Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedalbum rating wrongly says I'm not logged in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: album rating wrongly says I'm not logged in
    Posted: August 06 2014 at 19:42
Occurs with IE11 Metro on Windows 8. I've also seen it happen occasionally on other browsers/platforms. Basically, I log into the forums but when I then go to the archives and bring up a discography, I cannot rate any album (by clicking on the 1 through 5 stars). The site claims I'm not logged in, and asks me to login again. Logging in again accomplishes nothing, when I browse back to the archives, I'm once again a nobody. But when I browse back to the forums, I again exist.

Please fix. I know Steve Wilson is personally angry I'm not able to give "Raven" five stars when I really want to!

Edited by Stereolab - August 06 2014 at 19:43
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 09:27
I have the same problem from time to time here;...there are many 'bugs' on this forum that need to be fixed.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Rick Robson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 09:40
Tou've got to insist on that... My last vote for the album rating I accomplished only at the third attempt, go figure that...

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2014 at 11:16
Do you log in on the forum or have you tried "Collaborators/Members Login" on the site's main page?
Stereolab View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 20:06
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Do you log in on the forum or have you tried "Collaborators/Members Login" on the site's main page?

Logging in via the forums did not help. But the "Collaborators/Members Login" page method seems bulletproof.

Edited by Stereolab - August 20 2014 at 20:06
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 20:08
Originally posted by Stereolab Stereolab wrote:

Logging in via the forums did not help. But the "Collaborators/Members Login" page method seems bulletproof.
I'm asking because, as you may have noticed, logging in to one of them doesn't log you in to the other.
Stereolab View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 02:35

Originally posted by Stereolab Stereolab wrote:

I'm asking because, as you may have noticed, logging in to one of them doesn't log you in to the other.

Today I had to go through the  "Collaborators/Members Login" login process twice in order to add some ratings. I don't know what the bug is, but something is still wrong.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 02:50
I am sadly a complete joke when it comes to computers, so I can't help in clarifying what's going on. All I know is that this 'bug' has existed ever since I started frequenting this site. Each and every time I write a review (I suspect it's the same with ratings only, although I've never done one of those), I'll have to log in twice. It's so part of the routine now that I hardly ever think about it tbh.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 04:22
I havenīt had the problem in years, but about a week ago when I wanted to edit one of my reviews, I couldnīt log on either, so I guess itīs a general issue. I havenīt had problems since though.

Oh and David itīs nice to hear Iīm not the only Computer illiterate on the net Big smile

Edited by UMUR - August 21 2014 at 04:23
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 04:37
LOL
It's a Danish thing then...

Btw Jonas, I've really been digging your recent stream of reviews. Thanks man. Reminds me of when I first started frequenting PA - reading reviews from you, Hugues, Jim (Finnforest), John the Mellotron (Sinkadotentree), Chris (SeventhSojourn), Easy Livin, Ricochet, Negoba, Neu!mann (who still writes!!! One of my faves), Tom Ozric, Thomas (Tszirmay), Greenback and many many more that I probably unfairly leave out because my memory is like Swiss Cheese.
Makes me want to do some reviews of my own, but school just started up againViolin 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 05:01
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

On the few occasions when I wanted to post a review, I had to use the Collaborators/members login button as well (I knew because I was logged in on the forum at most of these occasions). I feel very content with this mechanism, for it has protected me from giving quick ratings (a convenience feature for trolls), sometimes on albums I had not even heard.

Edited by someone_else - August 21 2014 at 05:02
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 06:42
^Big smileThumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2014 at 06:46
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

LOL
It's a Danish thing then...

Btw Jonas, I've really been digging your recent stream of reviews. Thanks man. Reminds me of when I first started frequenting PA - reading reviews from you, Hugues, Jim (Finnforest), John the Mellotron (Sinkadotentree), Chris (SeventhSojourn), Easy Livin, Ricochet, Negoba, Neu!mann (who still writes!!! One of my faves), Tom Ozric, Thomas (Tszirmay), Greenback and many many more that I probably unfairly leave out because my memory is like Swiss Cheese.
Makes me want to do some reviews of my own, but school just started up againViolin 
Well as you probably know I mostly write metal-related reviews for MMA these days, but sometimes the artists are also present here on PA and I copy/paste my reivews here too. Iīm not really in a progressive rock phase at the moment and havenīt been for 5 years or so. So itīs seldom I write a progressive rock review these days, even though I have a lot of albums in the PA database, that I still havenīt reviewed. And if I ever get to a point where I donīt happen to have more releases to review, Iīll just take  stroll down to the local library and find something. The Danish library system RULES Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply