Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoors 21 Century / Vanilla Fudge?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doors 21 Century / Vanilla Fudge?
    Posted: July 21 2005 at 19:55
(I didn't know exactly where to post this question, but since it partially involves VANILLA FUDGE, a band listed in the Archives, I decided to put it in the main forum)

Has anyone seen The Doors of the 21st Century since they started touring? How was it? Is it worth checking out?

They have Vanilla Fudge as their opening act, and since they are soon stopping by my hometown, I was hoping to watch the show, but want some feedback first as money is always a precious commodity...

Any reviews/comments on the band(s) mentioned after you have SEEN them?
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 04:29

I saw Fudge early last year and they were mind blowing.

The guitarist used very cliché in the book but was stellar. Bogert put Squire to shame in the bass solo( he caused havoc at the nearest Eathquake monitoring station ). appice was simply himself and the KB man was all over his real Hammond and looked uncannily like Mark Stein. One of the top 3 concert of the year (out of roughly 50)

As foor the Doors , most people I know that went to the concert were really impressed. I decided not to go along to it , because of them not waiting for Densmore to get better and finding a replacement (causing justly Densmore trying to stop them). Astbury was very Morrison-esque and the bassist had played in the Jeff Beck Group of 71-72.

If they had come as a double bill, I would have not hesitated a second. Sounds like a real must. go for it!

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Cluster One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 04:35
Thanks for the reply and ringing endorsement Hugues! Still haven't made a decision whether to go or not...
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
 Post Reply Post Reply