Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 16:18
"summer" is not a weather. And I do mind.
What?
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 16:23
I meant that as a metaphor. Should have put that in double quotes originally for ya.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 00:36
74 F (23 C) here in Reno.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 19:20
It's getting worse this evening - 90 F (32 C). I had a hard time breathing this noon.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 19:26
Cold and wet. 10 degrees. Great day to stay inside and listen to prog. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 19:27
^ Bast$%ds. We, the Nevadans, should push the sun closer to you.

EDIT: This is the first time I can actually tolerate the full-on cool blow from the conditioner.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 06 2013 at 19:41
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 19:43
Don't get me wrong. Love my cloudy days more than sunny, but don't love the wet days. ^
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 19:54
Tropical storm remnants. rain, rain, rain, and more rain.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 03:45
Feels like one of the hottest nights I've ever been through. Google says it's 73 F (23 C) here in Reno, but I think it's lying, man. Feels like higher than that. People shouldn't have to live like this, in this heat. You go to a really hot place, like a sauna, for medical reasons, not to make your life worse. What's so appealing about hell? "Get us the f$%k outta here."
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 03:55
Why do people live in places they don't like?

It's like the people who move into a street, complain about the traffic and then start a campaign to have the speed limit reduced to 20mph. Sod-off back to wence you came interferring do-gooders!
What?
Knobby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 08:38
I like it when Weather Report threads just die off in a welter of vapid weather posts - or did I get it wrong...err...this thread IS about that crap-group, right?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 10:49
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Feels like one of the hottest nights I've ever been through. Google says it's 73 F (23 C) here in Reno, but I think it's lying, man. Feels like higher than that. People shouldn't have to live like this, in this heat. You go to a really hot place, like a sauna, for medical reasons, not to make your life worse. What's so appealing about hell? "Get us the f$%k outta here."

Dude. I know how you feel. I can't stand the constant dry heat.
I spent for months in Peru this year and my body still didn't adjust to the humidity and heat for the amount of time I was there. I figure it takes years for one to acclimatize to certain extreme tempetures. One thing I don't miss about south America is the weather. I always thought I'd be rightly suited for the UK. Cloudy all the time and mostly cool.
My kind of weather.   

Anyway, in prog land it's 16 degrees and sunny. Not bad.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 13:11
Originally posted by Knobby Knobby wrote:

I like it when Weather Report threads just die off in a welter of vapid weather posts - or did I get it wrong...err...this thread IS about that crap-group, right?
I do like "Milky Way" and "Umbrellas", though.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 14:39
A bit cloudy, with a little rain, in Paris this sunday.
The sun is still a bit shy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 14:44
They opened the pool for us, so forget about the weather. Fooh, nice and cool.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 17:35
Originally posted by Knobby Knobby wrote:

Ease off that single malt...............

Wink
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 10:26
We passed the 30°C today here in Dutchland, for the first time this year.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 10:38
Beautiful 21 degrees and sunny. Went for a 2 hr walk that was about 22k through toronto's great forestry parks.
You can be sure I had my prog-pod with me. :)

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 07:56
In a painful effort to squeeze out all the warmth there might be, the temperature peaks at 15°C today, which is at least 5 degrees below the normal level for this time of the year.
Dutchistan turns away from global warming .

Edited by someone_else - June 27 2013 at 07:56
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2013 at 17:40
Son of a bi$%h, it's hot in here! 37 C (98 F). I was playing hot potato with my steering wheel for a minute there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>