Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 118>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 16:26
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2023 at 05:09
RIP to Carin Goldberg, a graphic designer of covers of books and record albums. In addition to her work on covers for The J. Geils Band and Madonna, she designed the cover of John Zorn's Spillane album in 1987.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2023 at 15:55
RIP to Tim McCarver, baseball broadcaster and catcher notable for being Steve Carlton's personal catcher in the late 1970s.
----------
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2023 at 14:16
RiP Wayne Shorter, whom played the amazing solo on Aja
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2023 at 14:31
Dang!!! RIP Mr Shorter, thank you for all the amazing music.

dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2023 at 15:50
Sad day in music!!!  Wayne Shorter co-founder with legendary keyboard genius Joe Zawinul of one of the greatest of all fusion bands, Weather Report, has passed.  R.I.P.

mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2023 at 16:09
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

Sad day in music!!!  Wayne Shorter co-founder with legendary keyboard genius Joe Zawinul of one of the greatest of all fusion bands, Weather Report, has passed.  R.I.P.

yep a sad day
RIP Wayne
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2023 at 16:51
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2023 at 06:16
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2023 at 06:49
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2023 at 20:03
RIP Gary Rossington
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2023 at 20:11
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

RIP Gary Rossington

Yes, just heard. That means all the original members of Lynyrd Skynryd have passed on. So sad, such great music....

Ronnie Van Zant
Gary Rossington
Allen Collins
Leon Wilkeson
Billy Powell
Ed King
Bob Burns
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2023 at 05:45
R.I.P. Robert Blake aka 'Baretta'.

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2023 at 05:55
^ I remember Robert Blake mainly for the movie, Electra Glide in Blue, which included a soundtrack by Chicago. That was the movie that inspired me to long for a Harley Davidson motorcycle, although I actually ended up with a little Suzuki moped where I put-putted my way off into the sunset. Oh well, these are the things that dreams are made of. Confused

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - March 10 2023 at 05:56
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2023 at 06:22
RIP to novelist John Jakes who passed away on March 11 at the age of 90. 
----------
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2023 at 16:58
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

^ I remember Robert Blake mainly for the movie, Electra Glide in Blue, which included a soundtrack by Chicago. That was the movie that inspired me to long for a Harley Davidson motorcycle, although I actually ended up with a little Suzuki moped where I put-putted my way off into the sunset. Oh well, these are the things that dreams are made of. Confused

Excuse me for intruding on this solemn thread with my nit picking, however Chicago did not do the soundtrack to "Electra Glide in Blue". 

The soundtrack was assembled by the director James William Guercia, who did indeed produce Chicago among many others, but Guercia mostly did the soundtrack himself, with the inclusion of songs by The Marcels and Madura.

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 06:31
Originally posted by Hugh Manatee Hugh Manatee wrote:

Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Excuse me for intruding on this solemn thread with my nit picking, however Chicago did not do the soundtrack to "Electra Glide in Blue". 

The soundtrack was assembled by the director James William Guercia, who did indeed produce Chicago among many others, but Guercia mostly did the soundtrack himself, with the inclusion of songs by The Marcels and Madura.

Love that last scene and last song.  My favorite last scene from any movie from that period.  I remember every detail. 
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 08:28
R.I.P. Jim Gordon.  One of the best rock drummers ever, Period!!!

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 08:44
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 00:43
One more .. 2023 is taking its tol... sad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 118>