Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSupertramp release live In Paris 79 DVD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2012 at 01:53
One of the main things that stood out for me in Roger's letter that Eleanor posted is where he talked about the music business -  "An attorney friend of mine who has been in the music industry 40 years who is also a publisher and has worked a lot with the Beatles catalog said he has never heard of anyone doing this in the music business - for a label to try to put out a DVD without the publishing company and songwriter’s approval. This whole issue is much bigger than this one DVD.  They are not only trying to take away rights from Rick and myself as songwriters, they are affecting the rights of songwriters all over the world with what they are trying to do."   

Here is a video of Roger dedicating a song to his senior manager, Elliot Lott, who is also the Beach Boy’s manager.  Roger also talks also about getting out of the music business and about honoring the unsung heroes in our lives.  For me, right now Roger is an unsung hero.  He is being courageous as a songwriter by speaking up about the unethical and illegal bs that is happening in the music business.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8EPm0NPqH0
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2012 at 02:02
Originally posted by Flora Flora wrote:

One of the main things that stood out for me in Roger's letter that Eleanor posted is where he talked about the music business -  "An attorney friend of mine who has been in the music industry 40 years who is also a publisher and has worked a lot with the Beatles catalog said he has never heard of anyone doing this in the music business - for a label to try to put out a DVD without the publishing company and songwriter’s approval. This whole issue is much bigger than this one DVD.  They are not only trying to take away rights from Rick and myself as songwriters, they are affecting the rights of songwriters all over the world with what they are trying to do."   

Here is a video of Roger dedicating a song to his senior manager, Elliot Lott, who is also the Beach Boy’s manager.  Roger also talks also about getting out of the music business and about honoring the unsung heroes in our lives.  For me, right now Roger is an unsung hero.  He is being courageous as a songwriter by speaking up about the unethical and illegal bs that is happening in the music business.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8EPm0NPqH0

If I'm not wrongRick Wakeman went to play piano for an uncredited singer, and the label released Rick's performance without ever asking him or A&M Records.

As a fact, he discovered the album when it reached the stores....So...Guess it's not that uncommon.

Not crediting Rick and Roger for the songs they wrote, more than unusual seems like a suicide, because Roger and/or Rick could sue them.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - September 01 2012 at 02:07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12