Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Free collaborative album - anyone want to join in
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFree collaborative album - anyone want to join in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free collaborative album - anyone want to join in
    Posted: September 24 2014 at 03:21
Hi folks -

Just an idea. On another music site, I got together with a few other musicians and bands and co-ordinated an album which was freely downloadable for anyone who used the site. 

It was a bit of a success. I asked people to contribute a couple of tracks - could be anything, old back catalogue - I mastered it onto an album, provided the artwork, uploaded it to Bandcamp, although it could also be distributed free via other peoples' Bandcamp (etc) profiles. It means you all get an album out much faster, it can be used for radio play etc. 

Would any bands here like to get involved in the same project - "create a free prog rock sampler which is made available to people on Prog Archives ? " - need two FLAC / MP3 256kbs files off anyone who wants to get involved. 

If so, drop me a PM. I'll throw 2-3 short tracks into the mix, so there's 15 mins already - no upper time limit for a download, of course. 

Cheers
Dave

Edited by Davesax1965 - September 24 2014 at 03:22
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2014 at 03:23
PS I'm a prog musician, have a listen to 
https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcamp.com/album/trip-hazard
That's typical of my stuff. The prior release - the collaborative one - was a spacey / ambient / whatever album and is at
https://solquinox.bandcamp.com/
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2014 at 07:29
Obviously not ! ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply