Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRD.2 Canterbury/Zeuhl/Krautrock (1)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Favourite ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [62.96%]
5 [18.52%]
5 [18.52%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 18:50
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Kultivator over Caravan. And there's a very successful reissue for Barndomens Stigar.

I see 3 issues of this recording according to the RYM site. The original LP from 1981, the re-issued cd from 1992 with 2 bonus tracks which I have then the 2008 re-issue with a bonus cd ! Didn't know about that one. The two bonus tracks on my release are as good as the main recording.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 20:05
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

FAUST!!

ALL HAIL FAUST!!

ALL HAIL FAUST!!

LOL I was just talking about Faust and Henry Cow doing a 2 month tour of the UK in September and October of 1973 on the other series of polls, that would have been something to have experienced. Both had just signed with Virgin Records.

It appears however...that no one is listening to me.

And yesss. That would have been awesome to see. I'm not much of a concert person these days but I would definitely put life on hold to have witnessed that powerhouse duo.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 21:34
Caravan!!
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 10:45
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Arghh John! You're killing meOuchWackoLOL

Erm.........................yeah. 
Daddy take the banana, we'll wash our teeth in the sea or the Swedish one with Tunnelbanen? Who knows? I certainly don't.
Fantastic albums all around!

Funny but your the third person to express the difficulty of making a choice here. The next round is going to be painful at this rate.LOL

Well I listened to all of em last night and this morning. So Far being my morning bike ride soundtrackBig smile Maybe it's because it's the most recent spin, but I caved in and voted for Faust in the end. Close call though. All of these records are wonderful, but you know me - I have a thing for the underdog....always have.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:01
I like all three albums very much, but So Far for me without hesitation. That is my favourite Faust album these days.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:09
^Mine as well.
It used to be IV, but ever since reading Neu!mann's excellent review of it, I've revisited the album again and again - each spin seemingly better than the previous.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:34
^ It used to be IV for me too, and before that I liked the debut the most. Neu!mann's review is good. This is the review that became the most memorable for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

1 stars I don`t know if it`s fair to write a review about an album that I heard almost 20 years ago. But I`m writing this. In 1985 I was playing in a band which had 8 members (!), and the keyboard player, who is still playing in bands since then, lent me several albums of some bands/artists: Return to Forever, Vangelis, Banco, Peter Gabriel, Faust, The Dregs, and other albums that I don`t remember now.I liked some of those albums and I recorded them in cassettes, and I recorded some songs of the albums that I didn`t like very much in one cassette only. FAUST was one of the bands that I didn`t like very much. I still have the cassette where I recorded the only song which I liked from this "So Far" album: "On the Way to Abamäe", which is an instrumental piece with an acoustic guitar or classical guitar, in the style of Steve Howe or Steve Hackett, with an organ in the background. It is a sad song but it is very good. I remember that the rest of the music in this album is noisy, sometimes funny, with some funny lyrics, but not very interesting musically.Maybe the best memory that I have from this album is the cover design: it had the black cover which is included in this website, but it also had a booklet which included the lyrics and some good paintings that illustrated each song. I think that the record I heard was a re- issue of this album which was released by a British label called Recommended Records or something like that. "So Far" is only for the fans of FAUST and this kind of music called Krautrock.
Guillermo | 1/5 | 2004-12-6

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 03:22
No contest for me in this one as the Caravan is one of my most played albums over the last forty odd years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12