Topic ClosedSteve Walsh to leave KANSAS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2014 at 16:10
Originally posted by ClemofNazareth ClemofNazareth wrote:

Originally posted by foxvalleyal foxvalleyal wrote:

I don't know how these bands can continue to carry the name when all the original talent has left and they have essentially become a Tribute Band to themselves. Led Zeppelin had it right in dissolving the band when John Bonham died and they all agreed that anything less than the 4 originals just wasn't Led Zeppelin. Even Steve Perry said to Journey when he departed - Don't do this, call the band anything but Journey. I have to agree with them. You just can't match the chemistry of musical talent and writing from the original members that made the band who they were. Anything less is just a Tribute Band to themselves living off the name.

Another way to look at this is that some of these bands were ripped off by their labels and/or management back in their heydays; some of them made poor choices and can't survive without working in their twilight years; and some don't know how to do anything else (I read an interview with Walsh a couple years ago where he said as much).

As long as people are willing to keep coming out to see them in concert, where's the harm? Sure, for the most part it's nostalgia, but they're no different than the 60s Motown acts and 50s crooners who continue to trek around the country playing smaller and smaller gigs to audiences with ever increasing layers of grey hair.
foxvalleyal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2014 at 16:29
Fair enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12