Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nosound - new EP At The Pier (w Chris Maitland)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNosound - new EP At The Pier (w Chris Maitland)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nosound - new EP At The Pier (w Chris Maitland)
    Posted: September 30 2012 at 16:26
Nosound are currently working on their new album, which will be released in early 2013. Ahead of this release comes At The Pier, a new EP which features three brand new tracks: 

https://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound/ 

For the tracks Nosound are joined by Marianne De Chastelaine on cello and Chris Maitland, formerly of Porcupine Tree, on drums. Chris, who will be playing on all of the tracks on the new album, adds a new dimension to the Nosound dynamic through his powerful and inventive drumming as frontman Giancarlo Erra explains when describing the tracks that make up At The Pier: 

"In general I would say that The Anger Song is a more rough and bleak piece than the usual Nosound, probably even more powerful and indeed 'angry'. A New Start is more Nosound but almost uplifting in a melancholic way, majestic in music with more twisted lyrics, with a mix of blues and postrock all packed into one song. Two Monkeys is based around piano, upright bass and sampled strings, with deep meaningful lyrics for a piano song of a different kind than the previous Nosound piano songs. It also features Marianne de Chastelaine's cello" 

source: https://www.nosound.net

Edited by rofus - September 30 2012 at 17:08
--
NOSOUND

Giancarlo Erra
http://www.nosound.net   (new: PROMO cd-r and MP3 audio clips!)

... Without music, life would be a mistake. (Nietzche)
Lord Jagged View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2012 at 16:31
I'm looking forward to this - I've been playing Lightdark quite a lot lately and was thinking it would be good to hear something new from the band. Chris on drums is certainly a plus.
Dead Souls In The Rear View Mirror Hitch A Ride For A While..
Lord Jagged View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2012 at 13:46
I'm informed by Giancarlo Erra that the new album will be called "Afterthoughts."

I tried to submit a review of "At The Pier" but was told my account does not have that privalege. Do I need a certain amount of posts before I can write reviews?
Dead Souls In The Rear View Mirror Hitch A Ride For A While..
 Post Reply Post Reply