontman Tommy Karevik.  At first this worried me greatly because I feared Seventh Wonder, my favorite band 2nd only to Dream Theater, was breaking up.  However, these are the official statements from the band, which leave me hopeful that 1) I will enjoy Kamelot more, and 2) Seventh Wonder will start to get more recognition:

Tommy's statement:

Hi everyone!

It is not a secret that I have been in close contact with the Kamelot crew for some time now. I played with them on Progpower 2010 and I joined them on the european part of the tour in the spring of 2011. I learned a lot from this experience and had a great time together with the guys. Of course musically it is a bit different from the SW style but to me, that is also what makes it interesting and challenging. Over the past months I have come to love the music and the vibe of the band and when I finally and officially was asked to join as the singer and full blown member of Kamelot I was very happy and gladly accepted! This is something I am really proud of and something I am looking forward to making my own. However I do want to say this... and this is very important to me...
I will not leave Seventh Wonder!
The SW guys and all of you fantastic and supportive fans out there will not get rid of me so easily!
I love you all and you are the reason I got to where I am today! We are already working on some stuff for the next SW album and really can`t wait to show it to you all!

Yours truly,
Tommy Karevik.

Seventh Wonder's statement:

We are very happy for Tommy and for this great opportunity for him to reach an even greater audience with his amazing voice and talent. We understand that this will affect Seventh Wonder in some way, but we are dead set on continuing on our path as we have before and we feel confident that we will be able to honor the expectations of our fans and at the same time not impede Tommy in his duties towards Kamelot. Hopefully this will lead to positive things for both Kamelot and Seventh Wonder fans alike.

-Andreas, Johan, Kyrrt, Stefan.

Post Reply Post Reply