Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhen will 'Pop music' stop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:31
It seems well produced at least. But I don't think I'll ever purposely listen to it again.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:33
Let's face it since the dawn of man and mankind there has always been bad and good music. I don't think Pop music(in today's sense) will ever die because many people are exposed to terrible stuff like(Bieber, Gaga, Minaj) and because of the fact that they think that it's good it will continue to regenerate over and over again(that's a sad reality!). For bad Pop music to truly disappear we have to deal away with the US capitalist system and its big business/corporations because they are exactly what is regenerating and rehashing all the bad Pop music out there today.It's stuff like Bieber and Gaga that keep people calm and complacent on so many different levels. To me it's not even a form of music anymore it's just distraction after distraction. The little man has to rise up and say ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We do that by boycotting bad products like (Bieber(god I hate that kidAngry!!, Disney girls, sex(like Minaj and Gaga). WE(THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT REAL MUSIC!!) ALL HAVE TO RISE UP AND SAY ENOUGH OF THIS BULLCensored!!!

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - April 23 2013 at 20:34
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:39
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Let's face it since the dawn of man and mankind there has always been bad and good music. I don't think Pop music(in today's sense) will ever die because many people are exposed to terrible stuff like(Bieber, Gaga, Minaj) and because of the fact that they think that it's good it will continue to regenerate over and over again(that's a sad reality!). For bad Pop music to truly disappear we have to deal away with the US capitalist system and its big business/corporations because they are exactly what is regenerating and rehashing all the bad Pop music out there today.It's stuff like Bieber and Gaga that keep people calm and complacent on so many different levels. To me it's not even a form of music anymore it's just distraction after distraction. The little man has to rise up and say ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We do that by boycotting bad products like (Bieber(god I hate that kidAngry!!, Disney girls, sex(like Minaj and Gaga). WE(THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT REAL MUSIC!!) ALL HAVE TO RISE UP AND SAY ENOUGH OF THIS BULLCensored!!!

wat
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:40

Hate to break it to you, but 1) capitalism originated in Europe (banking in Venice, the merchant class getting rich and challenging the aristocracy, manufacturing in England, Adam Smith and all that), 2) prog music is also a product of capitalism and is closely related to pop music (it grew out of it, and most of the great proggers were in the Billboard charts). 3) Have you seriously heard Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"? That's a great song, no matter what you say. 4) But I kind of think you're joking a bit. That first sentence gives it away, which I only hope is intentionally (rather than unintentionally) hilarious: "Let's face it since the dawn of man and mankind there has always been bad and good music."

You kind of sound like some of those muslim fundies, raging against western culture, but I think you must be kidding around LOL

Edited by jude111 - April 23 2013 at 20:46
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

wat

Clarify please?
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

wat

Clarify please?

You first.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:45
Originally posted by jude111 jude111 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but 1) capitalism originated in Europe (banking in Venice, the merchant class getting rich and challenging the aristocracy, manufacturing in England, Adam Smith and all that), 2) prog music is also a product of capitalism. 3) Have you seriously heard Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"? That's a great song, no matter what you say.

You kind of sound like some of those muslim fundies, raging against western culture, LOL

I) It did but it swelled over to the US and it soon created all this bad stuff. In essence Capitalism is good but it's been twisted around so much
2) I know that but it doesn't have to be
3) Yes, I've heard that song and it sounds like all her other crap!!!

You kind of sound like some of those muslim fundies, raging against western culture

No, I love my homeland and some of the freedoms that we have but we have to put a limit tp how much crappy products and supposed music artists sell. I enjoy baseball and a coke Wink but with limits

This is for SOLARLUNA96: In order to stop the bad music that is being produced we have to boycott it and the places that produce it are things like Disney and other big businesses

This is for jude111: What is wrong with Muslims? Stern Smile. I'm not religious by the way I just care a sh** load for music and people around my country and world

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - April 23 2013 at 20:51
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:49

No, I love my homeland and some of the freedoms that we have but we have to put a limit tp how much crappy products and supposed music artists sell. I enjoy baseball and a coke Wink but with limits

Two words: Boy Bands. Get ready for it, and learn to accept it. Asia's rising, and they *love* boy bands (and girl bands too). Chinese pop, Korean pop... It's already making in-roads here. LOL I know I'm in the minority when I say, We have nothing to fear. Big smile If you don't like Lady Gaga, you'll hate Korean Pop - she actually is strongly influenced by K-pop, and not the other way around. Anyway, our kids and grandkids will love it. Embarrassed

PS - I didn't mean to disparage Muslims. I meant to disparage fundamentalism, of all stripes. Big smile

Edited by jude111 - April 23 2013 at 20:57
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:55
If you don't like pop music, it's pretty easy to avoid IMO.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:56
^^ I guess I sound pessimistic "but I fear tomorrow we'll all be Cry". I love my little nieces to death(bless their hearts) but they are getting sucked by disney to the point in which they get angry with meUnhappy. The way I'm seeing things people are losing themselves on so many levels.Disapprove

For Padraic: I do avoid it and as much as possible LOL

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - April 23 2013 at 20:57
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:57
I'm consistently surprised at how fun a lot of k-pop/j-pop is to listen to. SNSD 4 lyfe
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:58
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I'm consistently surprised at how fun a lot of k-pop/j-pop is to listen to. SNSD 4 lyfe

ClapClapClap Me too! Big smile 
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 20:58

This is for SOLARLUNA96: In order to stop the bad music that is being produced we have to boycott it and the places that produce it are things like Disney and other big businesses 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:01

How else do we stop it then?
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:03

Ignore it. When you do that, it's eliminated from existence.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:05

That is exactly what I said but in different words LOL
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:12

Why would we want to stop people from enjoying what they like? My mother used to love Barry Manilow (okay, this was the late 70s mind); now she loves Josh Groban. As a teenager I used to try to change my parents and get them to listen to what I thought was "good" music. (I was so insufferable. Okay, I still can be, if I don't watch myself!)  But now I'm just happy she has music she can enjoy. I'll tease her, but then she'll tease me about the music I like. If people like it, and it's not hurting anyone else, who am I to try to stop it...

Edited by jude111 - April 23 2013 at 21:19
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:17

So, now you are contradicting yourself. (I hate it when people do that. Why can't they organize their thoughts?) You either boycott or ignore the crap that's going on today. Pick one.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:17
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

If you don't like pop music, it's pretty easy to avoid IMO.

Couldn't agree more!

When you live/eat/sleep/breathe prog 24/7, you kind of live in a `proggy' bubble where you don't get much exposure to pop music. You create your own musical world around you, that shields you from all the latest pop fads and 15 minute wonders!

I don't lsiten to the radio, so I never turn it on to hear the latest pop songs. I play CD's in my car, which means I choose what I listen to. If I'm playing music at home, I play either a CD/LP/online stream of progressive/ambient releated music.

Once in a while a pop song will have real exposure that you somehow won't be able to avoid hearing endless times, but it's pretty easy to ignore the rest!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2013 at 21:20
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

So, now you are contradicting yourself. (I hate it when people do that. Why can't they organize their thoughts?) You either boycott or ignore the crap that's going on today. Pick one.

I'd rather boycott it, but in a way they are essentially the same thing.
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>