Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI am waiting for you last summer - Post-Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am waiting for you last summer - Post-Rock
    Posted: May 20 2013 at 21:41
Oh God...that name...that name is so...so...post-rock...

Anyway, about them:

"I am waiting for you last summer formed in Ryazan, Russia in 2011. 

Alex and Eugene met at a local bar examing the rig of “This Will Destroy You” in October 2010. Alex played in a band called «Epsilon Lyr» and Eugene was a gutarist of « I am waiting for you last s…» These bands were barely alive, and so at one of the parties at the same bar, having consumed a fair amount of whiskey, Alex came up to Eugene and asked him if he wanted to play together. Eugene agreed and the guys started writing material and rehearsing. Soon they invited their friend dj Leo to their rehearsal as a listener, after which he also became a member of the band, responsible for the electronic component of music. 

Alex - guitar
Eugene - guitar
Leo - electronics

I am waiting for you last summer 
Facebook"

A bit surprised they weren't even mentioned here, as they are gaining a lot of traction lately, but then again, they are quite new.

They possess a lot of electronic elements and experimental tendencies, and I doubt they will be met with any serious opposition.

http://www.last.fm/music/I+am+waiting+for+you+last+summer From here, you can stream pretty much anything, and download pretty much anything.

Edited by CoolJimmi - May 20 2013 at 21:44
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 02:57
And not forgetting good ol' bandcamp: http://iwfyls.bandcamp.com. Tongue Track nine of the 'Edge Party' album, 'Obsessed', features the wonderful vocals of iamthemorning's Marjana Syomkina. Heart
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 23:50
Perhaps I should start adding the bandcamp addresses for the bands I post, haha. But then again, I think I'd miss yam yam coming around Approve
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 03:27
LOL! - I don't think so!  Tongue ...But i'm not as bad as a dude named Walter we used to have on here, who kind of disappeared into oblivion at about the same time I joined...though I can assure you the two events were in no way connected! LOL
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 03:32
Seriously though, bandcamp is a really great streaming site, and it's always worth checking if an artist (or in some cases their record label) uses the site. A lot of last.fm streams are only 30 seconds long (not the ones for the guys you have posted here recently though, I must admit) - whereas bandcamp is always (to the best of my knowledge) the real deal.
CoolJimmi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 23:29
Yes, I only post the last.fm link if the songs available are streamable in their entirety. I appreciate bandcamp for their services immensely, and I believe I shall start linking all my submissions with their bandcamps, when available. Thumbs Up
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 15:32
Yes indeedy!

Post Reply Post Reply