Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

delete my account immediately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: delete my account immediately
    Posted: November 06 2014 at 13:12
Originally posted by Prog_Traveller Prog_Traveller wrote:

Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

It's a real nightmare not only when  you don't feel comfortable in some place, but the worst is that you can get out!

Exactly. That's where I am now. I posted something then a moderator arbitrarily decided to delete my thread only after he got the last word in. It's almost to the point where I wouldn't mind paying someone just to delete my profile. What is the point of having a website like this where you take sides with those who are abusive to others and can't just respect the members. I am at the end of my rope here.
Two major problems 
1- the Internet is a jungle , where exotic birds and fruit survive next to scary monsters. You can get ambushed, triangulated and shot at but you must soldier on. 
2- English is a terse, relatively emotionless language that can, under circumstances such as invisibility of the typer, to easily misinterpret the meaning (or density) of rebuttals, difference of opinion etc....Using emoticons can soothe the reply . Sarcasm, irony and judgment are the unfortunate tools of the word sniper. 

Do like I have a few times, ignore those who pass judgement on you and forgive them, for they know not that they have sinned. Or best yet, respond with humor , as some have no sense of it at all. LOL  
Which explains my post signature below. 

Edited by tszirmay - November 06 2014 at 13:53
"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 12:05
I am afraid to take my Ipad in the bathtub.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:59
I do get the shakes if I stay away from the internet in general.
"and what music unites, man should not take apart"--Helmut Koellen                               
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:57
I will keep my charged opinion to myself sorta..shocked an electronic persona in the midst of a short circuit doesn't just pull the plug out of the wall on all this drama
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:51
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

It's a real nightmare not only when  you don't feel comfortable in some place, but the worst is that you can get out!

Exactly. That's where I am now. I posted something then a moderator arbitrarily decided to delete my thread only after he got the last word in. It's almost to the point where I wouldn't mind paying someone just to delete my profile. What is the point of having a website like this where you take sides with those who are abusive to others and can't just respect the members. I am at the end of my rope here.

Why don't you just stop logging in? It's not compulsory to be here.

No, but a lot of us start twitching in violent withdrawal when the site is down for 12 hours.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 11:39

Why don't you just stop logging in? It's not compulsory to be here.
Ian

Anyone who thinks Kansas is Prog get out of the room - Adolf Hitler

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Post/Math Rock Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 09:49
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Stating the obvious but you don't have to log in. Get someone to change your password and not tell you what it is.

Diabolical.
I Will Write Peace All Over Your Wings And You Will Fly Around The World
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 09:40

Stating the obvious but you don't have to log in. Get someone to change your password and not tell you what it is.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 06:51
And now this song is stuck in my head Tongue

Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 06:46
^ Probably not . All is want is justice to be served.
Aria ariari isa, vena amiria asaria

DEATH TO TOTALITATARIAIANIMISM! UNBAN SHAKESPEARERARE
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 06:41
@Vomps: do you think Shakes would return if unbanned?

If you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is wise and then just behave like they would - Neil Gaiman
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 06:38
No Way Out is a 1987 thriller film about a U.S. Naval officer investigating a Washington, D.C. murder. It stars Kevin Costner, Gene Hackman, and Sean Young.
Aria ariari isa, vena amiria asaria

DEATH TO TOTALITATARIAIANIMISM! UNBAN SHAKESPEARERARE
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site and Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 04:13

The problem I have with you is that you take your frustrations about another member and decide to make a thread about it. Everyone reading PA inside the last two days know perfectly well who you're talking about. 
Like I said in my mail to you: you've never once approached any member of the admin team about your concerns, which is the way these things are handled. You post in the open forum. When that then is about a "bullying situation" you yourself instigated, and, perhaps far more worrying, about a respected longstanding member, I close the thread. Then again, I would've done the same had any other member been involved.

Edited by Guldbamsen - November 06 2014 at 04:23
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 04:05

What is the point of having a website like this where you take sides with those who are abusive to others and can't just respect the members. I am at the end of my rope here.

What's the use of worrying,
What's the use of hurrying, 
What's the use of a-ny-thing!

It's only a forum.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 04:03
Hey !! What's wrong with cheese polls anyway ???
Just read the gatefold of Zappa's You are What You Is .......
Cheese rules !!!
@ Prog_traveller - don't let disagreements/bullying get to you, life's too short to worry about a bunch of words on a screen (except for a good review, that's priceless....)
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 03:43
^Hey! Don't take it like that. I just defended your cheese-polls. You can be quite aggressive and difficult to communicate with yourself you know (as can I).
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog_Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 03:34

Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog_Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 03:30
It looks like accounts can't be deleted. This place is just horrible. Even some of the moderators are unprofessional and let certain members get away with bullying other members. It is simply deplorable.

Edited by Prog_Traveller - November 06 2014 at 03:31
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 06:20
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa

"I am not afraid of Death, I just don't want to be there when it happens".

- Woody Allen

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2013 at 06:26
What a fascinating thread...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic