Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedhi there progheads...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi there progheads...
    Posted: August 11 2005 at 18:21

hi, sorry if I waited until my 10th post before introducing myself, my name is Matteo (aka porter) and i'm a 27 (almost 28) years old mot******er from Italy, pretty new to prog I must admit, It's less than one year I guess since I accidentally stumbled upon Yes, Rush, Genesis and others and I just fell in love. I had been listening to KC for quite a while up to that point, but I'd never plunged into the prog world in "full mode". Now I'm trying to compensate for all the time I've wasted in my life.

My tastes range from "softer" things like old Genesis to much heavier stuff like some prog metal, even though I still haven't found a prog metal band that i really like (i have tried with DT but it just didn't happen, sorry); the closest thing to the prog metal i would like to hear is KC's The construKction of light, which I adore, while many seem to despise...

I love all the classic bands (Yes, Rush; VDGG, GG, Hackett/Gabriel era Genesis) but i'm pretty ignorant about the new scene...suggestions will be welcome.

see ya in the forum

Bye, Matteo (porter)

"my kingdom for a horse!" (W. Shakespeare, "Richard III")
geezer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 02:02
Originally posted by porter porter wrote:

I love all the classic bands (Yes, Rush; VDGG, GG, Hackett/Gabriel era Genesis) but i'm pretty ignorant about the new scene...suggestions will be welcome.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the Italian scene because that's where you are from.

There are some damn good new bands from there as well. Have you checked any of those?
 Post Reply Post Reply