Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 120>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Zappastolethetowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2023 at 16:03
@Logan
My condolences go to you as well! We don't leave out anyone in PA!

Best Wishes and Stay Safe!

-Alex
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2023 at 16:07
Sad news. I had a cousin who took his life at age 39. My brother and I both thought he died from cancer because he had cancer but I guess he wanted to end his life on his own terms. I had a friend named Dean from college (who liked King Crimson, Yes, Floyd, Genesis, etc) who did die from cancer (at around age 25 or so).
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2023 at 11:21
R.I.P. Steve Harwell 

I know Smash Mouth isn't the type of music people really listen to on here, but I mean.. 'All Star' forever lives on in Shrek
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Zappastolethetowels View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zappastolethetowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2023 at 15:43
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

R.I.P. Steve Harwell 

I know Smash Mouth isn't the type of music people really listen to on here, but I mean.. 'All Star' forever lives on in Shrek

Was that the main guy??
All Star will never be anything but Shrek!Smile
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2023 at 16:26
Yes, he was the lead singer. He retired in 2021 due to health issues related to his alcoholism. Smash Mouth was one of the more successful bands from my hometown of San Jose, CA.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2023 at 16:53
RIP Steve Harwell from Smash Mouth.

Also, RIP Gary Wright.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2023 at 21:13
I've always associated All Star with Rat Race, rather than Shrek.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2023 at 21:34
Indeed, RIP Gary Wright!  I saw his band Spooky Tooth in Chicago.  As I recall, they put on a good show, and he was unique for having a sound dripping in synth in an era that was dominated by Hammond organ and other keys.  

June 23, 1974: Montrose, Spooky Tooth, Frampton's Camel

Auditorium Theater, Chicago

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2023 at 10:20
I hadn't read here for a few days. I have read your stories now and feel very sad. Thank you for sharing this here. I haven't got more to say than heartfelt condolences!  
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2023 at 18:28
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Indeed, RIP Gary Wright!  I saw his band Spooky Tooth in Chicago.  As I recall, they put on a good show, and he was unique for having a sound dripping in synth in an era that was dominated by Hammond organ and other keys.  

June 23, 1974: Montrose, Spooky Tooth, Frampton's Camel

Auditorium Theater, Chicago

And Spooky Tooth is my stock answer for the greatest album title of all time:

You Broke My Heart So ... I Busted Your Jaw 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2023 at 05:14
Sorry to hear what happened to your loved ones, guys.

I actually had read JD's post and skimmed Logan's and some others' posts.

But my mind was too occupied. I didn't want to react which would be devoid of my full concentration.

May they all rest in peace. And may everyone else have the zeal to live.

The ones that are gone... They don't experience the joy of life, on the other hand they don't also suffer the pain of living. They have found peace, but left their loved ones in pain.

Anyway. My deepest condolences to each and everyone of you. Heart

Edited by Archisorcerus - September 06 2023 at 05:15
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 05:38
Brooks Robinson, HOFer and former third baseman for the Baltimore Orioles passed away on September 26 at the age of 86. I have a couple of baseball cards of him, the earliest being from 1968 Topps. RIP.

Edited by progaardvark - September 27 2023 at 05:42
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 05:59
^ A big part of the great 1966 Orioles team.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 13:33
@JD
@Logan
@lazland

Man just reading all that, makes me very sad. I can only hope some kind of peace is found in all this.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 13:45
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

@JD
@Logan
@lazland

Man just reading all that, makes me very sad. I can only hope some kind of peace is found in all this.

Thank you, José. As ever, much appreciated.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 15:47
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

@JD
@Logan
@lazland

He is...I'm certainly not. But time heals...(so they say)
Thanks for the thoughts.

Edited by JD - September 27 2023 at 15:47
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 13:45
Rest in peace to great actor legend Michael Gambon.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 08:25
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 11:24
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Unfortunately, I've never seen him in the theatre, but as a film actor he has impressed me more than once. I'm thinking especially of his performance in Peter Greenaway's The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover...

RIP Michael Gambon.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 11:35
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Unfortunately, I've never seen him in the theatre, but as a film actor he has impressed me more than once. I'm thinking especially of his performance in Peter Greenaway's The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover...

RIP Michael Gambon.

Sad news, and I very much appreciated The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover (I'm big on various Greenaway films), and I have enjoyed him in various things, but what I most appreciated from him was his performance as Philip Marlow in Dennis Potter's The Singing Detective, which is one of my very favourite television series.

Edited by Logan - September 29 2023 at 11:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 120>