Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZentraedi (USA): Prog Metal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zentraedi (USA): Prog Metal?
    Posted: January 29 2014 at 09:18
Apologies for a very short post - I know nothing at all about this band except what is on bandcamp (which isn't much), but just have a listen to this...

Stunning melodic Prog Metal! Approve

I love it to bits!

Edited by yam yam - January 29 2014 at 09:19
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2014 at 10:59
^^ Thumbs Up Cool
Mato View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 01:17
good music indeed ! 
www.martinhuba.bandcamp.com
www.atomhub.net
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 18:29
on charts, nice
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 14:06
Happy to help us out with a bio Dave? Embarrassed
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 07:46
Sadly, on this occasion I can't. As I said in the o.p. - all I know about them is what is up on bandcamp - which is next to nothing. Unhappy It was a 'chance' find which I thought was just too good not to post on here, but there doesn't seem to be anything else about them anywhere on the web.

Edit: I sent a messsage to them via the contact facility on bandcamp - let's see what transpires...Smile

Edited by yam yam - February 22 2014 at 08:02
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 08:55
thanks, that might do
XadaTen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 14:49
The vocalist and keyboardist (Jon) of Zentraedi is a good friend of mine. If I remember right, this album was their first and last album created around 10-20 years ago (I'm not 100% on the actual date because it took 3-4 years to complete this album) even though bandcamp says released 2014. So don't get your hopes up because there will most likely never be another album by them because all the members have disbanded and live in different parts of the world now. 

As for the band name, Jon likes old school anime and the album was named after one of his favorite anime series Robotech. If you do a google search you'll find more information about the Zentraedi.

The most recent news regarding Zentraedi was about 3-4 years ago the members reunited to shoot footage for a music video for one of the songs off this album, to which I have some of the raw footage from (green screen stuff). They aren't actively working on it currently because of their busy schedules but I believe it may be finished someday.

Zentraedi takes some of it's influences from Planet X, Ozric Tentacles, small bit of Dream Theater, and the guitarist is a large fan of Steve Vai's  work. I'm sure there are more influences but I don't know them all, this is just from what Jon talked to me about.

Zendraedi played quite a handful of shows in Texas 10-20 years ago, created mixed and mastered the album themselves (with the help of a few friends), and then never advertised or tried to sell this album at all, until recently (only selling, I doubt any advertising still).

Anyways, I hope this tides you guys over for information about this "mysterious" new band that has popped up out of nowhere.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 15:10
Hi Chad, and welcome to progarchives.  Hug

Thank you very much indeed for this information!  Thumbs Up I received no reply to my recent message to them via bandcamp, and I guess this explains why! However, I think you have given us enough here to create an acceptable resume to include as a (temporary at least) biography on their page on PA, but Thanos (aka aapatsos) will be the one to say yay or nay on that matter.

This is a damn fine album - to my ears at least - they should certainly have pushed it when it was first put together imo, but hey, better late than never eh?  Tongue

Thanks again for your help with this. Really appreciated!! Approve
alienshore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 17:07
I feel like I listen Distorted Harmony (music) and Rush (vocals) at once. Very nice find Smile.  
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 05:41
Recorded 10 - 20 years ago? Now I know why Zentraedi sounded slightly retro to me. Well, it's a pretty 'hidden masterpiece' kind of story. A great music anyway.
Album art would be better, though.

Edited by Svetonio - March 01 2014 at 05:42
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 09:01
OK found a bit more which coincides with the above and gives me confidence to add

Zentraedi added for PM
Heavy Minmei View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 03:04
Hi I am Jon's wife we just found the album on bandcamp. I guess we forgot one of the members loaded it up. I've just convinced him to respond. Handing over the keyboard now:

Hi, this is very unexpected ...but I'm really really glad to find out that there are people out there who are enjoying the music we made. It was admittedly self-indulgent material that was definitely not for everybody, but it was a tremendous labor of love. 

So here's the story, the band began forming around 2001 when Dave (the drummer) was in college; and the guitar player (Mojadev) was helping me and Jason (the bass player) and the drummer from our former band (Drench) record some tracks. By 2004 everyone in the group was headed different directions for work and school but we wanted to have some sort of record of what we did - and that's how Seven Medley Sins came about.

We recorded the project on an 18-track standalone recorder that we bought on e-bay for $600, and eventually mixed in Logic Studio8 because it was the only thing that I could afford that worked on my Macbook; my only piece of tech-gear. We recorded the instruments at different times at each of the player's homes around 2004-2005. I was living in another state at the time so I went down to Texas a couple of times in 2006 to do the vocals and keys at Jason's house. It was some time shortly after that that we finally finished mixing it. We didn't actually spend years recording and mixing the 'album', it just took a number of long dry spells between takes and mixing to get it done. 

I'm not sure about what Dave's up to now but I do know that Mojadev is still making music; some crazy-cool 'fusion' stuff. As for me, I haven't worked on anything new for some time. However I have started working on mixing a Drench project from 1996 digital tapes that were discovered recently; and I'm getting some help from our old drummer (D), who also mastered  Seven Medley Sins for us - and it was through D that I/we inadvertently discovered this site.

As for other future music projects, I think I've got another album in me.

And I see Chad's on here too ...which is awesome! He's a great kindred prog-music spirit I met after working on Seven Medley Sins and moving out of state for school. 
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 04:49
thanks for the thumbs up, do stick around Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply