Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello guys!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello guys!
    Posted: May 28 2014 at 00:43
Hi! My name is Antonis,I am from Greece and I feel deeply honoured to meet you all!
Not exacly a newbie, I've been a member since 2010 but lately I decided to take a more active
role.
Back in 1992, I was 14 and my prog journey began with Queensryche,Fates Warning and Dream Theater but it was
around 1997(Arcturus-La masquerade infernale) when I finally realized that prog music is the perfect path for me,
as a music lover and as a musician.Since then, I always seek experimentations, art that can't be categorized,
true innovators,hybrid sounds etc.I listen to everything but i particularly love:
- all classic 70's prog but especially Rush,Genesis,Neu!,King Crimson.Pink Floyd is my religion..
- 90's progressive metal,Psychotic Waltz,Sieges Even,Depressive Age,Mayfair,Mind Over Four,Last Crack,Secrecy etc.
- Norwegian pioneers (Arcturus,Ulver,Ved Buens Ende,Fleurety,Manes,In the woods) shaped me as a listener and as a person.
From active bands,my favs right now is Pain of Salvation,Motorpsycho,Cynic,Gazpacho.
I also try to keep up with the greek scene,which has amazing bands to find: Sleepin Pillow,Chewing Gun,Until Rain,Need, Hail Spirit Noir,Tardive Dyskenisia,Winter Crescent etc.
 I hope that I will be part of the Archives for many years to come and I plan to support it in any way I can. I feel desperate to share my passion,write my honest reviews and learn as much as possible!If you read my reviews, feel free to contact me and help me improve!
Cheers my friends!
Antonis ''Aldebaran'' Kalamoutsos 
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 00:48
Antonis, welcome!

I'm actually very glad to see that you introduced yourself here because recently i praised your review for Swans' To Be Kind. 

"Aldebaran_Well has a great Swans review. Captures some of the great, mystical energy Swans exhibit. "

Hope you continue to post not only here, but wonderful reviews. I hope i will be adding my TBK review soon - a masterpiece indeed. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 01:09
nice to see you on the forums -

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 01:13
Welcome & enjoy the forums. [<:o)]
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Aldebaran_Well View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 09:05
Thank you very much  for your kind comments!I think that Swans' music forces us to be creative with words,when reviewing.I still hate myself for missing their last show in Athens,everyone is talking about a stunning performance.Anyway,I'm looking forward to reading your reviews too,thanks! 
 Post Reply Post Reply