0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 20:18
Birds.Of the 5 or 6 albums of theirs I heard, it is the only one, where I like all the songs.
Shake & bake.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2018 at 22:00
Shine on for me too!
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 12:44
I voted in this poll years ago but never commented.  To me the first album is by far the best, in fact their only really good album (4 stars), full of youthful exuberance and that organ/piano combo.  In Held Twas in I is a bloated epic and they never seemed to know what to do with the great Robin Trower.  That said, pretty much every album from 1967-1974 has at least a few good tracks, with Grand Hotel being perhaps the best of these.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2018 at 13:14
If I could own only one and listen to only one it would be Shine On Brightly.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
The Jester View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 01:02
Sorry folks, I will vote here. I can't choose, simply cause I love all of their albums. Well, almost all at least...
And since In Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is not included, I decided not to participate. But up to Exotic Birds, all are excellent albums! Broken Barricade and 9th are the weakest ones in my opinion...
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 06:56
I find their 2017 release to be quite nice Neuvau, pretty fresh for a 55 year old band
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 00:12
^I like it quite much too. The Well´s On Fire is also better than the Prodigal Stranger, although it also has some good moments.
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 04:57
I actually like Exotic Birds and Fruit the best...very consistent album...many great tracks.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 10:37
Originally posted by BarryGlibb BarryGlibb wrote:

I actually like Exotic Birds and Fruit the best...very consistent album...many great tracks.

It took a long time for me to try any of the post-Trower 70's albums...definitely a different feel but love Grand Hotel, Ninth, and Exotic has that great remake of Monsieur Armond Wink
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 23:59

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12