Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLemur Voice - Insights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 08:50
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

Check out Altura or Enchant's "Wounded".

I've read mixed reviews... but i think that the overall impression is too much DT-clonism... is it true?

well, to be honest...yes. But a good version of DT Big%20smile But you can say the same about Lemur Voice...From the moment a band is good, I don't mind the influences. Originality is not always the key to quality.
I find both above-mentionned CDs flawless and two of the best ever issued in the field of prog-metal (it's my own opinion of course)
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 14:11
Originally posted by Progzilla Progzilla wrote:

I haven't seen anyone yet on progarchives talking about Lemur Voice, so lets change that!

The album Insights is one of my top 10 prog metal albums, surely there are people here who have listened to it? There are such amazing jewels on this ones, especially Akasha Chronicles , Deep Inside and Prime Of Passion. This is prog metal the way I love it the most. Very tight but still atmosperic songs performed by very talented musicians. The follow up, Divided, I don't really like that much.

So, who has heard Insights (more than a quick spin)?

I'd have to say it just OK. I like a couple songs quite a bit but Insights gets rarely a full spin. I just picked out those couple favs and added them to my Prog Mix CDs.

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 14:18

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Check out Altura or Enchant's "Wounded".

I've read mixed reviews... but i think that the overall impression is too much DT-clonism... is it true?

well, to be honest...yes. But a good version of DT Big%20smile But you can say the same about Lemur Voice...From the moment a band is good, I don't mind the influences. Originality is not always the key to quality.
I find both above-mentionned CDs flawless and two of the best ever issued in the field of prog-metal (it's my own opinion of course)

I agree with your point of view and will check them out Thumbs%20Up.... INSIGHTS dissapointed me but it has its moments...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12