Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSmoke?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Interesting One...Do you smoke, and what?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [11.11%]
1 [0.93%]
6 [5.56%]
1 [0.93%]
5 [4.63%]
0 [0.00%]
21 [19.44%]
13 [12.04%]
4 [3.70%]
35 [32.41%]
2 [1.85%]
8 [7.41%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2008 at 22:39
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

I smoke about half a pack a day,it's the only vice I have leftUsed to smoke quite a lot of bud in my teens and early 20's but stopped when my daughter was born.I miss it sometimes

Do you think you could control it now and smoke just in some occasions? I mean, if you do miss it, why not smoke a blond when, I don´t know... going to a concert or something? Or you have stoped ´cause you are just not ok with it any longer?

As for me I occasionally smoke pot, but not as much as I would like to LOL
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 22:03
Quitting cigarettes was extremely difficult, but I'm really glad I did it. Hopefully I will never go back, but all addictive substances have very slippery powers.
Proletariat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 22:57
hmm, not often at all, cigars when I got them, but other than that no tobacco.

As for the other stuff I smoke a bowl from my pipe about evry one or two months, and I almost always take a hit when theres a joint going around, its just a feel good social activity and not an addiction (was once, not anymore)

Oh, and I only ever smoke with friends, never alone
who hiccuped endlessly trying to giggle but wound up with a sob
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 13:13

I'll have what he's having. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - January 04 2008 at 13:16
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Leningrad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 13:24
Never done anything, and I plan to keep it that way.
magnus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 14:33
Never smoked a cigarette in my life, and I don't intend to. I think it's better staying away from it altogether than going through what I see many smokers do, especially the trouble they have when they try quitting. I kinda feel the same way about coffee(eventhough that's not bad at all compared to tobacco); you only "need" it once you've started using it.
The scattered jigsaw of my redemption laid out before my eyes
Each piece as amorphous as the other - Each piece in its lack of shape a lie
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 15:00
I usually don't smoke. but after a REALLY exceptional meal (as co-owner of a restaurant that serves some pretty fancy stuff this really means something) I will smoke a cigar. it is a habit I picked up from Friede, by the way; we just have to look at each other after a meal and know "yes, it is time for a cigar". this happens approximately only about once every 3 months. quite unusual for a woman to smoke a cigar; usually you would imagine either fat business men or grumpy old men doing it

Edited by BaldJean - January 04 2008 at 16:14

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 15:18
on my 4th day without cigarettes.... and still hurting LOL. but getting a bit better...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 22:44
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

on my 4th day without cigarettes.... and still hurting LOL. but getting a bit better...

Good luck with that. I quitted myself many months ago. I just thought seriously about my heart and lungs, not to mention mouth and money. Replace it with excercise and fruits. 
¡Beware of the Bee!

Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2008 at 07:00
You can also try thinking about the S.O.B.'s who got you hooked on this stuff on purpose and who were planning on making a profit off of your descent into lung cancer.

Don't freak if you slip up, I had to quit many times before I was able to finally "quit".
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2008 at 07:19
as Mark Twain once said: "giving up smoking is the easiest thing in life; I have done it at least a dozen times" Wink

Edited by BaldJean - January 05 2008 at 07:20

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Visitor13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2008 at 07:33
I don't smoke, but I don't mind it when people around me do. 
cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2008 at 08:36

So... ¿how are you today?. When I first started, what helped me the most was to think about that horrible smell while eating something really tasty. Also, when I started doing excercise, the general feeling that I was an unhealthy disaster, unable to do a simple excercise rutine, helped me to hate even more the idea of tobacco and it's effects on me, effects that I never cared about until that moment. Do go on an reward your efforts each day with tasty gifts, like mint chocolates or a nice cup of green tea, etc. Remember: excercise is the key. If you keep the same life of a smoker, but without smoking, you'll be back soon. Instead, if you experience the sensation of cleaner lungs by using them, you'll  succeed. Good luck.
¡Beware of the Bee!

Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 00:35

Used to smoke about 4 years ago, but quit before i got too addicted, so only about a month later, although took up social smoking at the end of june last year, but last month decided to quit completely and decided to get rid of stress with more guitar playing and more exercise (skateboarding, walking and jogging)Thumbs%20Up

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 15:49

Go to the docs and get a prescription for Chantix.

I started taking the pill awhile back and I haven't had a cigarette in months and don't even THINK about them anymore.It totally erased my nicotine craving,and you only have to take the pill for a month.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 16:28
Everyone's quitting... I think I'll be the last steam locomotive in the world! Shocked

Guigo

~~~~~~
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 16:53
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Go to the docs and get a prescription for Chantix.

I started taking the pill awhile back and I haven't had a cigarette in months and don't even THINK about them anymore.It totally erased my nicotine craving,and you only have to take the pill for a month.

thanks Jody....  I did slip up... and have had a couple over the last couple of days.  Didn't have any today... and just taking it day by day.  It's not as much the nicotine I suspect... christ... I have other addictions to make up for that LOL .  I think it is the mental side of it that is the hardest.... there are times when a cigarette isn't just feeding the cravings for nicotine... for example... when I am scratching  my head over something at work...  I honestly do think better if I have a cigarette.  I am a high strung ..nervous little runt... hence the 20 odd variations of nicknames like turbo..spastic..etc..  I've had over the years.  It just focuses me.. is a time to reflect and ponder rather than act... oh well...  proud of myself so far. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
bizarro laplace View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 16:56
actually, hmm, this poll doesn't have my option: no - never tried (but am old enough).

I know I wouldn't have enough willpower to quit cigarettes if I started so I haven't.

# for band in doom:
# if indiekids(band): addband(band, "Post Metal")
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 17:12
Originally posted by bizarro laplace bizarro laplace wrote:

actually, hmm, this poll doesn't have my option: no - never tried (but am old enough).

I know I wouldn't have enough willpower to quit cigarettes if I started so I haven't.

exactly.... that's why other than some years enjoying 'Mr. Stinky' in college.. I stayed away from drugs...  probably would have loved it.

Alcohol was what I struggled with.. and that for the social aspects of it... was very shy and booze opened me up... went from being too shy to talk to women to crossdressing... dancing on pool tables. and running around campus with no clothes on.
Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 17:27

Alcohol was what I struggled with.. and that for the social aspects of it... was very shy and booze opened me up... went from being too shy to talk to women to crossdressing... dancing on pool tables. and running around campus with no clothes on.
[/QUOTE]

It's amazing the problems many teens are facing with alcohol. Last year, i knew two girls  (one of which i still regularly associate with), one 15 years old and one 16 years old, who even at that age already had attended AA meetings. Both are also regular smokers, surprise surprise.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>