Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2010s New Prog Revolution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010s New Prog Revolution
    Posted: September 28 2015 at 00:29

Komandant Shamal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 05:20

^ Really nice ... modern English Prog.

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 19:53
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Now, a pleasant English Prog...

I'd like to inform the readers of this blog that the Unto Us is already cleared for the Prog Archives by Crossover Prog Team at January 13th, 2015, due to my suggestion that I sent earlier via private message to Evolver, the member of Crossover Team & JR/F Team, because back then I didn't knew that Grooveshark links are allowed at this Forum, so I won't posted the suggestion in "Suggest New Bands and Artists"the sub-forum where it actually belongs.

So, you'll soon read all about the band on their well-deserved page in the Prog Archives and, of course, in the reviews of their great Crosssover prog The Human Landscape  the album

Last but not least, I wish to take this opportunity to thank to O666 who pointed me to Unto Us, and also to Yam Yam who actually encouraged me to complete a valid suggestion of Unto Us. And many thanks to the Crossover Team (again).
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 12:15
Thumbs Up (I'm not going to get picky about artists not listed in the PA database being recommended here Wink)

While not being my personal 'cup-of-tea' Unto Us is worthy of inclusion somewhere on the PA, (probably in Neo Prog given the undeniable and inevitable similarity to Also Eden). 
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 11:50
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I have no desire to edit anything, nor do I wish to see it locked. 

If this is intended to be a Blog then blog something, if not then it should be moved elsewhere.

I think Svetonio has had his chance to turn this thread into a blog.
I moved it to 'recommendations' as he basically is recommending music without any personal opinion nor description attached.
No harm or foul other than it's been posted in the wrong forum.
It would however be nice if we could get a little more personal insight as to why these albums are part of the new "prog revolution" or merely comments on why the music is good.
Willing something to be real isn't exactly the same as reality, although it can be quite romantic and interesting. See Cervantes for proof

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 11:04

Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

I'm with Dean here, Svetonio. If this is a blog, then blog about your findings and recommendations. You started more or less well in the OP with a few personal comments, but changed to just posting links without any information, personal reflections etc. If you want to keep this format you should move it to a "recommendations section", and even there I guess that people will expect you to explain why do you recommend something.
The blog will look the way I want, or it will be locked by the Admin, but Dean will not be an "editor" of my blog.
Thank you for contribution.
So you don't want your 'blog' to be a blog. Fine, do whatever you want. David (Guldbamsen) already told you in June 2014, now it's Dean and myself, but OK, you do whatever you want with your 'blog'. Keep blogging.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 11:03
I have no desire to edit anything, nor do I wish to see it locked. 

If this is intended to be a Blog then blog something, if not then it should be moved elsewhere.
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 10:36
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

I'm with Dean here, Svetonio. If this is a blog, then blog about your findings and recommendations. You started more or less well in the OP with a few personal comments, but changed to just posting links without any information, personal reflections etc. If you want to keep this format you should move it to a "recommendations section", and even there I guess that people will expect you to explain why do you recommend something.
The blog will look the way I want, or it will be locked by the Admin, but Dean will not be an "editor" of my blog.
Thank you for contribution.
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 10:24
Going back to Svetonio's original post, there's an album there by The Vorticists - "Show". 

So I clicked on the Bandcamp profile. I have one as well. See "Supported by" and there's three faces ? That means that three people who are on Bandcamp (and have a profile) have actually bought it. 

Three people.

So much for the revolution, I'm afraid. It's a revolution with no paying supporters. 

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 09:47
I could not get into The Emerald Dawn.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 07:23

I'd like to inform the readers of this blog that I ignored Dean's post(s) because he wasgratuitousely & personally insult me several times, for example in this topic.
Dean knows that very well, so he just wants to spam this blog now.

@Sventonio: It would also aid your cause if you were not so confrontational, I only react badly in response to poor behaviour by others - it's a poor trait I know and that is never a mitigating excuse, however I am unapologetic about what I said though I regret finding myself in the situation where I said it.

The Anti Contemporary Prog Brigade does not exist (yeah, I saw the sarcastic winkie), I can object to how you behave without opposing the cause you are ineptly promoting. 

For your information, the last three albums I bought were Major Parkinson, The Emerald Dawn and an album called The Golden Voyage to Samarkand by member DaveSax1965 recording as The Brotherhood of The Machine. The latter is, as you are aware because you have posted in his thread on the subject, a contemporary artist who prefers Old Prog to New (I should also point out that Dr Prog who also commented in that thread is also a contemporary artist who favours Old Prog). The album before all those contemporary Prog albums was Jethro Tull's Stormwatch, an album I overlooked back in 1979. I have no beef against modern contemporary Prog, however I see it as a continuation of a long history of Progressive Rock, not some new revolution.
What?
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 06:34
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 06:01
How is telling people some of the background of the band whose link you uninformatively provided considered to be Spam? How is requesting that YOU provide some of that background information and give some of YOUR opinion on that band, its music and the album they have created considered to be Spam? If this is supposed to be a Blog then blog something constructive and informative, or keep your persistent spamming confined to the Bandcamp Recommendations thread.

You can ignore me all you like, but the points I am making are valid.
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 05:39
I'd like to inform the readers of this blog that I ignored Dean's post(s) because he was gratuitousely & personally insult me several times, for example in this topic.
Dean knows that very well, so he just wants to spam this blog now.

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 04:53
A Blog is a page or thread containing a writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations and opinions. 

If you *must* post links to bands you believe are examples of this New Prog revolution then at least have the courtesy to write something in your own words to explain why. Simply mentioning that Unto Us is Huw Lloyd-Jones's new band since leaving Also Eden in 2009 would have aided your cause considerably, as would adding a few words about your opinion of the music they have produced on The Human Landscape, for example you could have mentioned how this obvious Neo Prog influenced album relates to your concept of New Prog.
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 04:28
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 02:44
This isn't the Bandcamp Recommendations thread. Nor is it a Blog. Stern Smile
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 22:38
An amazing 12-minute long progressive blues epic by U.S. band called Blastar. Enjoy!

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 23:25
 Amazing "smokey blues tinged vocals" by Sara Lapiedra and pleasant retro riffs on a magnificent hard rock / heavy prog song Women by WHITE COVEN from Zaragoza, Spain. For the fans of Led Zep. Enjoy!

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 00:22
A plenty of nice prog rock singles are already released in January 2015. On The Chest (80's) by Spanish band THE AMNIOTIC FLOWER is strongly recommended.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>