Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSymphony Novel - Progressive Band from India

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 04:53

Symphony Novel is proud to present the new single Ethereal Ash . It showcases the brilliance of :- 

Gino Banks - Drums
Sheldon D'Silva - Bass
Jake Charkey - Cello
Gauri Aayeer :- Western Vocals
Suvarna Tiwari :- Indian Vocals
Rachit Sachdeva - Guitars / Composer / Lyrics
Vivek Khati :- Lead Guitars

Recorded at :- Double Shift Productions , India

Mixed / Mastered :- Forrester Savell , Sing Sing Studios , Australia [ worked with Skyharbor , Animals As Leaders , Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus ]

Video Credits :- Parth Daga 

Hope you guys like it :) Cheers !!

Your comments will mean a lot to us .. Thank you Smile

Edited by Rachit Sachdeva - September 29 2014 at 04:54
Cheers.!!!

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 14:37
Oh my God....!!!! I have just seen the separate post made today in this forum for the release of the new single: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=99858, and loved it!  Approve

However, I'm not going to comment on it there because this thread is still open, and you should really have just posted it here for us rather than creating a new one (maybe admins can merge the two threads...? Ermm - I know Alex (harmonium.ro) used to be able to do that).

Anyhow, I'm just looking into the history of the evaluation of the band on PA, and am quite astounded that they are not in the database as yet.

Symphony Novel

So, rejected in Heavy Prog (to my ears this is mainly Heavy Prog/Prog Metal but certainly mixed with other influences - giving an Eastern feel to it in places), rejected in Eclectic (yes, I can understand that - there is too much of one style here (the Heavy/Prog Metal aspect) for it to be truly considered Eclectic Prog), handed over to Crossover (one 'yes' and two 'moves') from where it seems to have been moved to Post/Math Rock...which I just cannot get my head around at all - I don't personally hear a trace of anything that might make them fit in this sub Shocked - and thus they were rejected again.  Cry

Surely this band belongs here somewhere...?  Confused

Great review for 'Aria' on Sea of Tranquility: http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=15153,
more very positive comments elsewhere (as posted on All About The Rock when the crowdfunding campaign for the single was announced: http://allabouttherock.co.uk/symphony-novel-crowdfunding-new-single/):

Symphony Novel‘s debut album Aria was released in September 2013 and received rave reviews from webzines and critics in Germany, the UK, the USA, and India:

“The sound is rich, deep and formidable from the beginning to the end on this unique and powerful debut album” – Sea of Tranquility, The Web Site for Progressive Music.

“This is a 6 track album of progressive rock that masterfully blends together Indian and western influences to create something rather exceptional” – All About The Rock (UK)

“What really stands out is the sense of dynamics that the guitars, drums, and bass showcase, with flickering rhythms and alternating sections of accenting adding a rhythmic playfulness behind the melodies” – Rock Street Journal (India)

I really think we need to have another look at them, and Crossover seems to be the only option we have - so Kev, Scott, Diego, Thomas...what chance is there of you guys having another stab...?  Embarrassed
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 15:11
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Surely this band belongs here somewhere...?  Confused

perhaps not
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 15:41
Yeah - 'the force' doesn't seem to be with them at all. I suppose I'm never going to get to grips with what actually constitutes 'progressive rock' as long as I live...and I'm in my 60th year now...but surely there is more to this than just alternative rock?  Confused  I'm listening to 'Aria' again right now just to make sure I wasn't somewhere away with the fairies last time I heard it - and nothing's changed. Time to take my pension, I think - and move down to Eastbourne!  LOL
Rachit Sachdeva View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 15:46
Its ok if we don't get selected in any of the groups .. But i hope you liked our new track Ethereal Ash Smile\
Cheers.!!!

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2014 at 16:52
Yes indeed, Rachit - both the single and the 'Aria' EP are highly enjoyable...As one of our admins posted the other day in the most recent Katatonia thread "Fortunately we're still able to enjoy good music regardless of it being on PA or not"

Amen to that! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12