Topic Closedthe Bloomy Ocean of Stoner and Psychadelia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Bloomy Ocean of Stoner and Psychadelia
    Posted: March 28 2014 at 08:40
90s and 80s produced sounds, lots of sounds melted by the help of many bands, bands that are part of a family of music that amazingly creates amalgams of a style which is like i would say a tapastry of music music where anything can be invited, everything can fitt inn, the ideas of the progressive is indepted, the 60s mentality is integral, alteernative and indi is the core and the form but not the norm in this universe, the oppesitte spectrum of the symphonic junkies of metal, her mud and stones are the core, the gritt, the erthy rather then the synthetic / practiced, molten lava the core of grunge in the scenter, is the staple and focal point where everything is coming from in this mentality. Mythology, music, art and language is merging in an intence and kreative fassion, from the core sound of doom, grunge, noise, crust punk, hardcore, not related att all to tech death, in any sence though nigbours in the same corridor, but speaks two different languages. Melvins, Neurosis, Motopsycho and Kyuss >-< Death, Atheist, Opeth, In Flames, are metal yet speaks two different metal languages, two regions, what im saying is what im saying,,,, i am stating that this field im talking about is very interesting, full of band to go and look into, lots of experimenting, and im joining ttwo bands where this mentality is very much the norm, the elements from everything is melting with the elements of 80s/90s stoner/psych, the amazing path that follows is the indeption of the family of mud, the other band is a hardcore band more easy and less chaos, probably closer to the clean asthetic of synthetic metal the antithesis to mud metal, the spiral of elements in metal make my mind invent new umbrella terms for it and categories, and swirling ideas,
Im facinating in the bands which i call mud metal, earhy progressive stoner anything-goes-into-the-dark-couldron-progressive-alt-indie-avant metal

Voivod
Mr Bungle
Motorpsycho
Kayo Dot/Maudlin of the Well
Kyuss/QotSA
Tool
Neurosis
Soundgarden
Melvins
Swans
Radiohead
 are the most important bands in mud metal

the Blogg of ramble by Aginor "Rambler" Musichology and History case of nutters  
Rick Robson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 09:04
From these decades i used to listen to the psych/hard rock albums instead of the prog rock ones. Good examples of that were "The Cult - Love" and "Pearl Jam - Ten". The former i used to enjoy a lot its atmosphere, by far the best of The Cult.

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 09:07
it might seem like rambling the post above, but my mind was overloaded with thoughts and theories, I gotta look into Ten and the Cult
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 03:13
Radiohead is metal?
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 05:53
I think it's more that they were part of a broader movement taking the same musical ideas of psychedelia and updating them to newer styles of music that had emerged since then... as some of the metal groups aginor mentioned did just in a different genre context.

For the record I've just started a recent thread about Voivod analyzing them from a similar perspective. Surprised at the lack of replies, what with them being a quite popular band.
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
 Post Reply Post Reply