Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgArchives censorship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: Is the PA site becoming overly censored?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [56.76%]
8 [21.62%]
8 [21.62%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2014 at 16:16
I'm starting to see what I consider to be excessive censorship on this site. It started with the posting. A** instead of Ass and that sort of thing. Some of it may have been self censorship to be sure. I've censored myself out of respect for other site visitors. But now I see this sort of thing happening. These are different images than what they were a few years ago.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=5259

And this

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=14576

My feeling is that someone (site administrator??) is going too far with this sort of thing and damaging the artistic integrity of what was done by the bands. We're not a bunch of 12 year old's here and even if 12 year old's visit the site what are they being protected from, cleavage, bare butts?? Give me a break!!  In Canada we value freedom of expression and I thought the US liked to wave the oh so holy "Free Speech" flag as well. I really would like to hear from as many members as possible on this so I can understand if there is a disconnect between what we all expect as members and what we are 'given' by the controlling parties or if I'm just out in left field all be myself.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456