Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wake of Confusion - progressive metal from Spain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWake of Confusion - progressive metal from Spain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake of Confusion - progressive metal from Spain
    Posted: March 03 2013 at 16:58
Wake of Confusion is a new progressive metal band from Spain. They released their first album "Changing Times" in 2012. They cite influences from Dream Theater, Yes, Symphony X, Pink Floyd, Megadeth, Queen, Frank Zappa.

They have asked me to post this information for all of you:
Their music is available on iTunes and Spotify (see links below) and you can visit their webpage, follow them on twitter or like them on Facebook.

Spotify
http://open.spotify.com/album/2r1sbgVeUtJVpRe8aqTSuT

iTunes Store
https://itunes.apple.com/es/album/changing-times/id558466200

Changing Times Medley DEMO http://www.wakeofconfusion.com/media

Visit their website:

Follow them on:

Wake of Confusion
is currently under evaluation by the Prog Metal team.

Enjoy! Big smile

Edited by aapatsos - March 03 2013 at 17:00
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 18:07
Aapatsos, thank you very much for the recommendation Thumbs Up
Listening to their snippets via Itunes right now, Condemsed to live and Heads and Tails so far, I like very much. They have DT and heavy metal influences at times also TFK (or rather as per track listen TFK and DT).  
A light of the end of the tunnel is a great track, very nice the guitar widdling Big smile.so far my fav, I love the prelipupu's guitar notes Big smile
Hug
P.S. Great to hear Spanish prog, lately the only spanish prog that has been around is South American Smile

Edited by Kati - March 03 2013 at 18:09
mzarowny View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 11:43
A very good Prog Metal Band.  When I listened to their CD, "Changing Times", it is quite clear that they cite influence from Dream Theater.  The best song on the CD is "Condemned to LIve".  The song starts off like Thrash Metal, then gives way to a more Progressive sound.  Their is a neat Piano Solo in Diary of a Banisher", and "A Light at the end of The Tunnel" has a Saxaphone Solo that one might hear in a smooth jazz song.  I look forward to hearing more from this band.
Stephen J View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 16:05
Very good Progressive metal band! I've listened to a lot of the tracks off the album and am very impressed. My favorite track so far is Voodoo. I also enjoy Condemmed to live, A light at the end if the tunnel, and Techno - Barbarity. Can't wait to hear more from them.
Damenbl76 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 16:42
Wake of confusion has a great sound. I've listened to a lot of tracks from their CDs, and condemned to live is my favorite track. They can be heavy as well as quite melodic. I look forward to hearing more from this band and see how they grow!
Gemin Eyes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 07:18
I had a very strong prog phase in my late teens and early twenties with bands such as Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Marillion and Tool, and although it's not a genre I follow a lot lately, I still appreciate it a lot. While discovering Pain of Salvation has reignited my flame for prog, Wake of Confusion's music is another great discovery for me!

I find their very characteristic sound to be extremely attractive, and the suspense build up is excellent - when rhythmical parts break into melodies, or when lyrical parts lead into exciting riffs.

I loved the voice and how it fits to the overall sound of the band.

Excellent musicians, excellent songwriting.

I'll be watching you Wake of Confusion, there's no confusion on that whatsoever! :)

aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 15:55
Monday 7 GMT we will be presenting new releases and a special guest - Rober Dominguez from the Spanish prog metallers Wake of Confusion will join us on the chat as we will give you a taste of their album Changing Times! - join us on http://www.justincaseradio.com/
Wake of Confusion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 09:25
Hi everyone!
Thanks for all your likes and comments! We really appreciate your opinion. We are very excited!!
If you have any question or comments for us please feel free to ask our guitar player Rober Dominguez who will be joining the chat at http://www.justincaseradio.com/ tonight at 7pm GMT
Cheers and Prog on!!

Wake of Confusion
Progressive Rock/Metal band

Visit our website:
www.wakeofconfusion.com
Wake of Confusion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2013 at 13:57
Hi proggers,

Good news from Spain!

So here it is!

Changing Times CD Edition (Jewel Box + Booklet) is available worldwide at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wakeofconfusion

We hope it was not a long wait!
Cheers and Prog on!
Wake of Confusion
Progressive Rock/Metal band

Visit our website:
www.wakeofconfusion.com
 Post Reply Post Reply