Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

deep thinking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2015 at 16:20
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

There is no true vacuum, even the emptiest vacuum has energy. True vacuum would imply non-existence of a universe.

On the contrary, the absence of energy means the existence of energy. Therefore, the vacuum can be empty of energy, for it means that energy exists ouf of the vaccum.
The Universe may well be a free lunch, but this does not mean what you are saying.

Do you imply the vacuum provides free lunches? Are black holes the appetizers of trans-dimensional cosmic feasts?
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2015 at 16:50
if you eat, you gain weight, if you move, you lose weight.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2015 at 17:29

There is no true vacuum, even the emptiest vacuum has energy. True vacuum would imply non-existence of a universe.

On the contrary, the absence of energy means the existence of energy. Therefore, the vacuum can be empty of energy, for it means that energy exists ouf of the vaccum.
The Universe may well be a free lunch, but this does not mean what you are saying.

Do you imply the vacuum provides free lunches? Are black holes the appetizers of trans-dimensional cosmic feasts?
Sorry I'm afraid I'm too serious for this thread.
addictedtoprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addictedtoprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2015 at 23:16

CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 11:52

If you have read the first pages of this thread, you may have realized that all hope of seriousness in said thread is lost.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 14:37

deep thinking is something one does for his/herself and the only real reason to post it is to possibly inspire someone else and/or simply bring your thoughts on digital paper so even when the rest will make fun of you there is still reason to keep posting your deep thoughts
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2015 at 08:37

If you have read the first pages of this thread, you may have realized that all hope of seriousness in said thread is lost.
yes but no to the statement...   
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2015 at 13:37
well when is metal-prog just metal... 

Music Is Live

<
Toaster Mantis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toaster Mantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2015 at 15:05
In the meantime, here is an essay about Alan Watts about how exactly what reality is, how much of it is defined subjectively by our own expectations as well as our desire to fit our experiences of that reality into our self-image. (what with all the social status concerns that either consciously or unconsciously come with the territory)
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2015 at 22:30
I find reality to be like nougat. Chewy, meltable, and always not as satisfying as you think it would be.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 01:55
Originally posted by Toaster Mantis Toaster Mantis wrote:

In the meantime, here is an essay about Alan Watts about how exactly what reality is, how much of it is defined subjectively by our own expectations as well as our desire to fit our experiences of that reality into our self-image. (what with all the social status concerns that either consciously or unconsciously come with the territory)
well as I`ve always stated reality SUCKS...Ouch

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 01:57
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

I find reality to be like nougat. Chewy, meltable, and always not as satisfying as you think it would be.
like it Man With HatLOL... but I don`t like NOUGATCry

Music Is Live

<
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toaster Mantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 07:12

Doesn't Tom Hanks say something like that in Forrest Gump?
"The past is not some static being, it is not a previous present, nor a present that has passed away; the past has its own dynamic being which is constantly renewed and renewing." - Claire Colebrook
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 18:30

I've only watched the version where they were all drunk or pregnant, so I wouldn't know.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2015 at 04:46

no its life is like a box of choc`s...LOL

Music Is Live

<
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toaster Mantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2015 at 04:47
It's a long time ago I watched that movie.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 03:01

It's a long time ago I watched that movie.
me too!LOL

Music Is Live

<
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 04:13
life is like life
metaphors are never perfect, especially not in life, a thing which is practically impossible to put in any context or contrasts
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 05:02
metaphor is the juxtaposition of two images
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2015 at 09:24
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

life is like life
metaphors are never perfect, especially not in life, a thing which is practically impossible to put in any context or contrasts
yes and no...Thumbs UpThumbs Down

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>