Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReviews by date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews by date
    Posted: July 08 2012 at 02:05
On the front page you can see the last 50 reviews. If I could not visit PA for a couple of days obviously I will have missed some reviews. On days with busy activity i guess it does not take long for 50 reviews to be posted and unless you check frequently, a review will come in and dissapear from the last 50 not long afterwards.

As far as I know there is no way to find those missed posted reviews anymore (unless finding them by pure chance on the album page of course).

It would be nice to have a "Review Search" function, similar to "New Posts" in the forum where you could select to view for example the reviews posted from date x to date y for the period that you missed visiting the site.
Ideally the search should also allow you to filter which subgenres you want to see reviews for.

This brings me to another question out of curiosity. Does anyone have statistics about the posting of reviews? eg
How many reviews are posted per day as average?
Are there patterns? for example, on friday evenings it's usually when most reviews are posted, on mondays it's when less are posted etc.

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2012 at 02:11
I think that is a very nice idea Gerard.
Maybe it could be even simpler - choosing the last hundred or two hundred reviews? Either way, it would be great to have the chance to catch up, instead of having to visit the individual genre pages and fumble around in the dark. I do tend to read the front page on a day to day basis, but sometimes I have to sneak around to stitch the week's history together. Cool if that was just a click away.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply